couple things I've noticed since I started 2 weeks ago

Let's talk about... everything else
Oldnight

couple things I've noticed since I started 2 weeks ago

Post#1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am

Ill preface this by saying I do enjoy the game.

however,

1. leveling to 40 is very arduous.
if it wasn't for the 2x exp I would never hit 40 for 6 to 8 mos.

no one is leveling, and the majority of my exp came from rvr during 2x exp.

I just hit 40 yesterday, and have tried to level a different class in between.

that class without 2x exp has only managed to get to 16.

2. the destruction faction is overwhelming here.
I'm not sure what was modified with order, but order classes seem to be outnumbered and lose roughly 70% of scenario fights.

choppas and mauraders seem to not accurately mirror us, and hence they are doing too much damage compared to order.

3.swordmaster can no longer debuff for his spirit damage, it looks like that changed to resistance buff instead of debuffi g the enemy.

4. whunters are limited to physical damage whereas witch elves can bypass armor because they have access to 100% corporeal damage.

I've been is many, many fights with witch elves who barely take any damage because they Regen it back so quickly.

they are akin to a black orc tank that does a lot more damage.

5. squid herders seem to be op as well vs sw.

6. black orcs need multiple people to take them down, and it seems like they have access to very high self sustain, to the point that they don't need a healer.

anyhow, I'm prob going to stick with the sm, even though the class doesn't play the same as it did in retail as I don't have it in me to make a half a level a day to level a different toon.

Ads
lemao

Re: couple things I've noticed since I started 2 weeks ago

Post#2 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:16 am

Yep, you definitely have a lot of knowledge after just playing 2 weeks !
Many of your statements are blatantly false aswell.

Not based at all.

Oldnight

Post#3 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:32 am

I did play lots in beta and at release.

just stating what I've seen so far

lupeh

Post#4 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:15 am

lol theres everyday ppl in t1 to 4
simply stating that you can only get r40 during x2 event is absolutly not true.
i have leveled a dozen Characters over the years and always found activity in all tiers

Nameless

Post#5 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:31 am

At other topic ppl were complaining that leveling is too fast and devs should bring back exp stop scrolls. So prolly you do something wrong to lvl slow.
Scen exp is huge and you could level quite good via scens.
About your enemies classes perceptions is neighbour greener grass syndrome.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

warlover

Post#6 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:37 am

Oldnight wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am Ill preface this by saying I do enjoy the game.

however,

1. leveling to 40 is very arduous.
if it wasn't for the 2x exp I would never hit 40 for 6 to 8 mos.

no one is leveling, and the majority of my exp came from rvr during 2x exp.

I just hit 40 yesterday, and have tried to level a different class in between.

that class without 2x exp has only managed to get to 16.

2. the destruction faction is overwhelming here.
I'm not sure what was modified with order, but order classes seem to be outnumbered and lose roughly 70% of scenario fights.

choppas and mauraders seem to not accurately mirror us, and hence they are doing too much damage compared to order.

3.swordmaster can no longer debuff for his spirit damage, it looks like that changed to resistance buff instead of debuffi g the enemy.

4. whunters are limited to physical damage whereas witch elves can bypass armor because they have access to 100% corporeal damage.

I've been is many, many fights with witch elves who barely take any damage because they Regen it back so quickly.

they are akin to a black orc tank that does a lot more damage.

5. squid herders seem to be op as well vs sw.

6. black orcs need multiple people to take them down, and it seems like they have access to very high self sustain, to the point that they don't need a healer.

anyhow, I'm prob going to stick with the sm, even though the class doesn't play the same as it did in retail as I don't have it in me to make a half a level a day to level a different toon.
imho just about everything said here is false :shock:

Akalukz

Post#7 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:48 pm

But, it isn't false from his perspective. Leveling is slow 1-16 if scenarios aren't popping and there is no RvR. Scenarios are 9/10 times one-sided victories. Population imbalances are very present at certain times of play. Regen is an issue.

Not false, just need to have perspective.
-= Agony =-

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:09 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:48 pm But, it isn't false from his perspective. Leveling is slow 1-16 if scenarios aren't popping and there is no RvR. Scenarios are 9/10 times one-sided victories. Population imbalances are very present at certain times of play. Regen is an issue.

Not false, just need to have perspective.
Nah, most of the class descriptions are objectively false albeit with limited experience and perspective it will be his/her own truth. Having played on live and during beta means nothing, when you forget almost everything and on top of it a lot things changed over the years.
Dying is no option.

Ads
francomes

Post#9 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:25 pm

So the other points depend on time/experience etc but i want to address the slow lvling 'issue'=

you shouldn't have any need to rush 40. There 's absolutely no reward for getting there, in fact, u will loose 40/50% of power till u get rr60 and content wise u only get access to more pve (that almost nobody likes) city's/lotd where most ppl won't want you bcs you will be too weak and SC t4 queues where u will get farmed by Sov players...so yeah don't rush to 40 and enjoy the gameplay

Florian90210

Post#10 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:18 pm

This game definetly needs more then 2 weeks to do such statements.