Post#51 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Baddies with higher RR give more renown. :P
Dying is no option.

Ads
RyanMakara

Re: Bots & Punishment

Post#52 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Azarael wrote:
Zonder wrote:Why u think my guild mate Hedio is bot ? All u write are only theories lol
I wonder if him being your guild mate puts you in a position where you might want to defend him? :)
Which proves the entire defense is in no way going to have a valid argument.
Last edited by RyanMakara on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kragg

Post#53 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:44 am

Halobravo wrote: Isn't it unfair that someone who can play for 14 hours a day and get all the gear, but someone who plays 2 hours a day will never be able to compete. Why do people care SOOOo much about how someone else achieved anything? x-x I really don't understand.
If you use common sense you'll see it. If i put 14 hours in it i expect more then when i put two hours in it. How about at your job I work two hours and i get paid the same as you do for fourteen hours doing the exact same work?

Am I penetrating that thick skull yet?
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Rordin Brightrune, RR 70 Runepriest
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

Halobravo

Post#54 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 am

Kragg wrote: If you use common sense you'll see it. If i put 14 hours in it i expect more then when i put two hours in it. How about at your job I work two hours and i get paid the same as you do for fourteen hours doing the exact same work?
Hey no need to be rude.

I get that just fine. This is a video game though, no one here is getting paid for a living. This is not the same issue. If you never knew that the guy was botting you wouldn't give a **** how he got his gear, but suddenly its the worse thing in the world.

I get it, it shouldn't happen, but it does. I don't think bots are good, I don't want bots to exist, but for the people in this tread to treat it as some catastrophic event that could completely ruin the server is really insane to me. It just isn't that big of a deal, and there are plenty of other things to take care of right now.

Dajciekrwi

Post#55 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello,
i palyed in many videogames who were killed by such practice like boots. If in pre-alpha version we wil tolerate such thung, we never get the game and comuunity back to the good condition.
Earlier we start the fight with some ppl , we earlier end with them.

Kragg

Post#56 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Halobravo wrote:
Kragg wrote: If you use common sense you'll see it. If i put 14 hours in it i expect more then when i put two hours in it. How about at your job I work two hours and i get paid the same as you do for fourteen hours doing the exact same work?
Hey no need to be rude.

I get that just fine. This is a video game though, no one here is getting paid for a living. This is not the same issue. If you never knew that the guy was botting you wouldn't give a **** how he got his gear, but suddenly its the worse thing in the world.

I get it, it shouldn't happen, but it does. I don't think bots are good, I don't want bots to exist, but for the people in this tread to treat it as some catastrophic event that could completely ruin the server is really insane to me. It just isn't that big of a deal, and there are plenty of other things to take care of right now.
Agreed, sorry about that, but this discussion is becomes rather painfull to read.

The payment in this case would be the items farmed. I spend 16 hours at the keyboard and the other guy who uses a bot gets the same amount while AFK. That just ain't fair. If we don't speak out and do someting about it more people will start doing it as well. Your not setting an example by sitting idle by till the problem becomes larger.

And it won't stop at that. Speedhacks, afk spawns with groups of afk bots taking all the kills with aoe so no one else can get to them. It happened before and it will happen again. It won't be the first server that dies due to these kind of things.

Azarael

Post#57 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 pm

There's a bot farming at Renatta Betz now... logged a Destruction character to slay it, but that only works for botters stupid enough to set up in a working RvR area.

The person running that bot has another bot, stationed in Altdorf to AoE the Pale Eyes.

Kragg

Post#58 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:42 am

Azarael wrote:There's a bot farming at Renatta Betz now... logged a Destruction character to slay it, but that only works for botters stupid enough to set up in a working RvR area.

The person running that bot has another bot, stationed in Altdorf to AoE the Pale Eyes.
And so it begins.. :/

Ads
Azarael

Post#59 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 am

The person running the bots has decided to take command of the one farming Renatta and use a healer to stop me killing it, so I'm out of options.

He lost his Lv9 warrior priest to a DoK though and got very, very angry about it.

Kragg

Post#60 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:15 pm

Azarael wrote: and got very, very angry about it.
You're doing it right :D

Shaming and naming is a valid tactic imo ;)