Ads

Patch Notes 12/9/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 12/9/2023

Post#1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:28 pm

(Just a small patch today as more prep goes into the Ability System and upcoming events!)

Highlights
New Ring Vendors

Twilight's Tide rings can now be traded and sold. We've added new temporary vendors for Annulus and Signet rings in both Altdorf and The Inevitable City, where you can exchange an existing bound Twilight's Tide ring for a tradable BoE ring.

These vendors are located next to where the event vendors were, in South Altdorf and Southwest I.C.

For players who wish to sell their rings to others, please note that you can only use this vendor once.

After the exchange, if you re-equip that ring, it will remain bound and cannot be traded back.

Quests:

Eight new Golden Heraldry shields have been added, four per faction, for both Swordmasters and Black Guards, and can be earned via quests. (To earn the Golden version of a shield, you must first earn the Silver variant, and then achieve a specific Renown Rank to unlock the next Quest.)

The new High Elf Golden shields are:

• Golden Pavise of Nagarythe
  • Golden Pavise of the Phoenix Gate
  • Golden Pavise of Isha
  • Golden Pavise of Saphery

And the new Dark Elf Gold shields are:

• Gold Aspis of Karond Kar
  • Gold Aspis of Har Ganeth
  • Gold Aspis of The Cytharai
  • Gold Aspis of Ghrond

Check out the RoR Wiki for more information on where to begin these quests and the tasks required to earn the shields.

Ads
lumpi33

Re: Patch Notes 12/9/2023

Post#2 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 am

oh man, we are in "balance patch is coming" mode again. The mode we are in since how long? 4 years?

I don't want to be rude but when you hype up people then you got to deliver.

Why don't you just start with test server weekends? Set up a test server with the current state for a few days and let people help you test and give feedback. It might take a bit longer for the final release then but people would see the progress, help you test and the rollout would be with less issues.

All it needs is a zone with realistic test dummies. Just spawn test dummies with player like stats and gears to test the abilities and damage. You could create clones of real players for testing.

Again, appreciate the hard work but give us a date or something to help you progress.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:18 am

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 am oh man, we are in "balance patch is coming" mode again. The mode we are in since how long? 4 years?

Why don't you just start with test server weekends? Set up a test server with the current state for a few days and let people help you test and give feedback. It might take a bit longer for the final release then but people would see the progress, help you test and the rollout would be with less issues.

All it needs is a zone with realistic test dummies. Just spawn test dummies with player like stats and gears to test the abilities and damage. You could create clones of real players for testing.

Again, appreciate the hard work but give us a date or something to help you progress.
Why would they give us a date? Why add additional pressure on people who develop the game in their spare time?
It's not like shareholders sit at their back and loans have to be paid on a purchasable product.
Dying is no option.

Amakusa

Post#4 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:26 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:18 am
lumpi33 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 am oh man, we are in "balance patch is coming" mode again. The mode we are in since how long? 4 years?

Why would they give us a date? Why add additional pressure on people who develop the game in their spare time?
It's not like shareholders sit at their back and loans have to be paid on a purchasable product.
100% This!
Wait for it or take a break.

Cancel your Sub so you dont have to pay for the Game... -.-
Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

ravezaar

Post#5 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Bin 16h and still a broken Dwarf pairing
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:07 pm

Hopefully the ability patch can be done quickly.

The game desperately needs a balance patch. Things were not left in a good place years ago.

The campaign also needs its end game back to stop this PvDoor madness.

My 2cents is that I don't care about events, I just want the core mechanics of the ORvR campaign to be good/have contested forts/cities again.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Paxsanarion

Post#7 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:22 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:07 pm Hopefully the ability patch can be done quickly.

The game desperately needs a balance patch. Things were not left in a good place years ago.

The campaign also needs its end game back to stop this PvDoor madness.

My 2cents is that I don't care about events, I just want the core mechanics of the ORvR campaign to be good/have contested forts/cities again.
This

RVR needs to have a purpose again, right now it just feels like it has no meaning.

Bignusty

Post#8 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:58 pm

Bro is patch is so mehhhhhhhhhhhh... 0 improvement ( F ), a ring vendor to exchange event ring... Those rings should be decayed whit the event it making unfair balance against people who can not took part on this event ( F ) and new style of shield wow ( F ). Not even 1 W on this patch!

At this point this abilitie patch will be release on 2024 is you take so much time to work on this stylee of patch.

Ads
githappens

Post#9 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:00 pm

Bignusty wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:58 pm Bro is patch is so mehhhhhhhhhhhh... 0 improvement ( F ), a ring vendor to exchange event ring... Those rings should be decayed whit the event it making unfair balance against people who can not took part on this event ( F ) and new style of shield wow ( F ). Not even 1 W on this patch!

At this point this abilitie patch will be release on 2024 is you take so much time to work on this stylee of patch.
I don't think people working on stuff like event rings or shield skins are the same as those who work on balance patch.

oaliaen

Post#10 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:53 pm

release in 24 is being very optimistic