Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 20/10/2023

Post#1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:35 am

Highlights

Live Event: Daemon Moon Decaying

Click here to watch on YouTube

Every year, as the fog covers the land and the autumn nights herald the chill of winter, the Daemon Moon rises. For scholars, the Daemon Moon is a dangerous time of year when the threat of a daemonic incursion is greatest. For the common-folk it is a time of revelry and chaos, all in the spirit of the times. Needless to say, the scholars are right to fear what is to come, for during the time of the Daemon Moon, daemonic forces are unleashed upon the mortal realm to play with the lives of the living as they please. This year scholars have noted a disturbing greenish-brown tinge on the Daemon Moon, an ill omen of Nurgle's power. Nurgle has indeed hefted his mighty girth to the forefront, shoving his thinner brothers aside. Once again, the Daemon Moon does not rise, it decays.

The Daemon Moon Decaying Live Event
will start on October 20th at 12:00 Altdorf time and last until November 1st 12:00 Altdorf time.

New Heralds
This year, a new Herald has arrived specific to this live event, and can be found next to the Suspicious Peddling Merchant both Altdorf and the inevitable City. Visit them to claim your rewards as you complete the event.

Rewards
  • Basic reward: Leper's Bell, or Leper's Handbell - two new trophies to let everyone know that you are unclean. Preview here
  • Advanced reward: Rusted Lamellar Cloak for Order; Plaguebearer-Flesh Wrap for Destruction
  • Elite reward: Enslaved Manticore, or Decaying Manticore Disc mount (decay timers based on renown bracket)
  • Completing the Event Quest 'Imp Games - The Riddle' - Heart of Decay - show the world you've given into the Plague Lord's embrace
  • Daemon Moon Masks: There are a total of ten Daemon Moon masks, they can be acquired through a variety of ways (3 via quest, 1 via PQ, 2 via random 'box' roll, and 4 from player drops) Preview here Masks decay into permanent versions without their buffs

The Sacellum Arena
The Sacellum Arena returns as a Weekend Warfront during this live event. In this scenario, you and your allies have been pulled into the belly of the Inevitable City by Tzeentch's will. During the scenario three relics will spawn by three statues on the outer edge of the Arena (initially one relic will spawn, and over time more will appear.) Your team's objective is to pick up the relic and bring it to the center of the Arena, standing on the metal grate over molten metal for five seconds so Tzeentch can accept your offering. The carrier of the relic will have a granted ability (like a Zealot/Rune Priest buff) to toss the relic for some strategic play.

Gather the relics, drop them into the Pit of Change, and have a blast.

The Living Snot ORvR PQ
The age-old foe of the mortal realms and mythical blokes, the Living Snot, has emerged from the Chaos Realm this Daemon Moon. Join your realm in battling the Living Snot in the Chaos Wastes, while you hold back the opposing realm. This PQ will include a handful of rewards exclusive to the PQ, such as the Joyous Visage mask.

This year, the Living Snot has also had its spawn moved and its movements updated, so it will remain in the center of the map and avoid walking towards either faction's Warcamp.

Daemon Moon Quests
Three special quests are again available during this live event. The first of these quests; 'Imp Games', is a timed race to find hidden tricks across the cities, this quest is repeatable. A follow-up quest 'Imp Games - The Riddle' can be purchased from the merchant, started by buying the item 'Imp Curio'. Lastly is a short quest called 'Ill Omens', which is broken up into four brackets based on your character level (1-10,11-20,21-30,31-40). Previous quests from Daemon Moon Rising are still available from the Coldheart Witch Hunter in Altdorf, or the Slaughterheart Magus in the Inevitable City.

Pan de Monium
What are Daemon Moon celebrations without a bit of Pan de Monium? This Estalian bread is specially baked during the Daemon Moon, with bakers leaving small gifts, or tricks, for their unwitting customers. Pan de Monium can be acquired either by completing the Imp Games quest, or purchasing it from the Suspicious Masked Peddler. Pan de Monium contains over two dozen possible rewards, ranging from potions and talismans, to dyes and masks, or perhaps even a precious aegis for the lucky few. What does Pan de Monium have in store for you?

Dyes
Twenty-eight Limited Time event dyes, all themed around the Chaos Gods, have returned this year. As the Daemon Moon Decaying is Nurgle-themed, Nurgle themed dyes sell for gold, while dyes associated with other gods require a small additional sacrifice. These dyes are available only during this live event, and can be sold or traded to others afterward, so be sure to stock up!

