Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant/Victorious Ring

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Zxul

Re: Triumphant/Victorious Ring

Post#11 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:25 am

dwyur wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:08 am Instead of lowering the replica price, get Ranked matches going again on some sort of City-like schedule where teams or solo players are aware that people will be queueing at x day & time.
Problem with that idea, not sure who still quotes for city- last time I was there for example was think 3-4 years ago.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
dwyur

Post#12 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 am

Zxul wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:25 am
dwyur wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:08 am Instead of lowering the replica price, get Ranked matches going again on some sort of City-like schedule where teams or solo players are aware that people will be queueing at x day & time.
Problem with that idea, not sure who still quotes for city- last time I was there for example was think 3-4 years ago.
That's because they removed royal crests as City's unique reward & reason to queue for it so not many queue anymore. If they added a unique item (better weekly event slot item like the Ranked one, for example) more people would queue. I have not done a city in a long time as well but certainly would if there was a better reward I could only get by doing it.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ashoris

Post#13 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:02 am

Talladego wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:15 pm Of course the price should be reduced to a sane level. Triumphant/Victorious is no longer Ranked-exclusive so absolutely no point leaving it as it is. Grinding for that ring is nothing but boredom, time that could be spent gearing another toon. I understand that ppl who already spent 10k don't want other ppl to get it for cheap but they could be refunded to a toon of their choice or something. Alternatively make the Invader ring slot 3 bound instead.
Why should the price be reduced ? you can play 5/2/2 with sent ring or simply 4/4 or 5/3 and be really good equipped aswell.

If you play chars only as long as there is something to farm for ... 10k is good because it lets you play your chars longer.
If you dont play chars for the farm but for fun .... farming the ring is no problem because its a byproduct of you having fun.

in my opinion 1 highly priced Item that is not overpowered but just slighly better than the previous variants is totally fine. In the past a lot of people complained that they need a goal to farm for otherwise the game feels boring for them. This Ring is the carrot and is probably the reason a decent amount of people still playing their SOV chars (with totally fine equip) instead of getting farmed in conq gear on an alt :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Scottx125

Post#14 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:50 am

Honestly it's pretty stupid imo that one piece of a set is 10k whilst the rest is so much cheaper. If you want end-game gear to be a harder grind. Just make it slightly more expensive across the board..
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Martok

Post#15 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:51 am

dwyur wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 amIf they added a unique item, more people would queue. I have not done a city in a long time as well but certainly would if there was a better reward I could only get by doing it.

I agree. I preferred the unique currency aspect of cities.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

akisnaakkeli

Post#16 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:09 am

Martok wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:51 am
dwyur wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 amIf they added a unique item, more people would queue. I have not done a city in a long time as well but certainly would if there was a better reward I could only get by doing it.

I agree. I preferred the unique currency aspect of cities.
Yep. Need the "what if" aspect in this game. https://imgur.com/a/aQBtvi1 Bring items back you have removed and add procs back that u have removed.

Lorsten

Post#17 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:14 am

Just make crests account bound, so you can play chars that you want and then buy this ring on another character if you really need it. I have 2 or 3 these rings, but i feel forced to play undergeared chars to feel some progression.

Talladego

Post#18 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:18 am

Since the unified currency was introduced the game has turned into a mind-numbing grindfest. Fortress is pointless since it has no unique rewards so rarely any coordination, same for city. Scenarios are just a long series of surrendered losses to premades since that's the easiest way for premades to earn crests. The game was much more fun and rewarding before the unified currency system although it was more random. The ridiculous price tag on that ring just worsens the grind. Make just one purchase mistake and you are set back weeks of farming. This leads to everyone aiming for the same identical BiS build, boring.

Either lower prices across the board or increase crest drops slightly (10-20% increase).
Or make crests account bound to give us more freedom of play.
Or perhaps better, introduce more ways of earning crests (daily quests).
I would love to be able to afford alternate gear sets to try out different builds and playstyles but the grind to get there just isn't worth the time at the moment.

Ads
vipevox

Post#19 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:26 am

All these artificial restraints in the game make no sense. A person will abandon his character in any case, whether he collects a full set of equipment for a month or a year. In a pvp game where the gameplay is based on rvr battles, the long collection of equipment is completely pointless. The faster a character gets dressed, the better prepared he will be for battle. With a long journey to top equipment, it is more likely to lose interest without ever achieving it. And then either change the character or leave the game. A price two or even three times lower is much more adequate for this type of game.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:49 am

Lorsten wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:14 am Just make crests account bound, so you can play chars that you want and then buy this ring on another character if you really need it. I have 2 or 3 these rings, but i feel forced to play undergeared chars to feel some progression.
Guess why you are forced to play lower level chars? I tell you: Everyone would play their best equipped characters if they could farm easier this way. New players would encounter higher numbers of geared veterans, because they wouldn't reroll the normal way, they would keep playing their strongest chars.
Dying is no option.