Scenario Matchmaking Rework Megathread

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dackjanielz

Re: Scenario Matchmaking Rework Megathread

Post#21 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm

SRoth137 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:11 pm Discordant is more than enough in terms of catering toward casual SC gameplay.

There is currently no reward that is locked behind SC participation. If players aren't enjoying the general SC content (repeatedly dying to organized group) they can queue discordant, form their own group, or alternatively choose to progress their characters in oRVR. Similarly, if a 6 man is not enjoying oRVR content (repeatedly dying to numerically superior force), they can choose to form their own warband or alternatively progress their characters in SC.

I suspect the solution offered here is going to be worse than the actual problem. Any attempt to match-make or stratify during low population times (ie: NA) is going to be a net negative.

2 cents

lol more than enough for casual players.

What a laugh.

Quite frankly i think premades should be removed from SCs entirely - if they wanna play that way they can go into ranked which is what it was designed for.

Ads
mekal

Post#22 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm lol more than enough for casual players.

What a laugh.

Quite frankly i think premades should be removed from SCs entirely - if they wanna play that way they can go into ranked which is what it was designed for.
using my group for example we used to be hardcore players back in like 2019-2021 we are still friends and game together through variety of games but ror is where we connected and occasionally come back to most of the time we are just having fun talking **** and drinking while playing the game

now what you are asking is to remove players such as myself and allow us only to play together while ultra sweaty in ranked

what is stopping you from playing discordant

the reason i say this is to get you looking at different perspective you are openly asking to get rid of a bunch of peoples enjoyment other groups included for the sake of your own which is very easily solved

Dackjanielz

Post#23 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm

mekal wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm lol more than enough for casual players.

What a laugh.

using my group for example we used to be hardcore players back in like 2019-2021 we are still friends and game together through variety of games but ror is where we connected and occasionally come back to most of the time we are just having fun talking **** and drinking while playing the game

now what you are asking is to remove players such as myself and allow us only to play together while ultra sweaty in ranked

what is stopping you from playing discordant

the reason i say this is to get you looking at different perspective you are openly asking to get rid of a bunch of peoples enjoyment other groups included for the sake of your own which is very easily solved

You are literally proposing the same thing.

Casual players have suffered immensely because of this toxic enviroment for years, the player numbers speaks for itself.

ranked mode is for sweaty premaders - thats where you lot belong, the rest of us normal players should be allowed to play SCs

Discordant skirmish doesnt work as it has no events and is full of premaders anyway, it fails.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#24 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:34 pm

This is the Suggestions & Feedback Section of the forum to provide multiple perspectives about proposals and changes from the community.

Please maintain the quality of the Thread and avoid derailing it from Feedback, with one-on-one arguments or ad hominem reactions. If you disagree with one's view - share your thoughts, counter-arguments then move on.

mekal

Post#25 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:40 pm

no friend my point will be locking people out of options only leads to less people playing and getting rid of people that are better than you simply because you dont want to lose will do the same doesnt matter if pug or preformed

you refuse to use systems that are added to the game directly for you

the whole point of this game is teamwork and groups event sc where designed around that TO PROMOTE teamwork i have no issue though with allowing rewards to be earned in discordant

Dyster

Post#26 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:03 pm

allowing weekend sc to be in discordant rotation would be good and a archetype counter like for solo ranked would also be good.
this game does not have nor will it ever have enough playerbase to support a working mmr system without resulting in dead sc`s

lemao

Post#27 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm

Remove solo queueing from scs. Only premade queueing 3 man + is allowed

Dyster

Post#28 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 pm

removing the ability to solo queue might unironically be the better option as it would force people out of the mindset that they can just show up with whatever and expect free wins against more organized players

Ads
Garamore

Post#29 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

Some pretty easy options. Match number of premades on each side. Match number of healers and tanks on each side. Pop full dps only scenarios to clear the queues.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

JohnnyWayne

Post#30 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

For every single post I read in this thread, I feel dumber. I better go and reread my write up... Instead of considering multiple perspectives and playstyles all of you just want to take away other peoples enjoyment of the game, thinking your way of playing is the only valid one. If you don't have to contribute anything constructive, don't post it at all.

Suggest well rounded concepts, that include all types of players. Consider different perspectives. Leave your own filter bubble. Stop fighting amongst yourselves, you all should want the same thing - better SC matches for everyone. If you can't think of such concepts they are not well thought through in the first place.
Garamore wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm Some pretty easy options. Match number of premades on each side. Match number of healers and tanks on each side. Pop full dps only scenarios to clear the queues.
Its not that easy in terms of optimization I'm afraid. You gotta apply dynamic rules, fixated rules will end with no or at least less SCs popping. Something we had in the past as an experiment I'm told.