Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend event solo/duo queue like Discordant Skirmish

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dackjanielz

Re: Weekend event solo/duo queue like Discordant Skirmish

Post#41 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:37 am

i think its so hilarious the dogged determination to keep SCs the way they are by the try hards, yeah punish the players further that will get them playing again rofl.

2 things need to happen - no more premades vs pugs and rewards for losing needs to be better, especially for those actively "trying to win" regardless of how terrible the odds are.

its NOT that difficult to accomplish.

a part of me actively wishes the Tryhards get what they want.
Make SCs premade only - put radar indicators up on those who hide around the map - dont let anyone surrender - kick them out of warcamp and dont let them back in!

It would kill scenarios completely over night and finally then maybe they will learn, altho i sincerely doubt it, i imagine they will continue to blame the players being the brain doughnuts they are.

i played city game last night which is already considered an unpopular game mode....But do you know why thats still going?
Because even when you lose you get well rewarded and you even get rewarded for trying.

This is how ALL of the game should be, RVR, SCs all of it.
As it currently stands its winner takes all and loser gets spat in the face, bad game design as its finest.

Anyone remember Overwatch vs tf2? Yeah guess who won that fight and why.
Or how about another one?
Warhammer fantasy battles vs AOS? Yeah guess which one thrived which one collapsed and why.

If the msg still isnt sinking in then there's no hope.

*Edit and BTW i am aware the devs are working on SCs and thats great news and hope it works. I am simply talking to the people who are determined to make things worse with encouraging yet more punishment devices on a game already rather heavily loaded on that.

Ads
Stimpz

Post#42 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:18 am

Spoiler:
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:37 am i think its so hilarious the dogged determination to keep SCs the way they are by the try hards, yeah punish the players further that will get them playing again rofl.

2 things need to happen - no more premades vs pugs and rewards for losing needs to be better, especially for those actively "trying to win" regardless of how terrible the odds are.

Make SCs premade only - put radar indicators up on those who hide around the map - dont let anyone surrender - kick them out of warcamp and dont let them back in!

It would kill scenarios completely over night and finally then maybe they will learn, altho i sincerely doubt it, i imagine they will continue to blame the players being the brain doughnuts they are.

i played city game last night which is already considered an unpopular game mode....But do you know why thats still going?
Because even when you lose you get well rewarded and you even get rewarded for trying.

As it currently stands its winner takes all and loser gets spat in the face, bad game design as its finest.

Warhammer fantasy battles vs AOS? Yeah guess which one thrived which one collapsed and why.

*Edit and BTW i am aware the devs are working on SCs and thats great news and hope it works. I am simply talking to the people who are determined to make things worse with encouraging yet more punishment devices on a game already rather heavily loaded on that.
I'm on your side.
I'm all in for fair and most, fun to play scenarios. But the losing side already gets a good amount of crests if they try fighting and score some points.
Of course, against a good premate you will get nothing, but you can't give crests for 0 points.
I'm too waiting for the overhaul and hope for more balanced scenarios.

And only because I'm curious, could you explain what you mean with Warhammer Fantasy Battles VS Age of Sigmar?
WHFB was discontinued and AOS came after that. In the same year, but they never had to compete.
For my knowledge, WHFB was discontinued because it was too bloated, complex and didn't have good selling. It had more competition against WH40k.
Also, WHFB was here for 32 years, AoS only 9.
Sorry, I hope this doesn't derail the topic too much

Dackjanielz

Post#43 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:17 pm

Stimpz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:18 am
Spoiler:
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:37 am i think its so hilarious the dogged determination to keep SCs the way they are by the try hards, yeah punish the players further that will get them playing again rofl.

I'm on your side.
I'm all in for fair and most, fun to play scenarios. But the losing side already gets a good amount of crests if they try fighting and score some points.
Of course, against a good premate you will get nothing, but you can't give crests for 0 points.
I'm too waiting for the overhaul and hope for more balanced scenarios.

And only because I'm curious, could you explain what you mean with Warhammer Fantasy Battles VS Age of Sigmar?
WHFB was discontinued and AOS came after that. In the same year, but they never had to compete.
For my knowledge, WHFB was discontinued because it was too bloated, complex and didn't have good selling. It had more competition against WH40k.
Also, WHFB was here for 32 years, AoS only 9.
Sorry, I hope this doesn't derail the topic too much

Basically the point im making is that fantasy died because it was toxic and full of tryhards with high levels of pricing and complexity that made the game flop.

