Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull needs to be reined in

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
TrainInVain

Re: Marauder pull needs to be reined in

Post#21 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:43 am

I'd be in favor of pulls or punts only doing a pull/punt if they crit, otherwise just knock down. More than enough cc in this game.

My experiences with pulls I think are shaped by west coast latency. On my mara I think I get 1 of 15ish pulls to work. Enemies almost always LOS, move outta range, interrupt, or disrupt. When I'm on order I almost never defend/evade against a pull in anyway shape or form, and have the same experiences as many other order players. Example, I LOS the mara by moving through a door only to get pulled back out etc.

Ads
Vri

Post#22 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:00 am

The pull isnt breaking the game but it does hurt feelings.

lumpi33

Post#23 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 am

memesperg wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:17 am mara pull working as intended https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1779621212
What you can see in this video is nothing special. It happens all the time since the range check was removed and people hate it.

There is no day without complaining about it. Here are just a few examples: https://postimg.cc/xXyR28W0

Im getting annoyed by it as well. When playing destro you almost never getting pulled and when playing order there is pulling all the time. Without that range check it's getting really ridiculous. Is there even any other spell or ability in the game that has no second range check? I think that mara pull is the only one.

PLEASE FIX THAT !!

inoeth
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:43 am

Wdova wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:30 pm
inoeth wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:54 pm order crying getting more and more ridicolous...
Ridicolous is your fanatical bias towards destro while ignoring obvious game breaking bugs.
i'm not biased, i just don't see this as a problem since it only ever effects one person and lions can do the same thing... so what!?

because this:
Vri wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:00 am The pull isnt breaking the game but it does hurt feelings.

Garamore

Post#25 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:45 am

lumpi33 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 am When playing destro you almost never getting pulled and when playing order there is pulling all the time.
When playing destro you get white lion pounced, rampage and id from slayer etc - these solo skill call outs are just getting dull.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Sinisterror

Post#26 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:50 am

Absinth wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:27 am Im posting this here, because cant do it in RoR Discord or Github. Shouldnt be this complicate to report things... Anyway Marauder Pulls me through land AND Attacks me(See Wsct icons) while in air. I have MUCH more videos like this from last 2 years. Bring back Engi/Magus pulling people from Keep or Fort walls and Fix This Mara pull pls.

https://imgur.com/a/w1TTXrA
You have not broken LoS + It does not look like it put you through land, it gently lifted you to him. Looks more like pull caused by lag rather than by bug, afterall mara does not have the range check when the pull occurs and even if it has it does not include height. Seems like the issue you have is caused by the limited design this spell has rather than bug.
I have broken los + it pulls me thru ground. You can see my skills being red which means not in los but pull still goes through. Not lag, bug.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

lumpi33

Post#27 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:51 am

Garamore wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:45 am
lumpi33 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 am When playing destro you almost never getting pulled and when playing order there is pulling all the time.
When playing destro you get white lion pounced, rampage and id from slayer etc - these solo skill call outs are just getting dull.
I know your mara, everybody that recognizes your name does.

You are abusing that pull to a great extend. I've seen you pick out and kill order wb leaders just for fun. You have them marked, you select them first, you charge in with a all the hots on you and guard behind just to get in range then fall back and pull them for over 100ft into your blob and kill them.

Im not saying you are the only one abusing this broken skill but you are doing it to a great extend.

And then you come in here and try to defend it. Disgusting!

Absinth

Post#28 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:20 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:50 am
Absinth wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:27 am Im posting this here, because cant do it in RoR Discord or Github. Shouldnt be this complicate to report things... Anyway Marauder Pulls me through land AND Attacks me(See Wsct icons) while in air. I have MUCH more videos like this from last 2 years. Bring back Engi/Magus pulling people from Keep or Fort walls and Fix This Mara pull pls.

https://imgur.com/a/w1TTXrA
You have not broken LoS + It does not look like it put you through land, it gently lifted you to him. Looks more like pull caused by lag rather than by bug, afterall mara does not have the range check when the pull occurs and even if it has it does not include height. Seems like the issue you have is caused by the limited design this spell has rather than bug.
I have broken los + it pulls me thru ground. You can see my skills being red which means not in los but pull still goes through. Not lag, bug.
Okay let me explain more thoroughly because it seems like you did not understand what I meant.
One of you two had a moment of higher lag (presumably you or maybe server had a worse time) that caused for mara to have Line Of Sight for a little longer than he should and that made it unable for the Line of Sight check to cancel the pull because time requirement has not been met.
Stuff like that happens all the time with the AM/Shaman laser soo I dont see why it should not happen with mara pull.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
Fenris78

Post#29 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:09 pm

It's an issue wich should not occurs at all, the discrepancy between channeled abilities and "casted" ones :
For example, with a targeted channeled ability (Am/Sham Laser, SW/SH Rapid fire, Sorc/BW hand of ruin etc.) wich will deal ticks of damage every X second, there is a "lag grace period" allowing to hit even when LoS is broken, for like half a second or so.
Then you can go behind an obstacle like a tree, but if you hide less than X second, the channel is not instantly interrupted.

While in the other hand, when you start casting a "non-instant one-hit" ability (SW Spiral-fetched arrow, Eagle Eye/Plink, etc for example), you dont benefit from the "grace period" at all, wich means breaking LoS even for a millisecond is enough to totally interrupt the cast.

I think if the game system was coherent, it appears that Mara's Pull is from the second category, therefore it should behave exactly like all other casted one-hit skills, not like a channeled one, and interrupt the cast as soon LoS is broken, without any "lag grace period".

I guess it would require to check LoS like any other similar skill, every X millisecond, and break as soon you got out of LoS, wich also would make sense, "realistically" speaking of a mutated tentacle trying to grab people.

Garamore

Post#30 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:23 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:51 am
Garamore wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:45 am
I know your mara, everybody that recognizes your name does.

You are abusing that pull to a great extend. I've seen you pick out and kill order wb leaders just for fun. You have them marked, you select them first, you charge in with a all the hots on you and guard behind just to get in range then fall back and pull them for over 100ft into your blob and kill them.

Im not saying you are the only one abusing this broken skill but you are doing it to a great extend.

And then you come in here and try to defend it. Disgusting!
Why wouldnt i suse my class skills to kill the enemy. THis is what semi reasonable gameplay looks like. You can swap mara pull for wl pounce any day of the week and all of destro would take it.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore