Recent Topics

Ads

Mid Tier Social Denail

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
shoelessHN

Re: Mid Tier Social Denail

Post#11 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Dobzse wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 am
shoelessHN wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm Racing to 40 is min maxing your level above your rr. Your character at 40 in ruin is functionally useless outside of a sword and shield tank, and that's the best armor you can hope for if youre rr25.

There are exceptions for players that could pull it off but 99% are going to be net negatives on every sc or warband they're in due to their gimped character.
Nobody is talking here about Racing to 40. Just the simple fact that if you choose to play along with anyone in a tier 2 you need to be within the lvl gap or you wont get xp. Maybe you should get reduced XP but not zero. In practice it is disheartening for new players. When you wish to join a group in WHO you are already being "filtered" based on tank,dps,healer.. i think the game don't need further filters to fit in a group to get xp in mid tier. It is possibly driving away any new player.
What drives away new players is hitting 40 in garbage gear at a garbage renown rank and getting steam rolled by sov/premades.

Earning reduced xp was so powerful they actually removed the ability from the game. Hitting 40 at rr65 full vanq was easy back then. Absolutely clueless.

Ads
Dobzse

Post#12 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 am

shoelessHN wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm
What drives away new players is hitting 40 in garbage gear at a garbage renown rank and getting steam rolled by sov/premades.

Earning reduced xp was so powerful they actually removed the ability from the game. Hitting 40 at rr65 full vanq was easy back then. Absolutely clueless.
You can do "okayish" with just having pve gear if you are a fresh 40. If you dont get into an actual decent guild by the time you are 40 then you will get steam rolled anyways and not just by sov/premades. But how does a new player integrate into the experienced playerbase when the same premades stomping in mid tier? Merging tier 2 and tier 3 was a great idea and it is a great experience. I think this experience should be enhanced instead of holding back to lvl slower in both rr and xp wise. If you have bad gear because you did zero pvp while you leveled you still have the auction house/pve dungeons etc to compensate. Hitting rr 65 full vanq as a fresh 40 will not solve all your issues, especially if you don't join something organized on the way. And this is the point I am trying to make, my experience was with some of the new players they simply left because they were being bored camping in the capital waiting for an sc pop.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Godsdemon03

Post#13 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 am

If you are doing a PQ, you will see a small amount of xp upon completion.
The closer level you get to the highest the more xp you will see until you start gaining xp from the mobs.
As far as the SCs. I feel a fairer break up of SCs would be 1-20 and 21-39. They know more about the game than I do, it is what it is. You either adapt, only play on weekends or play another free to play mmo and leave these guys wondering why their retention is low.
I have a few concerns myself since the summer is coming up. Games usually peak in the cold months then die off a bit in the spring/summer. I came back around Xmas and I haven't seen a good pop during the week. I only see multiple options for gearing up on weekends. Weekdays are Orvr, T1 Orvr or logoff. Its not worth it to wait online and try to build a dungeon group. The population isn't interested (NA time slot)
In response to the Renown ranks, that is correct, however when you are in a SC with 6 Squid Herders (this could be any class) and all they want to do is surrender to go into the next and surrender over and over rather than play a tank/heal to help balance it out. This is also the players fault for not paying attention they are the only ones quering and the MMing is an identical group, switch or quit queing. This creates a very large renown gap.