Dye previews are available here, but please be aware that the colors may apply differently on different base armor colors. We recommend to use an addon such as Pocket Palette to see how this dye will look on your armor.

Live Event Shoppe
A Suspicious Masked Peddler has set up shop in the Altdorf Slums, and secluded room near the Apex of the Inevitable City. This vendor will gladly accept your gold and daemon fingers while the Daemon Moon is up, but please be aware that once the Daemon Moon fully decays, he too will fade from your life. Here players can buy new unique dyes, the Imp Curio to start a quest, or a bit of Pan de Monium. Players can also exchange their faction's cape for the opposing faction's default version, for a price. (Nothing is for free; it may cost you a finger or two - such is the price Father Nurgle demands.)

New this year, the Suspicious Peddler will also accept "Crystallized Malevolence", which can be found in higher-ranked PQ bags from The Living Snot, and will trade you a powerful 7-day Event Item, the Magnus Daemonarium, in return.

Weekend Warfront: Call of the Arena

One moment you and your allies were locked in a deadly struggle with your enemies in the Old World or fair isle of Ulthuan. The next moment you found yourself pulled into the Realm of Chaos and looking upon the blood-brick walls of the Sacellum of the Inevitable City. The Weaver of All Fates has challenged you to survive in his arena.

This weekend warfront Call of the Arena will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Sacellum Arena scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Realm versus Realm
Scenarios

- Order's Warcamp in the Nordenwatch Scenario has recruited a few additional Guards.

Contents
Quests

Three new Gold Elven Heraldry shield Quests have been added for each faction. The newly accessible gold shields are:

Order:
  • Gold Pavise of Eataine (Swordmaster)
  • Gold Pavise of the Griffon Gate (Swordmaster)
  • Gold Pavise of Chrace (Swordmaster)
Destruction:
  • Golden Aspis of Clar Karond (Black Guard)
  • Golden Aspis of The Blood of Naggaroth (Black Guard)
  • Golden Aspis of The Lord of Murder (Black Guard)

You can find all details on where to earn the shields here on the RoR Wiki.

Crafting Vendors

- Cleaned up Portalstones appearing as items within Crafting vendors. These items cannot be used but were still purchasable, leading to confusion for players.

- Cleaned up Compound Apothecary items within Crafting vendors. These items also could not be used but were purchasable within Guild vendors, leading to confusion.

These items might return someday if their function is restored and works properly, but for now, we've disabled them until such a day arrives.

Social
Friends/Ignore

- You can no longer send messages to people on your own ignore list.

Happy Halloween from all of us on the RoR Team!

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Patch Notes 20/10/2023

Post#2 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm

woowooooo
-= Agony =-

Qojak

Post#3 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:50 pm

Happy Halloween! Thanks for the extras :)

stingus

Post#4 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:01 pm

ill omen quest completed but didn't trigger in the event
the bag of killing 10 people was empty and the log didn't trigger when right clicked.

I opened a ticket but I post here in case someone has the same.
Stingus - KOTBS - CNTK
Donlurio - WP - CNTK

Fenris78

Post#5 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:20 am

THanks for the event !

I still dont get how to find Daemon Fingers saving mass buying Pan de Monium from Merchant...

Loans

Post#6 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:28 am

stingus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:01 pm ill omen quest completed but didn't trigger in the event
the bag of killing 10 people was empty and the log didn't trigger when right clicked.

Same here the task isn't completed

stingus

Post#7 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:35 pm

Loans wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:28 am
stingus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:01 pm ill omen quest completed but didn't trigger in the event

It fixed redoing it from scratch.
Stingus - KOTBS - CNTK
Donlurio - WP - CNTK

Loans

Post#8 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:12 pm

stingus wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:35 pm

My problem is in "Kill the Ominous Plaguebeast", I killed it with the quest, I got the mask Face-Eater but the task on the event isn't completed, do I miss something?

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 am

I don't like the idea of the Enslaved Manticore being a reward for any events. I want to know with 100% certainty that I'm seeing someone riding around with the snitch mount :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

stingus

Post#10 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:26 am

Loans wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:12 pm
stingus wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:35 pm

My problem is in "Kill the Ominous Plaguebeast", I killed it with the quest, I got the mask Face-Eater but the task on the event isn't completed, do I miss something?
redo it tagging all the steps.
Stingus - KOTBS - CNTK
Donlurio - WP - CNTK