Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
wraithghost

[Engineer] Feedback

Post#1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:36 pm

I play RR63 napalm AOE, damage you do is great if you can keep the turret up and stay near it and the trade off comes with terrible 1v1, survivability and single target damage.

A few things that are pretty annoying about engi are;

1-the turret in sieges (atk/def) and forts gets killed by AOE instantly. You spend near enough the whole time replacing it as it has to be so close to you to get the effect.
2-you have to take well oiled machine as a tactic because of the above and then it feels completely pointless because it gets instantly destroyed.

My thoughts to make the turret mechanic a better experience for the engi would be to add into well oiled machine some kind of AOE avoidance if it could be done. I don't think more wounds would work as you still want the turret to be able to destroyed quickly if someone focuses it, extra range would, but that would just mean placing the turret far back like I already do so it doesn't attack anything.

Another thing I noticed was the Warlord set which is supposed to be the grenadier set has weapon skill, auto haste and dissolve (armor reduction) as set bonuses when all our damage is corporeal. Anything would be better than these a few examples maybe - extra wounds instead of weapon skill, +10 range on grenade abilities and chance on hit to either increase crit, damage, reduce grenade ability AP, reduce grenade ability cool down etc etc.

I really enjoy the class and feel the only downside is how hard it is to keep the turret alive, the class mechanics should be fun and at the moment its more of a chore.

Ads
Starx

Re: [Engineer] Feedback

Post#2 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Pretty much although I wouldn't like to see any kind of AoE avoidance or turret survivability added to a tactic.

Most people will already agree that well oiled machine (a QoL tactic) is basically 100% mandatory, tacking on more to it will just reinforce that. If turrets got more survive just base then there would exist some actual tradeoff with using or not using that tactic that otherwise doesn't exist.

wraithghost

Post#3 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:22 pm

One thing I didn't mention is that I haven't played a magus but I guess they have the same issues so any change would benefit both sides.

xanderous

Post#4 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:22 pm

This has been an issue for a very long time, a dev once upon time ago decided they did not like pets not instantly dying and being group healed so they turned it off, only WL pet gets a defence buff to taking aoe damage currently. Giving magus pet and engie turrets that same buff is not a lot to ask even if its just scaled for the medium / short range ones. Having made similar threads in the past and received responses i got, devs clearly not interested.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

videogamer

Post#5 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Can confirm as a Magus my pets are always dead unless i'm 150 yards away. A single targeted ground AOE or a single dot will kill them. If they don't want to make them stronger they could increase the radius which you get the buff so that you can try keep your pet out of the AOE behind you or something.

Stkillinger

Post#6 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:38 pm

The stuff about warlord set bonuses being kinda bad for a gren engi is accurate.

Grenade spec is an aoe spec, it doesn't need auto attack haste at all.

A lot of the warlord armor pieces also have auto attack haste for some reason. Replace them with +5ft range or something instead.

The armor debuff has somewhat a use, but it needs to be higher. Some WBs look for a gren engi with full onslaught that has the same effect except its 1050 armor reduction instead of the 800 armor reduction on the warlord set. If they buff it to 1050 its now as good as Onslaught at least. And it should be, its the end game set for a grenade engi.

As for turrets, I don't think its game breaking to let them have partial % aoe damage reduction. If your turret/daemon(magus) dies you lose a pretty good chunk of your damage because of the damage% buff. Grenade turret has a pretty good range on letting you keep the buff(think its around 100ft) but then it isn't close enough to the enemy to attack. The rifle turret you can place far back enough and be with it so I don't think that one has an issue. The flame turret should be tanky as hell being in the front line.
Let's be friends until our enemy is defeated.

wraithghost

Post#7 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:33 pm

xanderous wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:22 pm This has been an issue for a very long time, a dev once upon time ago decided they did not like pets not instantly dying and being group healed so they turned it off, only WL pet gets a defence buff to taking aoe damage currently. Giving magus pet and engie turrets that same buff is not a lot to ask even if its just scaled for the medium / short range ones. Having made similar threads in the past and received responses i got, devs clearly not interested.
Our damage is worthless with out the turret, its stationary and we have to stand right near it. The downside of being immobile and the upside of the damage, the turret instantly dieing when someone sneezes in the general direction shouldn't be yet another downside. So hopefully the Dev's thoughts have changed on the subject.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 am

Stkillinger wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:38 pm The stuff about warlord set bonuses being kinda bad for a gren engi is accurate.

Grenade spec is an aoe spec, it doesn't need auto attack haste at all.

A lot of the warlord armor pieces also have auto attack haste for some reason. Replace them with +5ft range or something instead.

The armor debuff has somewhat a use, but it needs to be higher. Some WBs look for a gren engi with full onslaught that has the same effect except its 1050 armor reduction instead of the 800 armor reduction on the warlord set. If they buff it to 1050 its now as good as Onslaught at least. And it should be, its the end game set for a grenade engi.

As for turrets, I don't think its game breaking to let them have partial % aoe damage reduction. If your turret/daemon(magus) dies you lose a pretty good chunk of your damage because of the damage% buff. Grenade turret has a pretty good range on letting you keep the buff(think its around 100ft) but then it isn't close enough to the enemy to attack. The rifle turret you can place far back enough and be with it so I don't think that one has an issue. The flame turret should be tanky as hell being in the front line.
AA speed on warlord doesn't make sense, will be replacing it with dodge strikethrough for the phys rdps classes, similar to casters in that set.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
wraithghost

Post#9 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Great to hear about that change, what about the wep skill and armor dissolve which are also terrible for the top set for grenade spec.

teiloh

Post#10 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:22 am

Still think pets should be affected by group abilities, even if some of the buffs to them have to be toned down to compensate.