Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lord Aggro Problem - Buff Menace, Tanking NPCs in RvR

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
tazdingo

Re: Buff Menace Tactic -Healing Agroo in Keep fights, Tanking NPCs in RvR

Post#11 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Dobzse wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am And you can already see while there is a lack of tank players in the game, or why it takes sometime ages for a dungeon group to find a tank that is willing to join them to kill pve bosses.
because nobody wants to get yelled at for 40 minutes whilst doing all of the work. tanks don't even need pve gear

Ads
mekal

Post#12 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:12 pm

if the ror team is going to put effort into pve then threat should absolutely matter healers and dps should be detaunting
honestly cant see how tanks are losing aggro though even without menace taunt/challenge with the actual high threat skills are usually enough

if were just gonna go back to how dungeons where then yeah eliminate threat entirely and let everyone just speedrun

i would prefer the former

Frankie

Post#13 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:07 pm
Dobzse wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am And you can already see while there is a lack of tank players in the game, or why it takes sometime ages for a dungeon group to find a tank that is willing to join them to kill pve bosses.
because nobody wants to get yelled at for 40 minutes whilst doing all of the work. tanks don't even need pve gear
Slightly off, but I have to ask: why don't they? Their tanky stats are Toughness, Wounds and... Armor. Toughness is practically useful in PvP, which makes Armor more PvE focused stat. I'm very confused about these. Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry about it!
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40

tazdingo

Post#14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:18 pm

Frankie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm
Slightly off, but I have to ask: why don't they? Their tanky stats are Toughness, Wounds and... Armor. Toughness is practically useful in PvP, which makes Armor more PvE focused stat. I'm very confused about these. Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry about it!
i'm just venting, but for tanks the dungeon sets are just interim dps sets. at the point dps tanking actually begins to work you have better options

we begrudgingly slog through city dungeons for the ring and maybe a weapon

Frankie

Post#15 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:11 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:18 pm
Frankie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm

i'm just venting, but for tanks the dungeon sets are just interim dps sets. at the point dps tanking actually begins to work you have better options

we begrudgingly slog through city dungeons for the ring and maybe a weapon
I know I'm dancning on a knife's edge of topic related discussion, but when does it actually starts to click for dps? I think this is the only class in the game where I can easily swap gears to fit my role better -- given that role is main tank. For every other occasion, I prefer dps builds. Don't get me wrong, I was the one having a blast flying a transport chopper in Project Reality with all the responsibility that crashing one meant a potential ban from any server, my brother quipped that after work I played a game where I was doing a chore. I like it to a degree. But tanking is thankless indeed.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Dobzse

Post#16 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:01 pm

Frankie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm Slightly off, but I have to ask: why don't they? Their tanky stats are Toughness, Wounds and... Armor. Toughness is practically useful in PvP, which makes Armor more PvE focused stat. I'm very confused about these. Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry about it!
Sorry but Toughness does very little job keeping you or your party alive in PvE dungeons. None of the stats do anything to generate more agroo other then the offensive stats.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Frankie

Post#17 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:13 pm

Dobzse wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:01 pm
Frankie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm Slightly off, but I have to ask: why don't they? Their tanky stats are Toughness, Wounds and... Armor. Toughness is practically useful in PvP, which makes Armor more PvE focused stat. I'm very confused about these. Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry about it!
Sorry but Toughness does very little job keeping you or your party alive in PvE dungeons. None of the stats do anything to generate more agroo other then the offensive stats.
No, I'm sorry for the noob comments, and the misunderstanding. Toughness is PvP attribute.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Endari

Re: Keep Lord Aggro Problem - Buff Menace, Tanking NPCs in RvR

Post#18 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:39 pm

Healers have a tactic for this though, is subtlety working? Many dps also have a hate reducing tactic or ability as well, it was a thing on live that on some pve encounters you really had to pay attention to aggro and actually use these lesser used tactics and abilities.

Ads
Dobzse

Post#19 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:44 am

Yesterday we had a Bastion stairs run and one of the healer was a shield warrior priest.
I could not keep up with the agroo as a tank with menace equipped. I had to ask the warrior priest to equip subtletly tactic (the minus threat tactic for healers.)
Even after that he was still catching up so i eventually had to perma guard him, however this ment that the actual dps had to hold back and they were keep dying because of some of the agroo dropping mechanics.
The Warrior priest was able to tank all bosses with EZ while actually being usefull because he was doing dmg and healing at the same time being able to hold better agroo then a tank using menace.

This just does not seem right.
A healer with -30% agroo (from subtletly tactic) + -50% agroo (from being guard) cannot generate more threat then a tank having +100% agroo from menace + 50% agroo from the guarded target.

What other purpose a tank has in a pve dungeon group other then being a guard bot with a shield if i even cannot hold agroo on pve fights.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

nAyu

Post#20 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:57 am

100% Sign
I went hard on BS the last few days with my BG to get Bloodlord.
Heal Aggro was just sometimes a problem but oh boy our Chopa went hard.
With double guard and Detaunt from his side, not a single chance to get a boss off of him if he crits well. Taunts apparently dont work as i'd image, because they sometimes just "dont work"?

We had the Aggro discussion in Discord as well - one asked "why does a healer NEED to equip the less Aggro Tactic in PvE anyways?" my answer was "Well Tanks have to so as well!"
But i did not think of the RvR Lord aggro thing, because i'm mostly outside and keep fending people off.

So yeah, adding this to the Tome Slot seems like a nice middleground "to just have it there" and forget about it