Recent Topics

Ads

Fixing Fundamental Reward Problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Evilspinnre

Re: Fixing Fundamental Reward Problem

Post#31 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:52 am
Evilspinnre wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:23 am Tosh, if all you do is solo and duo, how can you have any insight into how warbands and their leaders work? Maybe you should start leading some yourself and pushing those zones to show us how it's done! This is a team based game after all, not a solo one
Evil, maybe you should know more about me as a player besides purely assuming.
Maybe apply that logic to your first two posts.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#32 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:09 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:05 am
Evilspinnre wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:23 am Tosh, if all you do is solo and duo, how can you have any insight into how warbands and their leaders work? Maybe you should start leading some yourself and pushing those zones to show us how it's done! This is a team based game after all, not a solo one
hey mister bigshot. you're not so big that you can claim that this is or isn't a solo game. i agree with everything tosh said :)

you dont like sieges because they're risky. profesional ror warbands only play risk-off. cant take chance that you might die. in a videogame.

I don't like sieges because they take 30+ mins away from open RvR, and I like constant fights ;) I play the game to have fun, not be bored. If you've ever run in my warbands you know I don't care about dying ;)
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:07 am

but sieges dont "take 30+mins away from open RVR". sieges are part of rvr. if you meant that there are no fights in that period, that's wrong again. funniest fights are exactly when one realm is trying to block other realm's access to keep.

p.s. ofc there are shitmaps like KV, caledor etc. where it's nigh impossible to mount good siege and it's too easy to defend.

CyunUnderis

Post#34 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:39 am

rejndjer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:07 am but sieges dont "take 30+mins away from open RVR". sieges are part of rvr. if you meant that there are no fights in that period, that's wrong again. funniest fights are exactly when one realm is trying to block other realm's access to keep.

p.s. ofc there are shitmaps like KV, caledor etc. where it's nigh impossible to mount good siege and it's too easy to defend.
Funnels are sort of fights, but they are boring (to my point of view) because of maps (hello Avelorn, KV, Caledor, ...) or rank (try to take a 3 stars keep with 2 or 3 organized WBs in it). So, like Evil, and a good parts of all WB leaders, we prefer to fight in the open field and avoid sieges. Almost every time a siege happened during a prime time, the rest of the prime tends to become boring because of it.

Garamore

Post#35 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:41 am

They do take 30 mins and are completely boring whether defending or attacking. Part of me dies inside when someone gets a ram in primetime.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Garamore

Post#36 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:50 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:26 pm That’s also what I’ve said, just quit developing new content, remove all the current stuff, make everyone just load into the dueling arena, everyone starts game RR80 BiS and make it a 24/7 BR game as nothing else seems to matter to anyone else besides “kill trading “ anyway.
Almost - swap dueling arena for Praag or one of the other good zones and you will start to understand where some of the bigger warband leaders are coming from.

Theres no fun in killing under geared people so a much closer gear gap would be great, no fun in killing disorganised people so more 24 man 2-2-2 wbs would be great.

As for kill trading - War was always about endless RvR (remember the 'War never ends' strapline). Constant fighting is a good thing. I' pretty sure that evil never thinks oh ill let Gara kill me so I can then kill him and likewise I would not ever consider the same. I do however respawn and come out of the warcamp and look for the next fight - win or lose its actual fighting that makes this game great.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Phantasm

Post#37 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:28 am

Like Gara said, taking keep is pointless for RvR, it leads only to different map, sometimes better, sometimes worse. What it does most of the time (EU primetime) is killing RvR, ppl take breaks, log off, etc. Sieging is a replacement for RvR fights if there is none. Like Order does. Pushes zones when destro logs off and then take "empty" forts.
I still wait for a moment LOTD controling BO style zone locking comes to RvR lakes. Keeps being only part of BO chain of control.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:53 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:39 am
rejndjer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:07 am but sieges dont "take 30+mins away from open RVR". sieges are part of rvr. if you meant that there are no fights in that period, that's wrong again. funniest fights are exactly when one realm is trying to block other realm's access to keep.

Funnels are sort of fights, but they are boring (to my point of view) because of maps (hello Avelorn, KV, Caledor, ...) or rank (try to take a 3 stars keep with 2 or 3 organized WBs in it). So, like Evil, and a good parts of all WB leaders, we prefer to fight in the open field and avoid sieges. Almost every time a siege happened during a prime time, the rest of the prime tends to become boring because of it.
i strongly disagree. every time there was siege or more than one siege during prime time, it has been more fun and more interesting than regular "meet between 2 warcamps and kill each other" fights. that **** gets repetitive after 5minutes. only thing that kills sieges in primetime is when some of premade warbands decide that they won't play with rest of server, because that's "not fun" :)

it would be really nice if only forts taken in 6-11pm altdorf time would be "counted" for city score. that way we can end every city period with 0-0, would be hilarious :D

would be even nicer if inner postern wasn't closed on rank3 keep anymore. right now this thing serves no purpose, except to "kill rvr" in your own words.

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#39 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:13 am

Open rvr is fun because it introduces an element of tactics into the game, gives a better organized group a chance to outmanouevre a less organized one and kite when under too much pressure. In other words it rewards smart play and good decisions in addition to numbers and gear.
Sieges are not fun because they don't do that. They essentially force both sides to clash head on in a narrow choke where you can barely do anything but spam buttons. There is no outplaying anyone in a siege, both sides count numbers and classes and then the one mathematically better suited for funnels wins and the other one logs out after getting a zone lock reward. It also provides very little to do for everyone but ranged dps aside from the funnel itself. It's very telling that the person defending sieges sieges here is a famous SW main. Sieges are enjoyable for ranged dps, but they are not fun for pretty much anything else and they eliminate what little skill is required to play orvr in a warband.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:45 am

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:13 am Open rvr is fun because it introduces an element of tactics into the game, gives a better organized group a chance to outmanouevre a less organized one and kite when under too much pressure. In other words it rewards smart play and good decisions in addition to numbers and gear.
if this is true, then why is everyone crying about "zerg" whole time?

p.s. and btw, sieges are definitely not "enjoable" for SW. if you wanna have a chance to kill bad players you must go festershit build, which is boring, and even then it's hard to find a bad player in a sea of red. you won't kill anyone half-decent as rSW from walls while defending keep. only thing that's enjoyable about SW and siege is throwing your m4 while pushing/getting pushed. i imajin if there was no sieges nobody would ever get a chance to use m4 anyway. :D