AoS is far more successful as it does the complete opposite.

This server behaves like Fantasy, and it should behave more like AOS is the bottom line or it will suffer the same fate.

Stop punishing the casual / average gamer and stop rewarding the top 20% of people.

Stimpz

Post#44 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Basically the point im making is that fantasy died because it was toxic and full of tryhards with high levels of pricing and complexity that made the game flop.

This server behaves like Fantasy, and it should behave more like AOS is the bottom line or it will suffer the same fate.

Stop punishing the casual / average gamer and stop rewarding the top 20% of people.
Thank you for your reply. Now I understand what you mean.
I have good hopes that the Devs find a way to please all sides in regard to the scenario balance.
All we need is some patience.
Have a nice day, good sir.

Dackjanielz

Post#45 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:36 pm

Stimpz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Thank you for your reply. Now I understand what you mean.
I have good hopes that the Devs find a way to please all sides in regard to the scenario balance.
All we need is some patience.
Have a nice day, good sir.

Agreed - you too lad!

shoelessHN

Post#46 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:56 pm

City (losing) rewards were so good before people gladly queued up to be farmed. They cut the rewards by like 75% and people still queueing. That's how good it was.

There was 2-3 premades queueing most of the night NA on both sides, when they matched each other it was a 6 kill or 12 kill surrender. They don't really want to fight, they want to be given renown and crests for matching up against pugs. And that is 12 kills only when a quarter of the other team didn't run off and hide before the first fight.

You can watch the streamers in these 6mans get 5-6k per win because no one is dying and no one is fighting. Losers are getting 500-600 renown? Lol. Good luck keeping scs alive with that.

Dackjanielz

Post#47 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:09 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:56 pm

City (losing) rewards were so good before people gladly queued up to be farmed. They cut the rewards by like 75% and people still queueing. That's how good it was.

There was 2-3 premades queueing most of the night NA on both sides, when they matched each other it was a 6 kill or 12 kill surrender. They don't really want to fight, they want to be given renown and crests for matching up against pugs. And that is 12 kills only when a quarter of the other team didn't run off and hide before the first fight.

You can watch the streamers in these 6mans get 5-6k per win because no one is dying and no one is fighting. Losers are getting 500-600 renown? Lol. Good luck keeping scs alive with that.

lol Yep.

Everdin

Post#48 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:02 am

There is a big gap between what you all call "premade".

While If there are two fully geard and good coordinated groups in the one side, there may be some guild premade that just picked up what they found on guild/ally and 6 pugs. What you see is the single group trying one or two times and then realizing they fought 12 man alone and giving up.

The important fact comes now:
They que again, and try again instead of crying in the forum that the pugs destroy their experience.

Most of you also don't want fair fights, but easy rewards for yourself, as soon as pugs would have their own weekend warfront, the crying would go on there about "premades that bug their way" into this mode, cause you cant accept other people just winning cause they play better.

Same as discordant, which I highly recommend, if weekend warfront has to much premades for you.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
trh382

Post#49 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:03 pm

I have had a lot of success just playing support classes in mid tier

This has two advantages

1. You can have a higher impact on support in mid tier because there are fewer healers/tanks so your contribution is outsized

2. You are leveling a high demand class so you will easily find group spots at 40

Especially for new players struggling in mid tier, I strongly recommend playing a Rune Priest or Zealot. You will be impactful in midtier and have access to much better groups to play with at 40.

If you really want to play DPS, choose a DPS class once you see the end game a bit and then have an idea of what you want to play.

This might be less frustrating then sitting in the long DPS queues for scs and then losing due to 0 healers.

Godsdemon03

Post#50 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:09 pm

I'm not sure how feasible this would be but here it goes..

What if there are 2 map ques a weekend? 1 for solo players that get dumped into a map as team play and the other is pre-mades from 2 to 6?

Another idea could be 1 premade for each side then it dumps solos to fill the rest of the spots?
The issue might be the queing system.
The other day on order we had 5 BWs 4 SWs and no heals. The rest were mdps or tanks. We went against premades because chaos had plenty of heals and alot of choppa's.
This could happen to any side. (This is merely a point of how the que system failed or how it could be fixed if it were to address a role before dropping people into a SC)
Is there a way where the que could prompt a player: Heal, dps, or tank and pull evenly from both sides? The loophole would be jerks that play dps healers and select heals and then the queing system would fail or maybe it somehow check and see what their spec is and force players into a role?