Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion for Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards - Promoting Faction Loyalty

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Phantasm

Suggestion for Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards - Promoting Faction Loyalty

Post#1 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:00 am

Hey there, RoR Developers!

Firstly, I want to acknowledge that English isn't my strongest language. To avoid any misunderstandings and to ensure that my suggestion is fully explained, I'm seeking the help of ChatGPT ( :lol: ). So, please bear with me as I present my idea for a Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards system in RoR (AKA another Weekly tracker same as RvR one, Weekend Warfront scenarios and Weekly Dungeons)

The aim of this suggestion is to address the ongoing issue of players frequently switching factions to seek easy victories while avoiding losses. I believe that by encouraging players to stick with their chosen faction for longer periods, we can create a more balanced and engaging gameplay experience for everyone involved.

How the System Could Work:
  • Contributions in RvR zones are already tracked for each zone until it is locked. To implement the Weekly Realm Rewards system, we would need to collect these contributions for a whole week, considering all zones in which a player's characters have participated.
  • At the end of the week, players would be eligible for Weekly Realm Rewards based on their contribution tiers:
    • 50 Warcrests for the first tier,
    • 150 Warcrests for the second tier, and
    • 300 Warcrests for the third and highest tier.
  • These rewards would be account-bound and can be used to gear up currently focused character, without forcing to stick to single class and allowing more flexible filling other Archetype Role that is currently needed in guild group or warband and allowing players to see the tangible benefits of their dedication in RvR gameplay.
  • In order to discourage frequent faction swapping, it is suggested that if a player decides to swap factions during the same week, their contribution for the new faction would become a negative number until the end of the week. Example:
    • A player joined Order guild Warband on monday and gained lets say 1000 contribution for Order Faction and is close to 1st reward, but
    • on wednesday morning he logs and see that Destro is pushing fort and wants join them for action
    • hes contribution become negative 1000 for Destro faction and become harder to get loyalty reward for that faction in that week,
    • hes Order loyalty is intact.
    This penalty would discourage players from constantly switching factions for easy rewards, ensuring a more balanced and competitive gameplay environment.
In addition to RvR zones, it could be worth considering scenarios and maybe dungeons as part of the Weekly Realm Rewards system. By including contributions from scenariosand dungeons, we can encourage a diverse range of gameplay activities and further incentivize player participation.

* It is important to note that players who decide to swap factions would not lose anything they have already gained by actively participating in RvR. This system is designed to address the issue of free faction swapping, where players join the faction that currently dominates the RvR at a particular time of day to avoid fights and obtain easy rewards.

While there are a few aspects to consider, such as striking the right balance in terms of reward quantities and incorporating contributions from dungeons and scenarios, I believe that implementing a Weekly Realm Rewards system could greatly benefit RoR and its player community. It would promote faction loyalty, discourage frequent faction swapping, and foster a more balanced and exciting RvR experience.

Thank you for your time and dedication to creating an amazing gaming experience. I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing your feedback and potentially witnessing the Weekly Realm Rewards system in action.

Ads
Voldt

Re: Suggestion for Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards - Promoting Faction Loyalty

Post#2 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:08 am

Love the idea! Sounds like a fair solution to me.

Pure760

Post#3 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:14 am

Phantasm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:00 am Hey there, RoR Developers!

Firstly, I want to acknowledge that English isn't my strongest language. To avoid any misunderstandings and to ensure that my suggestion is fully explained, I'm seeking the help of ChatGPT ( :lol: ). So, please bear with me as I present my idea for a Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards system in RoR (AKA another Weekly tracker same as RvR one, Weekend Warfront scenarios and Weekly Dungeons)

The aim of this suggestion is to address the ongoing issue of players frequently switching factions to seek easy victories while avoiding losses. I believe that by encouraging players to stick with their chosen faction for longer periods, we can create a more balanced and engaging gameplay experience for everyone involved.

