Offering help

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Zack

Offering help

Post#1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:54 am

I'm posting again, yay I'm really boring and also stubborn.

I'm developing on git last version of https://github.com/WarEmu/WarEmu, trying to fix characters skills, abilities and class mechanics.

I'm only asking, if I do something stable, can I post a "push" request on Git?
I hope I'm not doubling effort I'm basing on what I see working on http://www.returnofreckoning.com. I think that the Git repository it's a little outdated.

Every response will be well accepted, even: "Go back on your way moron" :D

Ads
JeFawk

Re: Offering help

Post#2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 am

The git repository is behind a few months in updates (outdated for a few months). Max is the only one that can accept your requests and implement them, but he's never around so your efforts are most likely in vain.

Zack

Post#3 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 am

So there is no way that I can work on an updated version of server sources? :cry:

I hope that what I do It's not done in vain :D I'll keep working and I hope in an answer by Max

JeFawk

Post#4 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 am

Zack wrote:So there is no way that I can work on an updated version of server sources? :cry:

I hope that what I do It's not done in vain :D I'll keep working and I hope in an answer by Max
Sadly not even I or Nalgol have access to the latest sources, I don't see why you would be an exception.

Zack

Post#5 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Maybe you have misunderstood. I don't want exception neither steal something, indeed I want to bring something to this project.

I have understand that this is an open source project and that you need people with coding experience.

I will try to to something with the version on git, then I will post it to Max or on the forum or everywhere you prefer. Than Max will adapt it if he want.

But, first of all I want to respect the work that anyone have do on this project, so if you prefer that I don't post anything anymore just tell it to me and I'll do. :) I'm saying it absolutely without hard feelings by me :D

Anyway see you on battlefield.

JeFawk

Post#6 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Zack wrote:I don't want exception neither steal something
I did not say that you are stealing anything, there's barely anything to steal off the emulator.

Feel free to try to contribute as much a you can, posting your updates anywhere you like. I cannot have anything against this. However be advise that Max will probably ignore your attempts.

In conclusion, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

nalgol
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:21 pm

best is to come on irc and talk to us ofc we need every help we can get
just change the code and upload it to git and make a pull request then max can take a look at it and add it or make modifactions and add it then

JeFawk

Post#8 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:25 pm

nalgol wrote:best is to come on irc and talk to us ofc we need every help we can get
I don't, I'm fine.

Ads