Recent Topics

Ads

[NA] Weekend scenarios exist for premades to farm pugs.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
ShadowWar

Re: [NA] Weekend scenarios exist for premades to farm pugs.

Post#11 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm

I was solo queuing on NA Order almost all weekend, because it was hard to get the guild together for a number of reasons. It wasn't until last night (Sunday) that we were able to wrangle a group together specifically to do the SC.

It does feel bad when you can't get groups together to do this, and Morr is particularly punishing because it is an SC with VERY different objectives for players, on top of not being in the rotation often, so it is not known. Add the only-one-group credit issue, and, essentially, it's a confluence of all the worst possible configurations for a solo player to do well in.

I don't hear people saying "get good" very often, what I hear instead is, team up. It's just like in ORvR, you can't get mad at the blob, that's the game. If they can bring more to a fight, you need to find ways around it, or do something else. In scenarios, you keep bashing your head against the wall, or you try to get organized.

Balancing matchmaking and population realities are probably one of the hardest things to do. Different people have different tolerances for how long they are willing to wait. I think I would totally support solo-only queues for the weekend Scenario, especially once ranked is open (is it open? does it open again? hello? Bueller? no clue I don't play/care).

The current "weekend scenario" event pattern is fun, but it's very confusing on it's intent, and the frustration of the community, and the reaction that always comes up because of it, is a bullhorn shout indicator that it is not performing/behaving as desired from some direction. Whether communication from the game to the player of proper expectations, or just bad implementation, is up to the dev team to address.

Ads
Everdin

Post#12 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:22 pm

ShadowWar wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm I was solo queuing on NA Order almost all weekend, because it was hard to get the guild together for a number of reasons. It wasn't until last night (Sunday) that we were able to wrangle a group together specifically to do the SC.

It does feel bad when you can't get groups together to do this, and Morr is particularly punishing because it is an SC with VERY different objectives for players, on top of not being in the rotation often, so it is not known. Add the only-one-group credit issue, and, essentially, it's a confluence of all the worst possible configurations for a solo player to do well in.

I don't hear people saying "get good" very often, what I hear instead is, team up. It's just like in ORvR, you can't get mad at the blob, that's the game. If they can bring more to a fight, you need to find ways around it, or do something else. In scenarios, you keep bashing your head against the wall, or you try to get organized.

Balancing matchmaking and population realities are probably one of the hardest things to do. Different people have different tolerances for how long they are willing to wait. I think I would totally support solo-only queues for the weekend Scenario, especially once ranked is open (is it open? does it open again? hello? Bueller? no clue I don't play/care).

The current "weekend scenario" event pattern is fun, but it's very confusing on it's intent, and the frustration of the community, and the reaction that always comes up because of it, is a bullhorn shout indicator that it is not performing/behaving as desired from some direction. Whether communication from the game to the player of proper expectations, or just bad implementation, is up to the dev team to address.
I agree on the "get good" thing, while there are often some heated discussions what to do in a scenario (fight or BO), I never heard something like that outside from some jokeing around with guildmembers or alliance.

I think these shenanigans comes from the fact that some players can't differentiate between "I'm getting flamed" and "Someone wants to help", the language barrier may cause some of these issues. But also there are a lot of people feeling personel attacked if you ask them to do something group friendly like guard, heal, assist, stop aoe punting etc.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Nameless

Post#13 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:30 pm

At eu primetime when build prem you often face prem and often you got good fights. It is abit more tricky when you got as second grp pug vs 2 prems but pug farming is not a goal for most
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

ShadowWar

Post#14 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:38 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:30 pm At eu primetime when build prem you often face prem and often you got good fights. It is abit more tricky when you got as second grp pug vs 2 prems but pug farming is not a goal for most
I will say, If a guild is queuing 2 groups at a time for the same scenario, there is very little other possible outcome (not saying you are, just an observation). There is not a competitive group SC scene here. Which kind of goes back to my, "the intent of SC and the weekend events are not clear". You are 100% right though, if you get a premade + pug v premade + pug the quality of the pugs has varying effects on the outcome. Morr is a particularly strong example because of the divergent goals presented.