Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 22/11/2023

Post#1 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:56 pm

Highlights

Live Event: Goldtooth's Great Feast

Click here to watch on YouTube

Feastmasters, sharpen your blades for the fattened calves. The Overtyrant demands to celebrate the end of the raiding season with a massive feast. The Great Maw consumes all, and this Great Feast the ogres and their allies will strip the land bare! We shall eat our fill until our bellies burst. The bigger the belly, the warmer the winter!

Greasus Goldtooth, the Overtyrant of all the ogre kingdoms, has declared his annual Great Feast to mark the end of the raiding season in autumn. Any tribe with a resident halfling is sure to feast well! Assist the halflings in making stews to warm the bellies of the ogres, and if a pot lands in your bag, surely the ogres won’t notice...

Halfling chefs are a prized commodity in the ogre tribes, and many a halfling has quickly learned to become a chef if it meant saving their own skin when captured by an ogre tribe. The ogres of the Mountains of Mourn are known to consume massive quantities of meat, but few know how partial they are to halfling stews. They say you can throw anything into a pot and an ogre will consume it with great joy, but only the best recipes truly satisfy the Great Maw. The halfling chefs combine their own knowledge of Old World recipes with those they learned during their travels with mercenary ogre bands across the lands, and this Great Feast, they're ready to cook up their most famous stews.

Goldtooth's Great Feast will start on November 22nd at 12:00 Altdorf time and last until December 8th 12:00 Altdorf time.

Rewards
Goldtooth's Great Feast is Return of Reckoning's newest live event which will join our annual rotation of live events. Our artists have made a trophy, a new cloak, and magus disc. Our thanks to our artistic contributors for their continued dedication to RoR.

+Basic reward: Fowl Drumstick - a new trophy to munch on when Goldtooth's Great Feast is over Preview here OR five Halfling Rucksacks - live event items containing ingredients to cook stews.
+Advanced reward: Mawseeker's Cloak Preview here OR a Potion of Acclaim
+Elite reward: Rhinox of Mourn, or Corrupted Gut Plate Disc mount (decay timers based on renown bracket) Mount previews available here. Disc previews available here.
-Completing the Event Quest 'A Bone to Pick' - Lucky Wishbone an event slot item.

All Live Event Rewards are claimable at the Live Event Masters: the butchers Mogrub Bleedingfist for Order and Bolron Skinscrapper for Destruction. The live event areas are located in the Flight Deck of Karaz-a-Karak, and the Hall of Da Bestest in Karak Eight Peaks.

The Great Cook-Off
In addition to the new items that can be won through the in-game tasks, the Return of Reckoning team is happy to announce the return of our annual cooking contest, but this year with a savory twist! Those who submit entries which meet the rules will earn the Chef's Wooden Spoon and Chef's Rolling Pin trophies, and the Picnic Blanket cloak. The top three will receive the Halfling Chef's Hat Preview here. How do you enter the Great Cook-Off? Head to this forum post and join the festivities. There is still plenty of time to enter, as the final time for entry submissions will be around December 21st.

Goldtooth's Great Feast Stews, Halfling Rucksacks, and Marks of the Maw
It wouldn't be a proper ogre event if it wasn't about eating until your belly was about to burst! Who better to assist the ogres in this task than their loyal(?) halfling chefs! During Goldtooth's Great Feast these chefs have decided to be so kind as to help those who with lesser culinary skills to cook amazing stews (i.e. 1-hour liniments).

All you need to do is gather the ingredients, found in Halfling Rucksacks that drop from players. Each Halfling Rucksack drops 3 ingredients from a pool of 15 ingredients. Get the right combination of 3 ingredients, based on the halfling chefs' requirements, and head to their temporary camps at the Flight Deck of Karaz-a-Karak, or in The Hall of Da Bestest in Karak Eight Peaks to toss your ingredients into a cauldron. Buying a cauldron will start the cooking process, because cooking a quality stew takes time, which will say 'decaying in 10 minutes' because we cannot change the text at this time. After 10 minutes your stew will be ready for consumption!

However, you can get more for your products if you buy some barley (x2), potatoes (x3), or horse meat (x5) to thicken your stew! These items can be purchased from the associated halfling chef for Marks of the Maw, which drop from players. Please note, the vendor interface at the time of creating this event can only display 3 ingredients maximum, so if you want to buy the stacks of 2, 3, or 5 stews, you must have the multiplier purchased! We hope to fix this in the future, but for now we appreciate your understanding, and that you read underlined text.

