Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull needs to be reined in

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
lumpi33

Re: Marauder pull needs to be reined in

Post#41 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:46 am

Goriy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:34 am You can extend the range of the pull from 65ft up to 80ft with gear. lul what? what gear extends the range? show me I want to use it.

You know what healers and ranged dps do have? a Silence and KDs. Lots of ways to handle it.

Who is defending it? Just giving ya tips on how to deal with it friend.

No seriously what gear extends it? I have every set in the game and I think you are sorely mistaken or someone misled you.
My bad, thought they could extend it like ranged dps with setbonus and gloves because I've seen some casting it from really far away like from the outer wall of a keep to the inner wall in praag.

Anyway, 15ft are like 2 steps. Doesn't make much of a difference. It's more like the lag that makes the difference.

You are a clever guy, you know exactly which classes are good and which abilities are really really good. Don't try to fool us here. You DO know very well how good that pull is and how hard to defend it is. It gives you a lot of easy kills.

Ads
Goriy

Post#42 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:52 am

Nameless wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:42 am BIS am with eov dont have any tool to stop it.

And the other difference from live is that at war for 10 renown points you got resolute defence which we miss on ror. Not to mention tanks full sov ani cc spell.
Basically on ror u got pulls buffed, bugged and remove most reliable conters. So you made positioning, which is kinda main defence tool for healers and rdps on orders side, kinda obsolete
Law Of Gold? its in the same tree as Vaul .. surely you have it? Its a silence .. use it

Lots of things are different from Live .. so what?

Fenris78

Post#43 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:57 am

Add to that Mara pull doesnt do damage, so you cannot even reliably get the "auto-targeting", or when it triggers it's already too late to react.
So even for classes with a ranged silence or interrupt, unless you can instantly turn the view and click on the mara that is pulling you in 2 seconds timeframe, and not in the gcd to use your interrupt, wich also need to be instant without travel time, while running away, basically you cannot interrupt the pull.

Mara pull before was balanced, because rdps and healers could defend from it. Okay, disruptable meant healers got very resilient against this skill.

Make it a ranged skill that can be defended with dodge ; pretty much everyone is equal regarding initiative score (wich will count as a tiny fraction of % dodge chances anyway, but about the same for everyone saving tanks under HtL), and it will actually make dodge a bit more useful for Order, while letting a small chance to healers and rdps to defend this ability.

This change could even be the right counterpart to GtdC, wich would make the 3 Destruction pulls on the 3 different avoidances : parry against Choppa, dodge against Mara, disrupt against Magus pull.

Goriy

Post#44 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:12 am

Fenris78 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:57 am Add to that Mara pull doesnt do damage, so you cannot even reliably get the "auto-targeting", or when it triggers it's already too late to react.
So even for classes with a ranged silence or interrupt, unless you can instantly turn the view and click on the mara that is pulling you in 2 seconds timeframe, and not in the gcd to use your interrupt, wich also need to be instant without travel time, while running away, basically you cannot interrupt the pull.

Mara pull before was balanced, because rdps and healers could defend from it. Okay, disruptable meant healers got very resilient against this skill.

Make it a ranged skill that can be defended with dodge ; pretty much everyone is equal regarding initiative score (wich will count as a tiny fraction of % dodge chances anyway, but about the same for everyone saving tanks under HtL), and it will actually make dodge a bit more useful for Order, while letting a small chance to healers and rdps to defend this ability.

This change could even be the right counterpart to GtdC, wich would make the 3 Destruction pulls on the 3 different avoidances : parry against Choppa, dodge against Mara, disrupt against Magus pull.
Healers have all the advantages in this game .. multiple detaunts .. endless AP .. 150ft heals .. if you were running away at the caboose you are prolly gonna get pulled and eliminated. I have been pulled by WLs into blobs and destroyed. Why did I get pulled? Because I was somewhere I shouldn't have been.

