Recent Topics

Ads

[choppa] GTDC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Alubert

[choppa] GTDC

Post#1 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:05 pm

Choppa is my main DD character.
However, his GTDC skill is very badly conceived.
Order cries that it dominates the orvr.
I never use him because the pull component gives immunities which completely eliminates him in any environment other than zerg.

My idea is simple.
Pull component should be turned into a soft cc like BO Right In Da Jibblies.
A small toss up that interrupts but does not give free immuns.
What this will change:
Order will stop crying.
I and other choppa players will be able to use GTDC without fear of free immunity. This soft cc can also be used by catching up with a tossed up target or as an interrupt.
Use GTDC as a pure dmg skill.

Please consider this proposal.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
Everdin

Re: [choppa] GTDC

Post#2 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 pm

Yep be thrown in the air for 6 seconds is total reasonable. It's not that you already have this only destro ability on zealot already...
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Alubert

Post#3 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:38 pm

Everdin wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 pm Yep be thrown in the air for 6 seconds is total reasonable. It's not that you already have this only destro ability on zealot already...
Don't mislead others.
I was talking about the equivalent of BO Righ In Da Jibblies not zealot winds. Its two different skills.
RIDJ is an upward toss, zealot winds is simply a knock back without immunity.
You probably don't know what you are writing about because you haven't played BO and not because of bad intentions.
Let me explain then how the soft cc I am talking about works:
target is tossed up (not in some direction like knock back just straight up, not too high, you may not even notice it), gives an interrupt on the target. The animation lasts about 1 sec.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

knick

Post#4 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:42 pm

so you suggest the aoe interrupt from the marauder/wl with a nice spicy knock up so a choppa can interrupt any channeld spell for 6 sec and a snare/root in one ability which is also aoe

sounds legit to me
Last edited by knick on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Haojin

Post#5 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:12 pm

Alubert wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:05 pm Choppa is my main DD character.
I never use him because the pull component gives immunities which completely eliminates him in any environment other than zerg.

My idea is simple.
What this will change:
Order will stop crying.
I and other choppa players will be able to use GTDC without fear of free immunity. This soft cc can also be used by catching up with a tossed up target or as an interrupt.

nice poem, you are talented.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

reyaloran

Post#6 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:16 pm

Just remove the pull and make the movement speed amp 40%. Can still be used as the chase down tool it was designed as while also not making it hell for order and destro leads alike.

Wdova

Post#7 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:38 pm

My idea is simple.
What this will change:
Order will stop crying.

Gtdc was nerfed already. Reduced range, reduced behaviour( not pulling on first impact) and now remove pull component because of what? Order cry? Seriously? 🤦
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Omegus

Post#8 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:09 pm

As a destro-exclusive player I approve of this proposal.

Edit: assuming this knocks up everyone on each tick and not just one person
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:33 pm

Alubert wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:38 pm
Everdin wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 pm Yep be thrown in the air for 6 seconds is total reasonable. It's not that you already have this only destro ability on zealot already...
Don't mislead others.
I was talking about the equivalent of BO Righ In Da Jibblies not zealot winds. Its two different skills.
RIDJ is an upward toss, zealot winds is simply a knock back without immunity.
You probably don't know what you are writing about because you haven't played BO and not because of bad intentions.
Let me explain then how the soft cc I am talking about works:
target is tossed up (not in some direction like knock back just straight up, not too high, you may not even notice it), gives an interrupt on the target. The animation lasts about 1 sec.
I understand completly what you want and know exactly what it does. Just because it's not knocking back doesn't make it better. It would be a 6 sec "you do nothing" button, cause it would interrupt everything casters/rdps do and hinder melees from moving. Even ridj shouldn't behave like it does, another example of destro favored behaviour.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:57 pm

Haojin wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:12 pm

My idea is simple.
What this will change:
Order will stop crying.

nice poem, you are talented.
Godamnit i lost :mrgreen: