Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario surrender change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Martok

Re: Scenario surrender change

Post#31 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:15 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:38 pmAnd ranked turned out well didn't it lol... :lol:

Ranked didn't fold because of any mechanic issue. It died out because the environment was so toxic.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#32 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 pm

Martok wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:15 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:38 pmAnd ranked turned out well didn't it lol... :lol:

Ranked didn't fold because of any mechanic issue. It died out because the environment was so toxic.
Ranked proved that people don't want fair fights, they want to farm pugs for easy wins.

The people who want to get rid of surrender are the ones who want to force pugs to line up and be farmed all day with no chance of success.
Alea iacta est

Ninjagon

Post#33 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:22 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:38 am Simplest solution would be to give the quitter debuff to anyone that votes yes. Problem solved. :D
Quitter for 4 minutes for those who surrender.
Normal 10 min quitter for those who leave.
Sounds OK to me.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ninjagon

Post#34 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 pm Ranked proved that people don't want fair fights, they want to farm pugs for easy wins.

The people who want to get rid of surrender are the ones who want to force pugs to line up and be farmed all day with no chance of success.
Yup.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Manatikik

Post#35 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:27 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 pm

Ranked proved that people don't want fair fights, they want to farm pugs for easy wins.

Ranked died because you knew who was gonna win every time based on the matchup due to players. If you were up against legit people and you were teamed with a defensive spec’d engi and two SnB knights and a r45 AM then it was obviously a waste of time. If RoR had a bigger player base or people had actually progressed in skill/knowledge at all over the 15 years warhammer has been out then it would be a different story.
<Montague><Capulet>

Detangler

Post#36 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 am

Ninjagon wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:22 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:38 am Simplest solution would be to give the quitter debuff to anyone that votes yes. Problem solved. :D
Sounds OK to me.
As long as it only applies to those that vote yes, I'm on board. A lot of fights are salvageable if only people didn't quit after the first engagement or played the objective and left the opposition to run around chasing after them or chasing kills at the warcamp.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#37 » Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 am

Skullgrin wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:03 pm
Everdin wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:58 am
Then surrender would be obsolet because you could Just leave

Which is the way it should be! Surrender was a system put in place to solve a nonexistent problem and should be scrapped altogether. If you don't like the way a scenario is going then by all means, get out. But it doesn't give you the right to force me to leave as well...
ok then everyone can leave and you can pve a scenario, everyone is happy :D

this tbh, quoted for the truth. sc players hate this truth more than anything :D

P.S.
Ranked died because you knew who was gonna win every time based on the matchup due to players. If you were up against legit people and you were teamed with a defensive spec’d engi and two SnB knights and a r45 AM then it was obviously a waste of time. If RoR had a bigger player base or people had actually progressed in skill/knowledge at all over the 15 years warhammer has been out then it would be a different story.
wtf there were people trying ranked with engie?? and with rr45 AM? wtf how can you even be such low rr on r40 when every profesional scenario player is minimumally rr 65 when hit r40? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#38 » Tue May 23, 2023 7:59 am

i'll give the solution for your pain: play as premade. Next thread...

Ads
Everdin

Post#39 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 am
Ninjagon wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:22 pm
Sounds OK to me.
As long as it only applies to those that vote yes, I'm on board. A lot of fights are salvageable if only people didn't quit after the first engagement or played the objective and left the opposition to run around chasing after them or chasing kills at the warcamp.
Yup, don't punish people that don't want a premature surrender.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Valfaros

Post#40 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:12 pm

Belanoite wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:59 am i'll give the solution for your pain: play as premade. Next thread...
What a terrible take. First of all you basically want to force people to play a certain way or leave/get farmed which is just bad game design. Any game that does this just dies off because most players don't like to be limited. Worse even if people would follow this trash advice you basically get ranked within regular scs. Really popular is it? All premades playing their own mode, right? Right?

Exactly this. Their specially desinged gamemode even with highly improved rewards was so boring that nobody cared. What do the premades do instead? Farm pugs all day long, usually call it a day if a better premade logs in. This game is the biggest snoozefest ever for structured pvp. It's boring to watch and play. When equally matched almost nothing happens ever and when at a slight disadvantage you get obliterated. You could just as easy watch paint dry.

They are further the same people loving the barriers, removal of guards and rr when killed by guards that are still around in some scs. It happens often enough that premades have tanks that jump in to kick people out of guarded spawns cause they have nothing to loose and more rr to gain. Just the worst changes ever regarding scs. The gamemode changed from being my main gamemode on live to yeah not playing that.

I don't know who came up with implementing barriers like this but it's just bad. You loose the fight initially and are forced to regroup. Nope, better get famred cause there is no way to retreat. You want to go back into action after they farmed you all. Yeah I don't think so. The already winning team is right in front of the barrier so kiting is not a real option and half your team has given up anyways.
You could exit alone on the other side but to gain what exactly? Being farmed after cause you left that side alone or at best with less numbers. If you all move to the other exit they can just follow you. Like the enemy sees your movements too. Why would you even allow them to look through the barrier. It is just bad all around. I don't know why you wouldn't instead give the losing team an advantage to have a fighting chance. Instead you get crippled further.

You know what scs are really fun? When both sides have 0 or few healers and no tanks. Suddently the game is actually fun as on both sides you have people dying constantly. Sure with premades on one side you'd have one side crushing the other but they would still die too and not be this invulnerable wrecking ball that is not worth to even try to fight. I'd love to have event scs that consist of only dps and this is comming from a dps heal main. I'd happily try that out, I think it would be super fun and you'd have not much reason to surrender ever as you can gain plenty of rr. Tbh % based dmg stacking reductions and strong healing is way too powerful in this game which is causing this huge rift between structered groups and pugs.