Lets really turn this thread into a degen one. If you think its not fair that a player cant defend against pull why is it ok for Rampage to exist in the game? 1 skill makes a tank not do his job - defend. Pulls are part of the game just like Rampage is part of the game. Love it or Hate it its just the way this game is

~ Pull Ya Later

heybaws

Post#45 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:23 am

Goriy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:12 am
Fenris78 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:57 am Add to that Mara pull doesnt do damage, so you cannot even reliably get the "auto-targeting", or when it triggers it's already too late to react.

Healers have all the advantages in this game .. multiple detaunts .. endless AP .. 150ft heals .. if you were running away at the caboose you are prolly gonna get pulled and eliminated. I have been pulled by WLs into blobs and destroyed. Why did I get pulled? Because I was somewhere I shouldn't have been.

Lets really turn this thread into a degen one. If you think its not fair that a player cant defend against pull why is it ok for Rampage to exist in the game? 1 skill makes a tank not do his job - defend. Pulls are part of the game just like Rampage is part of the game. Love it or Hate it its just the way this game is

~ Pull Ya Later
wl pull has a range check, pets need to travel to target first, which is already an issue since pathing changes maded it almost impossible to pet run in a straight line, player must use movespeed tactic because pet will never catch it otherwise, and you need to run a frenzy build to make pet imune to CC. There is a lot of "IF's" to make wl pull succesfull. comparing it to mara is just dishonest

Goriy

Post#46 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:27 am

heybaws wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:23 am

~ Pull Ya Later
wl pull has a range check, pets need to travel to target first, which is already an issue since pathing changes maded it almost impossible to pet run in a straight line, player must use movespeed tactic because pet will never catch it otherwise, and you need to run a frenzy build to make pet imune to CC. There is a lot of "IF's" to make wl pull succesfull. comparing it to mara is just dishonest
Didnt compare it .. I said I have been pulled into Blobs by WLs. Mara pull is better by far. I also dont have the burst of a WL. Game is not a Mirror never was. Every class in this game has tradeoffs and that is ok. What makes the game special.

wachlarz

Post#47 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:41 pm

heybaws wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:23 am

~ Pull Ya Later
WL have jump, mara dont

Panzer80

Post#48 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:56 pm

Mara pull effects ONE target. Mara does not have pounce to jump into back lines. Therefore, Mara pull should have more range than WL's pet pull, but it doesn't (65 ft for both). I don't know about the range check. I get targets out of range regularly on my Mara, block, parry, etc. Lag has a more pronounced visual effect with Mara pull due to it being a pull to player, rather than pull to pet. I was pulled through a tree, and a log wall in Avelorn on my WH by a Mara last time I was pulled. Didn't make sense to me, but I was last, and Mara got that target lock on me before I went to cover. I chalked it up to OP EU vs NA ping. Same reason I hit tanks in the back on my WH and they block it.. Do not be last to mount up with a Mara nearby.

I'm always game for deeper lore-based realism in ability tooltips/functions, but you can make those kinds of arguments all day. Just as well the pull could arguably be affected by strength, because the Mara needs the power to yank the target foe to his position, no? Perhaps the reason Mara pull fails is because of a weak "yank" more than anything else..
Last edited by Panzer80 on Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads
chovudal

Post#49 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:14 pm

~ Pull Ya Later
Because Rampage is an Enchantment ... disenchant!
Pull? Nearly Undefendable ? That was never intended, like it is at the moment
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Goriy

Post#50 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:31 pm

chovudal wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:14 pm

~ Pull Ya Later
Because Rampage is an Enchantment ... disenchant!
Pull? Nearly Undefendable ? That was never intended, like it is at the moment
I am going to use your logic ... ready?

"Because Rampage is an Enchantment ... disenchant!" = Because Pull is a Magic Ability... silence!
"Pull? Nearly Undefendable ? That was never intended, like it is at the moment" But it is defendable? Taunt, Silence, Interrupt, Range KD ... hello? What am I missing here? We playing a different game?