How the System Could Work:
  • Contributions in RvR zones are already tracked for each zone until it is locked. To implement the Weekly Realm Rewards system, we would need to collect these contributions for a whole week, considering all zones in which a player's characters have participated.
  • At the end of the week, players would be eligible for Weekly Realm Rewards based on their contribution tiers:
    • 50 Warcrests for the first tier,
    • 150 Warcrests for the second tier, and
    • 300 Warcrests for the third and highest tier.
  • These rewards would be account-bound and can be used to gear up currently focused character, without forcing to stick to single class and allowing more flexible filling other Archetype Role that is currently needed in guild group or warband and allowing players to see the tangible benefits of their dedication in RvR gameplay.
  • In order to discourage frequent faction swapping, it is suggested that if a player decides to swap factions during the same week, their contribution for the new faction would become a negative number until the end of the week. Example:
    • A player joined Order guild Warband on monday and gained lets say 1000 contribution for Order Faction and is close to 1st reward, but
    • on wednesday morning he logs and see that Destro is pushing fort and wants join them for action
    • hes contribution become negative 1000 for Destro faction and become harder to get loyalty reward for that faction in that week,
    • hes Order loyalty is intact.
    This penalty would discourage players from constantly switching factions for easy rewards, ensuring a more balanced and competitive gameplay environment.
In addition to RvR zones, it could be worth considering scenarios and maybe dungeons as part of the Weekly Realm Rewards system. By including contributions from scenariosand dungeons, we can encourage a diverse range of gameplay activities and further incentivize player participation.

* It is important to note that players who decide to swap factions would not lose anything they have already gained by actively participating in RvR. This system is designed to address the issue of free faction swapping, where players join the faction that currently dominates the RvR at a particular time of day to avoid fights and obtain easy rewards.

While there are a few aspects to consider, such as striking the right balance in terms of reward quantities and incorporating contributions from dungeons and scenarios, I believe that implementing a Weekly Realm Rewards system could greatly benefit RoR and its player community. It would promote faction loyalty, discourage frequent faction swapping, and foster a more balanced and exciting RvR experience.

Thank you for your time and dedication to creating an amazing gaming experience. I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing your feedback and potentially witnessing the Weekly Realm Rewards system in action.
Could take contribution and complication out of it completely and just say if you don't xrealm for a week you get a bonus of 250 warcrests that you can claim on any 1 char of that side. If you xrealm at any point during the rvr week or whatever, you just don't get the loyalty bonus.

Toshutkidup

Post#4 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:20 am

How would it handle faction loyalty if ur swapping factions to underpopulated side?
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

inoeth
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:26 am

i wonder if that would actually change anything, heavily doubt it lol

Phantasm

Post#6 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:33 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:20 am How would it handle faction loyalty if ur swapping factions to underpopulated side?

Well, those who xrealm to underdog faction know exaclty why they do it and have a resources to utilise AAO - balanced parties, members playing already at decent level etc. For those nothing would change.

inoeth wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:26 am i wonder if that would actually change anything, heavily doubt it lol

If we change nothing we will end up in one faction playing order in the morning and destro at EU time. We kinda have it right now.

Gegga

Post#7 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:50 am

this thread gave me a headache.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:59 am

are we playing on the same server?

Ads
Jagosa

Post#9 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:19 pm

Interesting solution to a non-issue that doesn't realistically affect anything.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:26 pm

Phantasm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:33 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:20 am How would it handle faction loyalty if ur swapping factions to underpopulated side?

Well, those who xrealm to underdog faction know exaclty why they do it and have a resources to utilise AAO - balanced parties, members playing already at decent level etc. For those nothing would change.
Yes it would. The AAO chasers would have negative influence on the opposite faction and my guess is they'd have to work against the influence they'd earned on one side. That's a terrible system. Influence should be faction locked. Everything else I'm fine with.

This won't achieve what the OP wants imo. The purpose of this is to deincentivise xrealming. But we need xrealming for balanced fights. Now it's rare that it happens because people naturally take the path of least resistance. The only way for a low pop server to handle imbalance is to artificially weaken the more populated and skilled (based on lvl and MMR) side
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.