Recent Topics

Ads

Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
vanjelis

Re: Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#31 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:23 am

Wait you guys get to play City sieges? It's 3am my time 😭

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#32 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:12 am

City is endgame content and you want to make solo q fights more enjoyable?

You can always group up and q with guild/ally/friends and control who you play with to ensure a better experience. Personally I'd make city 6/12/24 q only, this is a team based mmo.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Bosli

Post#33 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:19 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:12 am City is endgame content and you want to make solo q fights more enjoyable?

You can always group up and q with guild/ally/friends and control who you play with to ensure a better experience. Personally I'd make city 6/12/24 q only, this is a team based mmo.
Go troll somewhere else. Analyze city sieges of how many 12s and 24s queue for cities vs. how many players solo-queue. It's more solo-players already, and they get a bad gameplay experience more often than not because it ends up a stomp for either side.

The more players queue for city sieges - NO MATTER if it's premade or solo - the better the matchmaker can do it's thing, meaning we should get rid of potential barriers that makes people not play - or even not queue for them.

Martok

Post#34 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:54 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:12 amYou can always group up and q with guild/ally/friends and control who you play with to ensure a better experience. Personally I'd make city 6/12/24 q only, this is a team based mmo.

People have been saying this for the last thousand years. The prophecy has yet to come true.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Detangler

Post#35 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:27 pm

Bosli wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:21 am
Evilspinnre wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:57 pm "I didn't get a pugstomp instance or I am losing a close fight in city and would rather q scs while all the premades are in city"

Make the quitter debuff 1hr for leaving city.
Bosli wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pm [...] for leaving a hopeless city siege.
We know that the players that literally exclusively play city in 12 or 24 premades want the pugs they sometimes end up against to be bound to their chair and forced to walk out the barriers so you can get 800 kills in a siege.

Maybe read the original post and the couple replies before you try. Now go back into your premade cave, troll.
I don't think anyone is saying they want people to be forced to leave the spawn so one side can wrack up kills, just that they should be forced to stick around through the stages. Even losing rewards are huge. Stage 2 and 3 goes pretty quick if one side doesn't put up much of any resistance.

The difference between quitting in city and quitting in scenarios is also quite different. In scenarios your spot can be filled. In scenarios your quitting doesn't affect others' rewards. 24h quitter is laughably over the top - Don't take that guy seriously. There should be increased penalties for quitting in cities. You can still get stage 2 and 3 rewards by going out a single time and making a valiant attempt at a fight.

Don't like it? Don't queue. It's your choice. Increased risk and increased reward
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Evilspinnre

Post#36 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:36 pm

Apparently having a view that disagrees with the OP makes you a troll, damn

Bosli

Post#37 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:01 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:36 pm Apparently having a view that disagrees with the OP makes you a troll, damn
No, but you are a troll no matter what.
Detangler wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:27 pm I don't think anyone is saying they want people to be forced to leave the spawn so one side can wrack up kills, just that they should be forced to stick around through the stages. Even losing rewards are huge. Stage 2 and 3 goes pretty quick if one side doesn't put up much of any resistance.

The difference between quitting in city and quitting in scenarios is also quite different. In scenarios your spot can be filled. In scenarios your quitting doesn't affect others' rewards. 24h quitter is laughably over the top - Don't take that guy seriously. There should be increased penalties for quitting in cities. You can still get stage 2 and 3 rewards by going out a single time and making a valiant attempt at a fight.

Don't like it? Don't queue. It's your choice. Increased risk and increased reward
You still do not understand what I posted before. Your problem is that YOU YOURSELF have a lesser chance to get a bag if players leave a siege. That is your problem on this matter, and it doesn't have anything to do with players getting a quitter debuff. Both things are bad / weird game design decisions and should be changed.

Believe it or not, there are players that queue for cities to not only get rewards, but also for gameplay. If the gameplay is a total stomp and waste of time, some rather do something else that could be more fun but give less rewards.

Evilspinnre

Post#38 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:11 pm

"More fun but less rewarding"

Sure, add "city quitter" debuff. 0 rr and crest gain from rvr and scs for 1hr with the debuff up.

So it's troll now, last time was tryhard. Wonder what you'll call me next 🤔

Ads
Detangler

Post#39 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:27 pm

Bosli wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:01 pm
Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:36 pm Apparently having a view that disagrees with the OP makes you a troll, damn
No, but you are a troll no matter what.
Detangler wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:27 pm I don't think anyone is saying they want people to be forced to leave the spawn so one side can wrack up kills, just that they should be forced to stick around through the stages. Even losing rewards are huge. Stage 2 and 3 goes pretty quick if one side doesn't put up much of any resistance.

You still do not understand what I posted before. Your problem is that YOU YOURSELF have a lesser chance to get a bag if players leave a siege. That is your problem on this matter, and it doesn't have anything to do with players getting a quitter debuff. Both things are bad / weird game design decisions and should be changed.

Believe it or not, there are players that queue for cities to not only get rewards, but also for gameplay. If the gameplay is a total stomp and waste of time, some rather do something else that could be more fun but give less rewards.
Oh no, I get your point. If people want to quit, great, go for it. Problem is it hurts the other 23 people as they are permanently down a person and have less chance at bags. When a person's ganeplay decision negatively affects others, there should absolutely be increased penalties.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bosli

Post#40 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:35 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:27 pm Oh no, I get your point. If people want to quit, great, go for it. Problem is it hurts the other 23 people as they are permanently down a person and have less chance at bags. When a person's ganeplay decision negatively affects others, there should absolutely be increased penalties.
We already went to the idea to only not give a quitter debuff if players leave after the first stage. How often did you win second or third stage, after getting stomped with 0 kills in the first? That might sometimes happen in the premade instances, but I wouldn't be surprised if it literally never happened in pug sieges, where you can be glad if all players are still ready to go for a second fight after the first wipe and not leave or go afk.

But then again, you are still speaking of bag rewards when it is a different matter altogether.