Recent Topics

Ads

About time you balance the roaming and not just the mass rvr of factions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Ysaran

Re: About time you balance the roaming and not just the mass rvr of factions

Post#21 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:13 am

salazarn wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:11 pm chopper > SL
Wow, such eloquence. That was enlightening (read in sarcastic).

Now, joke apart. I can't talk about Magus, engie, chosen, kotbs, sw and sh. I don't play these classes. On the other hand I do play Slayer/Choppa and AM/Shaman. Addressing the OP would be pointless because other ppl already explained very well why it is just a biased rant. I just would like to point out a couple of things that the Order lobbyists here are not saying, though out of ignorance or malice I can't say.

Choppa-Slayer
Slayer had the monopoly on Order melee choice for 15 years. It was literally the strongest class in the game. Choppa was by no mean as strong as Slayer, both in solo and in party/wb. There are a lot of "famous" solo Slayer, but there aren't any famous solo choppa player. This is because solo Choppa was not a thing, it just didn't work as well as Slayer. What made Slayer so strong was Rampage. The skill needed to be toned down. It ignored morale, it made guarding a DPS counterproductive, and it made the whole tank archetype a joke. And order defended their right to have the skill with nails and theef. The knew they had a privilege but no one wanted to acknowledge it for fear of having it removed. The skill was toxic.
Choppa used to have more utility (GTDC, Chop Fasta vs Shatter Limbs) while slayer used to have more damage (ID and Rampage). Now the two classes have the same utility (no more Chop Fasta) and Choppa damage was buffed on par with Slayer. But Slayer still have Rampage, while Choppa, in the same tree and for the same Mastery point, have a nice pile of garbage. So, no. Choppa is not better than Slayer

Shaman-AM:
Is Shaman immortal in 1v1? Yes... If heal spec. Just as much as every single other healer. Healer shouldn't die to 1 single DPS attacking them. And if they do, it is because they fuked up. DPS shaman is not immortal. Shaman have great mobility. It have 3 kiting tools (punt, puddle and Run Away) and that is by design since Order has WL which have 3 gap closer (pounce, pull and charge). You want nerf shaman mobility? Fine, then nerf WL mobility also. DPS Shaman is worst than DPS AM. Heal Shaman is worst then heal AM. As a healer you have the same healing skills but then Shaman have worst morale pump, worst AP drain, worst puddle, worst M2. Shaman is just plainly worst than AM. Shaman received only nerfs since the beginning of RoR. They nerfed puddle, auto detaunt, run away, lifetap, AP drain and Gork's (or Mork's? Can't remember) Touch (now called Hurts, Don't It?). They even broken the class mechanic. And you know how many buff received Shaman? A big fat 0.
Zputadenti

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#22 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 am

Slayers have been extinct since the last patch, all replaced with white lions and theres truck tons of Choppas since in the last patch they got buffed.

But apparently slayers are better.

mekz senz

ravezaar

Post#23 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 am

SH > SW by a mile, i would say its among the biggest diff atm

Magus > Engi always bin the case mainly due to Aegis and ofc Magic dmg, no need for WS

BW> Sorc the AoE potential

Choppa > Slayer this is not even up for debate after last balance patch, Slayer was better but classes was also closer before now Choppa ran away

WL>Mara in both burst and AoE WL is superior, Mara wins in CC and sustain but still as un-even as above class comp.

None of this matters tho cause Devs do what they want, its there server and they wont/dont listen to players outside there grp.

ps: Magus still the most fun class to play
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Bergbart

Post#24 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:35 am

Well first of all there are several reasons I think. off Wl/Choppa Killboard stuff.
Big green and muscular.
There are many greenskin guilds and quite often a Waaagh from the Boataz.
Before that there were a lot of players who just wanted to vacuum and they are still there.

Flexibility the Choppa has his complete skillset singletarget and aoe available even in the aoe spec he still pushes out very good damage, even 2H he can do aoe, the Slayer is bound to dualwide but Boy he also pushes singletarget damage if he wants.

What makes the orc popular among others will be the lifetactic I like to use it very much and am at 9 to 10.5 k hp so you can also push solo with the zerg, the dwarf can keep his armor tactic!
And the 2 movable aoe fields make it a toppic at the moment!
Crittactic is something for endgame gear or a group that wants to do that and ultra gank specs (the orc then has an advantage). By the way, Slayer also has something like this, there was a video here a few years ago of a solo Slayer who tore people apart shortly before death.
And Push for More by Slayer is also hardcore.

