Recent Topics

Ads

Battle Zones (BZ)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
BluIzLucky

Re: Battle Zones (BZ)

Post#21 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:47 am

Strakar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:46 pm I think it's a great idea. Question/concerns-

1. Would this stretch the low current pop even thinner, particularly during NA time.
2. What kind of rewards would incent people to keep playing. Maybe ch 22 type offerings or a way to get pve tokens. Or just another way to get crests?

Sorry if this was mentioned, at work with some TLDR.
1. Might do, same as fort does right now, my hope is they will be fun and incentives enough to encourage high % participation, and while tricky maybe the boring onesided zerging will get fixed too.. but could certainly add negative modifiers to trigger chances when pop is too low.
2. Rewards should be the same as fort (which will hopefully get improved)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#22 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:32 pm

Would be great to see more of the game, then the same zones for years

Fey

Post#23 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:52 pm

I'll add my voice to the chorus, this is a great idea. There is a particular keep in northern High Pass. It is huge, and I don't believe it's affiliated with a public quest. I always thought it was a shame that it was largely ignored. It's been awhile, I'll go check it out tonite.

I heartily endorse this event or product.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

BluIzLucky

Post#24 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:43 am

Fey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:52 pm ...

Yeah High Pass has some pretty sweet areas, you are probably talking about Temple of Heimkel (name of destro PQ just outside the big building).

It's on the list, though I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate both the outside and inside with a fight to the boss/last room, got a couple of ideas, but let me know if you have any.

Cyrylius

Post#25 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:35 am

I'm gonna make a very unconstructive critique and mention that there are 2 empire ideas, 2 asur ones and only one stunty battlefront. Either pick another one to be fair or just delete the current one, noone wants dwarfs anyway.
P.S. I do recall some screens with high king thorgrin grudgebearer being accessible from one of two satellite zones of TM, so in case you'd rather take the first option there must be some nice locations to explore. Hell, could be even a dwarf/ork city scenario, to reinvent this wheel.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

BluIzLucky

Post#26 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:41 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:35 am ...
Not sure why there would be a need for equal number of BZs between all pairings? These are not tied to the campaign progress, and even if they were, shouldn't matter and is besides the point of the post.

Here's pretty much my selection criteria:
1. Area big enough and capable of enabling good combat for at least 200 players
2. Area has one theme
3. Area has one or more focal points
4. Area is distinct from ORvR zone
5. Zone has significant unused/pve areas
6. I think it's an awesome area, that could play out a small but meaningful story

Most (and especially dwarf) areas fail on one or more, the TM side zones fail 3., 4. And 6.
It also excludes imo, KV, TM, BC, MoM and Badlands.

Leaving BV (already used), BFP (empire themed), Ekrund and MBH (with pretty much just starting areas being remotely interesting, and I don't think we should reserve those).

That being said my personal bias is towards HE, so happy to be convinced otherwise.

As for orc/dwarf city, my assumptions is they have thought about it and I feel no need to suggest anything in that regard.

Xergon

Post#27 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:23 am

Now, good luck finding someone who will be able to code all this...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube