Recent Topics

Ads

Message on screen if enemy target is guarded

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mortgrimm

Message on screen if enemy target is guarded

Post#1 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:37 am

Moin

I followed a twitch stream yesterday and saw the announcement in the middle of the screen as he targeted someone who was guarded.
Don´t think i ever saw this before. Does someone know what addon this is?

Thanks in advance

Mort
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

Ads
Minisynn

Re: Message on screen if enemy target is guarded

Post#2 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:08 am

A screenshot would help, but they were probably using Aura for it

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/aura/
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Mortgrimm

Post#3 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:18 am

Minisynn wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:08 am A screenshot would help, but they were probably using Aura for it

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/aura/
I couldn´t make a screenshot cause i was at work ;)
There was the same question on twitch chat and the guy (playing a WE - forgot the name) probably said the name of the addon live on twitch.
But cause of no headset/speaker i still don´t know what it is.

It was like the message from Deathblow if u kill someone and with what ability. It pops up in the meddle of the screen.
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz

Cyrylius

Post#4 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:53 am

Aura does seem like the most obvious choice, it even has a text display option
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Mortgrimm

Post#5 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:00 am

Cyrylius wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:53 am Aura does seem like the most obvious choice, it even has a text display option
Thank you.
I will take a look at Aura then.

Cheers,
Mort
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 am

What???? Dev team removed Nerffed buttons and didn't remove this addon?

Not that you can't see on target bar the guard icon, but having an addon that shows automatically the guarded target increases the reaction time of the team against other, so I could say its cheating!

On NB was just about press buttons, and devs removed it because of it's superiority. They should remove this one too!

Aura the name? #banauraaddon

Absinth

Post#7 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:02 am

Belanoite wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 am What???? Dev team removed Nerffed buttons and didn't remove this addon?

Not that you can't see on target bar the guard icon, but having an addon that shows automatically the guarded target increases the reaction time of the team against other, so I could say its cheating!

On NB was just about press buttons, and devs removed it because of it's superiority. They should remove this one too!

okay and how would they ban aura?
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

CyunUnderis

Post#8 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:26 am

Belanoite wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 am What???? Dev team removed Nerffed buttons and didn't remove this addon?

You need to click on the target to see if he is guarded or not. And you can do the same with BuffHead and DAoCBuff. Unlike NB, these addons help in decision-making, and do not take the action for the user. But that's not the subject here. So keep your troll for yourself and move on.

Ads
Belanoite
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:17 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:26 am

You need to click on the target to see if he is guarded or not. And you can do the same with BuffHead and DAoCBuff. Unlike NB, these addons help in decision-making, and do not take the action for the user. But that's not the subject here. So keep your troll for yourself and move on.
Of course it's troll for a user of a cheat addon. Addons that give advantage like this one, NB and those who focus target should all be banned from the game.

Cyrylius

Post#10 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:53 pm

Addons that automate gameplay are not allowed. Addons that sort information player has access to and change its display are allowed, and regardless of your opinion that is what is written in the ToS and as such is not likely to change.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.