The other thing is Mara/Wl
The Wl also has his "almost" complete skillset at his disposal (I know that the Wb Wl Loner play) ie he is more fluid to play (Than Mara )and does not have the extremely annoying defense debuff like a Slayer plus Mobility. So he is more tanky. And if necessary he can also change Tactic set and summon the catdude.

Mara on the other hand? It used to be played a lot because of the Op Monstro Proc (which was also nerfed and has a great fun spec that has existed since release, but do you hear the Destros whining here? I am aware of the brutality stance buff but the aoe tank specc was still something special).
But otherwise the Mara is no longer a big hit in casual Wb play because of its clunky mechanics, the restrictions on skills and tactics and also the new Piercing Bite.
That leaves only Choppa.

And don't get me started on Stance Switch, it's just as unfun as Sw!

People don't want to work, they want to chill and play.
That's the same reason why premades want to farm pugs and make chilled progress without beads of sweat on their heads!

You could make a mind game if the knights and Chosen auras were like they used to be like in the past.... permanently activate the 3 auras every 5 sec would that be fun to play? And how many would still do that?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Ysaran

Post#25 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:51 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 am Slayers have been extinct since the last patch, all replaced with white lions and theres truck tons of Choppas since in the last patch they got buffed.

mekz senz
Slayer is not extinct. Lots of double slayer premade in the event sc. The fact that you see more diversity in the Order's class distribution is another proof that slayer was monopolizing the choice. But if you are talking about solo Slayer, then, again, you are strenghtening my point. Rampage was the only skill that made Slayer viable in solo. Now that is not OP anymore you don't see solo Slayer anymore. Just as you don't see solo Choppa.
Choppa received a buff so it is normal that more ppl play it now, I'm not sure about your point here. Also, the buff that choppa received didn't really make it more viable in solo, so no change on that front.
Finally no one wrote that slayer is better than choppa. I surely didn't. Someone wrote that Slayer ST damage is better tan Choppa's, which is true and the reason is ID. I mean, just look at ID cooldaown and GTDC cooldown? You can pretty much spam ID (which in turn will proc any kind of ****) and it fire and forget while GTDC is a chnnel.

I find hilarious that everyone here say choppa>slayer but no care to explain why (spoiler: becuase it is not true). They share most of their skills and tactics, it is not so hard to see the differences.
Zputadenti

bw10

Post#26 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:52 am

rampage was great but ID is literally best damage skill in the game and you can get its cd to 0 with a tactic. i proved it to myself once i pressed no other skill than ID during a t4 scenario with an invader geared slayed and came up on top of damage and kills this way. with -5 cd tactic and only switched targets to spread id debuff. its funny what you can read on the forums. people with multiple 80's asking for slayer to get a pull and other nonsense.

slayer still got id and 30+% strike thru with no gcd rampage up. choppa got 75 ap pot at the cost of gcd and dropping ur rage lol. furious stomping is amazing for sure but shatter limbs is very good aswell

Acidic

Post#27 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:57 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 am Slayers have been extinct since the last patch, all replaced with white lions and theres truck tons of Choppas since in the last patch they got buffed.

mekz senz
Slayers are good dps, defiantly on par or better than choppa. The reason that there are few is that the WL damage output potential is huge. Once u go WL u don’t go back.

So order new version of complaining is that you over buffed WL to a monster so please do same to slayer and put it back to its 15 year mele king of the hill spot.

Speedyluck

Post#28 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:18 pm

until they fix that broken WL dmg together with best utilities, mobility and wearing mid armor at the same time, slayers will be "extincted", it has nothing to do with choppas.