This year we have added four new liniment combinations based on suggestions from last years winner of the Great Bake-Off. These include Willpower with heal crit, willpower with reduced chance to be critically hit, renown and wounds, and toughness and reduced action-point cost.

Dyes
It wouldn't be a new live event without some new themed dyes. We are happy to introduce 20 new dyes themed around the Ogre Kingdoms of the Mountains of Mourn. Please be aware that these dyes are only available for purchase during this Live Event.

Dye previews are available here towards the bottom, but please be aware that the colors may apply differently on different base armor colors. We recommend to use an addon such as Pocket Palette to see how this dye will look on your armor. We hope to continue to introduce new dyes based on inspiration from the source material in the Live Events to come.

Live Event Shoppe
The ogres have been invited, we think... maybe they forced their hosts' hospitality, to Karaz-a-Karak and Karak Eight Peaks. Four vendors sell stews for ingredients; one sells at a ratio of 3 ingredients to 1 stew, while the other three sell the same stews but with output multipliers so a single trio of ingredients combined with a multiplier can yield 2, 3, or 5 stews. Please check all four chefs and check what you want to spend your event resources on. Other vendors sell dyes, or allow you to trade in a Thankful Egg for a stack of ingredients. Where do you get a Thankful Egg from? Why from a Thankful Fowl of course.

Goldtooth's Great Feast Quests
A couple new quests have been added for Goldtooth's Great Feast. The "A Bone to Pick" quest will reward you with a live-event slot item focused on defensive stats, such as dodge, disrupt, parry, or block. The "What's on the Menu" timed quest is divided by player level (1-15, 16-29, 30-39, and 40) and race - theoretically a level 15 player can do all four quests if they get to level 40 before the event ends.

P.S. To enjoy the event to its fullest, show your npc chat bubbles (in user settings under chat)

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Patch Notes 22/11/2023

Post#2 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:56 pm

Are the dyes the same as last year's Feast? Love that you are mixing it up year to year.
-= Agony =-

ekalime
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:33 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:56 pm Are the dyes the same as last year's Feast? Love that you are mixing it up year to year.
Dyes are more 'ogre themed' this year, not like the Moot-theme last year. When Pie Week returns, those dyes will return (and with different pricing next time, I promise) I try to keep the event dyes tied to the race, but not every event will appear every year.

tlitschye

Post#4 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:11 pm

Any link to all the new available liniments?

Akalukz

Post#5 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:19 pm

ekalime wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:33 pm
Akalukz wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:56 pm Are the dyes the same as last year's Feast? Love that you are mixing it up year to year.
Dyes are more 'ogre themed' this year, not like the Moot-theme last year. When Pie Week returns, those dyes will return (and with different pricing next time, I promise) I try to keep the event dyes tied to the race, but not every event will appear every year.
Thanks for the response. I think the link may be wrong? EDIT NVM figured it out :)
-= Agony =-

fangour

Post#6 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:04 pm

can you pls stop adding sc's to these events hate doing them

Bavradai

Post#7 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:53 am

Yay! I love the food week event. Turns out some of the food from last year can be used. Gonna get to making lots of stew to last me the year and the dyes are great too.

lumpi33

Post#8 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:27 am

fangour wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:04 pm can you pls stop adding sc's to these events hate doing them
Agree. I've been skipping most live events because of this. The premade farming going on in there on weekends is just too painful for casuals like me. Trying to get like 10 wins is not worth the time or pain.

I'd change it to 3x SC participation max and kill tasks (SC or anywhere else).

For the love of all living gods allow discordant to queue for event SCs. I'm sick of playing the renown pinata for the farming premades. We all know how stupid the matchmaking is, throwing random players at premades, so, just add the event SC to discordant. Thanks.

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:51 am

PLease do not add the event sc to discordant. Please please please. I now play a lot on weekends doing the event sc and I do not have to wait through all the random discordant sc pops till hopefully once an hour or two hours the event scenario pops. Event scenarios should be available as they are now.
I would say that scenario kills should also count for the kill requirements of the week(s) long events though. A lot of people are turned off by the five to eight hour long slogs in one zone so do not rvr that much.

Omegus

Post#10 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:31 am

PocketPalette has been updated with the new dyes: https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/pocketpalette/
Zomega: RR8x Zealot