Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 23/08/2023

Post#1 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:52 am

Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Bane of Peace

The Dark Elf march through Dragonwake has not gone unchallenged. High Elves and their Order allies have rallied around key locations, determined to protect ancient ruins and dragon nesting sites.

This weekend Bane of Peace will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Dragon's Bane scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Completing all tasks rewards the title "Orderbane" for destruction characters or "Destructionbane" for order characters.

Content
Chapter 22:

- Destruction's run up to the Reikland Chapter 22 has had some QoL improvements. Some mobs are now further removed from the road, some mobs have been removed entirely, and the aggro range of the Bowman has been reduced. Solo players traveling the road will still hit a couple enemies, but should be able to flee past these and survive without requiring others to come help them.

Quests:

- Four new Elven Heraldry shields have been added and can be earned via quests. The new shields are:

- Silver Pavise of the Unicorn Gate

- Silver Pavise of the Griffon Gate

- Silver Aspis of the Tower of Despair

- Silver Aspis of The Blood of Naggaroth

Additionally, the first two Golden Heraldry Shields have been added via new Quests. These are:

- Golden Pavise of the Dragon Gate

- Golden Aspis of the Chill Wind of Naggaroth

Check the RoR Wiki for info on where to earn these Heraldry Shields.

New Bloodlord Weapon Conversion:

Players are now able to convert their existing Bloodlord Weapons into any other Bloodlord option by trading in the old Weapon and 100 gold.

This trade works like the existing Sentinel Soul trade for City Dungeons, so first trade in your Weapon for a Soul, then trade both the Soul Currency and 100 gold to select any other Bloodlord option for your class.

The new Vendors for Bloodlord Weapon conversion are found next to their Sentinel equivalents in Altdorf's War Quarters and The Inevitable City's Undercroft, and are:

- Order: Shady Lady Lara (Bloodlord Souls)

- Order: Bloodlord Betty (Weapons)

-Destruction: Blurmp (Bloodlord Souls)

- Destruction: Bloodlord Bloomp (Weapons)

If you get an error when trading in your Bloodord Weapon for a Soul, scroll further down the list and look for another trade-in option of the same name. (Some items are named the same but have unique ID's, so just scroll down to find the same name and it should work.)

City Dungeon Weapon Conversion:

Previously, Sentinel Weapon trade-in vendors displayed all Weapons for both Order and Destruction, regardless of your faction, which made the lists quite large.

We've split these into two different vendors now to make this much easier to navigate. Order players will now only see Order options, and Destruction players will only see Destruction options.

World-building:

- Dark Elf PQ's in Shadowlands now include more defenders wearing Nagarythe shields.

- Dark Elf PQ's in Ellyrion now include more defenders wearing Ellyrion shields.

- Dark Elf PQ's in Avelorn now include more defenders wearing shields of Isha.

- More NPC's in Saphery now wear the newly added Shield of Saphery.

NPCs:

- The Practice Targets at the Dark Elf PQ "White Tower of Hoeth" in Saphery have been nerfed, and should no longer kill the Swordmasters training on them before then soloing nearby Sun Dragons.

User Interface
Addons

- Commands to the server can now use the ] prefix instead of a .

- Commands to the server with a . prefix will be deprecated and eventually removed so addon developers should update their addons. We will communicate a timeline closer to the time.

Bug Fixes

- All new High Elf and Dark Elf Heraldry Shield quests have been updated to properly stamp the return point on a player's map once complete.

Ads
Zizzelfizz

Re: Patch Notes 23/08/2023

Post#2 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:46 pm

Thank you for all the great work!

dkill

Post#3 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:26 pm

Bloodlord Weapons could have better skins and more elaborate status.

Alubert

Post#4 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:55 pm

Thank you!
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Scottx125

Post#5 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:57 pm

dkill wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:26 pm Bloodlord Weapons could have better skins and more elaborate status.
Lol.. They're already BIS for many classes. I think their status is elaborate enough. Plus you can change their skins at will..
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

normanis

Post#6 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:20 pm

well i would create for chosens claws - Warmaster's Talon ;-)
i am happy with elf shields, some high elf shields look good some not, because have no idea what is written there. and still no black heart shield. byt its more lore
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

bettargh

Post#7 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:04 pm

I don't want to look ungrateful, but what's the point of these new vendors? There are 2 different types of weapons/shields you can get from BS and both of them are attainable as the 1st & second reward. Am I missing something?

Rubius
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:38 pm

bettargh wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:04 pm I don't want to look ungrateful, but what's the point of these new vendors? There are 2 different types of weapons/shields you can get from BS and both of them are attainable as the 1st & second reward. Am I missing something?
No problem, and yes, you are missing a few possibilities:

- Not all classes have only two options. As an example, Warrior Priests and Disciples of Khaine utilize 3 weapon types, so if these players pick a Book+Hammer or Chalice+Sword as Influence weapons, they were never able to get the shield previously. Now they can swap over.

- Some DPS classes may have various damage/speed options on their weapons, and may have picked an option they end up wanting to change later. Now they can.

It's largely Quality-of-life options so players can convert to another item if their build makes use of it.

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Rubius wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:38 pm
bettargh wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:04 pm I don't want to look ungrateful, but what's the point of these new vendors? There are 2 different types of weapons/shields you can get from BS and both of them are attainable as the 1st & second reward. Am I missing something?
No problem, and yes, you are missing a few possibilities:

- Not all classes have only two options. As an example, Warrior Priests and Disciples of Khaine utilize 3 weapon types, so if these players pick a Book+Hammer or Chalice+Sword as Influence weapons, they were never able to get the shield previously. Now they can swap over.

- Some DPS classes may have various damage/speed options on their weapons, and may have picked an option they end up wanting to change later. Now they can.

It's largely Quality-of-life options so players can convert to another item if their build makes use of it.
Also, I'm guessing I can free up bank space by converting my unused bloodlord weapon(s) into currency which sits in a different tab.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Rubius
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:24 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:06 pm Also, I'm guessing I can free up bank space by converting my unused bloodlord weapon(s) into currency which sits in a different tab.
Yes, that's also possible :)