Ads
reynor007

Post#29 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 pm

I’ll just express my opinion without emotions, as usual😅
sh>sw, a squig can kill any class except WL, if it can SW loses to magus, sham, def us, def mara, after SW lost the knockdown he lost the advantage against the range class, still strong against melee but SH is just stronger as a solo class
WE>WH I definitely know both of these classes flawlessly, def WE, simply the most powerful class in the game at the moment, without any competitors WH has become really weak and has many mechanical bugs that make it very difficult to play as before and it is not known whether they will be fixed
choppa = slayer I think if two opponents of the same level of play collide, they will have a 50/50 but I would still say that choppa is better for solo roaming, since he simply has more convenient classes, anyone who plays a slayer knows that you can never kill a good sham,sh,magus,sork
chosen>>>>>kotbs is simply the strongest solo tank at the moment, has no competitors, the strongest channel, tactics 15% crit + spirit channel, this is just crazy, it must be weakened and divided into 2 tactics demonclay, this was a distinctive tactic of kotbs, as a result it appeared in chosen, only in a stronger version at the moment 2h chosen will only lose to SW and possibly slayer, engi but only in the case of a straight road and an idiom kite
kotbs my favorite class, which is no longer playable solo, received a nerf of all strong abilities, lost its uniqueness, received nothing in return, the weakest solo class of all, I do not recommend it to anyone
magus>>engi aegis, magic damage, only WL and AM are difficult opponents, both can be killed with the right tactics engi from complex opponents def we, def mara, magus, sh magic damage>>physical damage
mara<WL in general the opponents are approximately equal in difficulty riposte mara can kill 2h tank, good against melee dps weak against slayer, AM, any good kiter WL is one of the best burst in the game, the best class against kite, completely countered by armor, tough or killing a pet
sham>am sham received 3 dots, detaunt which is combined with tactics which is just insanely strong, improved career abilities, m1 which now works as it should, proto has no anti-class if you know how to play, of the difficult opponents only WL, AM (can’t kill, but he won’t lose) and maybe engi, but with the equipment that is available now, there’s simply no chance AM, the strongest class in life, a faded shadow of itself in ror, among the most difficult opponents SH, def WE
I did not consider situations where a build is made for a specific class, I compared only pop class builds in ideal performance

if you disagree on some class, you can write to me and I will give a detailed answer, unfortunately I am limited by the translator, so it will be brief for now)
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

salazarn

Post#30 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:35 pm

reynor007 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 pm I’ll just express my opinion without emotions, as usual😅
sh>sw, a squig can kill any class except WL, if it can SW loses to magus, sham, def us, def mara, after SW lost the knockdown he lost the advantage against the range class, still strong against melee but SH is just stronger as a solo class
WE>WH I definitely know both of these classes flawlessly, def WE, simply the most powerful class in the game at the moment, without any competitors WH has become really weak and has many mechanical bugs that make it very difficult to play as before and it is not known whether they will be fixed
choppa = slayer I think if two opponents of the same level of play collide, they will have a 50/50 but I would still say that choppa is better for solo roaming, since he simply has more convenient classes, anyone who plays a slayer knows that you can never kill a good sham,sh,magus,sork
chosen>>>>>kotbs is simply the strongest solo tank at the moment, has no competitors, the strongest channel, tactics 15% crit + spirit channel, this is just crazy, it must be weakened and divided into 2 tactics demonclay, this was a distinctive tactic of kotbs, as a result it appeared in chosen, only in a stronger version at the moment 2h chosen will only lose to SW and possibly slayer, engi but only in the case of a straight road and an idiom kite
kotbs my favorite class, which is no longer playable solo, received a nerf of all strong abilities, lost its uniqueness, received nothing in return, the weakest solo class of all, I do not recommend it to anyone
magus>>engi aegis, magic damage, only WL and AM are difficult opponents, both can be killed with the right tactics engi from complex opponents def we, def mara, magus, sh magic damage>>physical damage
mara<WL in general the opponents are approximately equal in difficulty riposte mara can kill 2h tank, good against melee dps weak against slayer, AM, any good kiter WL is one of the best burst in the game, the best class against kite, completely countered by armor, tough or killing a pet
sham>am sham received 3 dots, detaunt which is combined with tactics which is just insanely strong, improved career abilities, m1 which now works as it should, proto has no anti-class if you know how to play, of the difficult opponents only WL, AM (can’t kill, but he won’t lose) and maybe engi, but with the equipment that is available now, there’s simply no chance AM, the strongest class in life, a faded shadow of itself in ror, among the most difficult opponents SH, def WE
I did not consider situations where a build is made for a specific class, I compared only pop class builds in ideal performance

if you disagree on some class, you can write to me and I will give a detailed answer, unfortunately I am limited by the translator, so it will be brief for now)
This sounds about right.
Also witch hunter is indeed buggy. Trial by pain drops if someone so much as walks by a post and BaL final tick doesn't work sometimes