Recent Topics

Ads

Proposal: Discordant SC Weekly Event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
lemao

Re: Proposal: Discordant SC Weekly Event

Post#51 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:11 pm

TLDR : Solo players need to stop being lazy

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#52 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:25 pm

Caleb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:10 pm The issue most people have that I talked with has nothing to do with winning or losing. It is a matter of player perspective and potential to have fun.

Pugs vs Premade Team is not fun, nor is it fair- it is rigged from the start by multiple aspects, from communication, to composition to potential voice comms.

Pugs vs Pugs - whether you win or lose, if you surrender or you don't is fair and everyone starts with the same chances, with the players that are online on their factions side. It is the Luck of the Draw of Solo Queuing.

Making a group is an unrealistic proposal, as anyone who is even remotely active on the server knows - you CAN NOT form a Premade group whenever the hell you want in /5 and you will most likely solo queue unless you have guildies to help.

==========>

There are literal Guilds that exist on the server with the sole purpose to pug farm in scenarios and quit the moment they get a premade team against them - only to re-queue later.

There are comps that focus specifically to stomp pugs. I'm sure that must be fun to play against.

==========>

But all of that is besides the point and has nothing to do with this thread - it simply proposes to have a new Weekly Event for Discordant Scenarios to revive the queue for it and give people more incentives to play it - so solo players have a viable alternative to use apart from a dead queue.

Apart from that the whole server would get a new Weekly PvP Tome Event and everyone would benefit.
And here is a biggest issue - define pug, define premade. By my definitions RoR server has so very limited amount of groups to be called premades who play so rarely that what you say here is totally irrelevant in reality. Those guild groups you are talking about that are only there for "stomping pugs" very often are losing to skilled casual groups who are sometimes not even full 6 so what they actually stomping is more of bad MM issue then overhauling whole system. About making group, i know for sure that its very hard to form a proper 6men premade with fully commited people, with such statement i would fully agree with. Its not hard at all to grab 5 more people to finish warfront tasks, what you say in this regards is just false. With such ragtag group you will surely lose to proper premade of course, but a) there are no proper premades which sole purpose of existance is farming scenarios and stomping pugs b) you will still put up a fight and depending on group composition, player skill will most likely beat those guild groups who are stomping pugs in e.g. warfront and stop to q if anykind of meaningful opposition is there.
Also every point made about why there should be something more for solos in regards to SCs has been debunked numerous times by alot of people in the following threads:
viewtopic.php?t=50456
viewtopic.php?t=50317
viewtopic.php?t=50441
viewtopic.php?t=50480
Those 4 topics already cover every possible opinion, touch every part of possible discussions.
So quick tl;dr - your prosal is ill thought out, solves nothing nor anyhow resolve any issue. MM is on devs plans already, revive of discordant is not (so its fully on players, just as people revive rankeds anyone can coordinate and revive discordant), warfront is group mode and should stay as is, encouraging solo play over group play in this game is wrong path.

Lisutaris

Post#53 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Mhhh.... I would prefer solo/discordant tbh. At least for event scenarios for additional rewards/live event.
But that's just my opinion and most likely not agreed by many 8-)

Creating a 6man premade and stomping others is the easy mode, not the random solo que. ;) At least from my experience. And yes, I do enjoy that.
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Panzer80

Post#54 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:36 pm

Ashoris wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:01 pm
Panzer80 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:44 pm Healers really do ruin the fun of most SC's (unpopular opinion, maybe..). I hate to say it but it's true. Everyone loves to see lots of low hp bars, it's exciting.
Not exciting will be to realize that this means not low HP bars but more deftard/reggen builds will also dominate the SCs in that case :) you really havent thought this through.

But hey i guess all the reggen WE's will love it !
These "regen" cries are getting stale. Any class can take advantage of a defensive build. Also, conflating and abysmal 400 ish hp every 4 secs to multiple healer classes is disingenuous. 3 to 5 dps spec players can kill a defensive build player easy if they also abuse potions and game mechanics.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Panzer80

Post#55 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:39 pm

Lisutaris wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:32 pm Creating a 6man premade and stomping others is the easy mode, not the random solo que. ;) At least from my experience. And yes, I do enjoy that.
I'd agree. I also haven't completed an SC weekend event in 3 years :)
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Sulorie

Post#56 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:42 pm

Lisutaris wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Creating a 6man premade and stomping others is the easy mode, not the random solo que. ;) At least from my experience. And yes, I do enjoy that.
Then we shouldn't make it even easier for people.
Dying is no option.

Dackjanielz

Post#57 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 am

i agree removing duos from skirmish was a mistake, it was healthy and popping before that.

Scottx125

Post#58 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:52 am

lemao wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:11 pm TLDR : Solo players need to stop being lazy
Not really a fair or valid argument. What if you only have time for a quick 20 minute game? What if you're in a 6 man premade and you're constantly getting crushed by other premades? I think there definitely needs to be a stop-gap solution, though Idk if this is it. A new better matchmaker is the only solution to this problem in the long run.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#59 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:54 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 am i agree removing duos from skirmish was a mistake, it was healthy and popping before that.
The reason it was removed was because people were abusing it. Forming multiple 2 man groups and then popping up in the same SC to farm soloers.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Everdin

Post#60 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:33 am

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:54 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 am i agree removing duos from skirmish was a mistake, it was healthy and popping before that.
The reason it was removed was because people were abusing it. Forming multiple 2 man groups and then popping up in the same SC to farm soloers.
Surprise surprise, same thing people say now and was never true...
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs