Warcrests

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Baaldr

Warcrests

Post#1 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:47 am

Hello! Let me start of by saying that I think the implementation of the warcrest system was great, and overall an awesome change to the game.

But now I think it could be time to have a look at it again, I propose to make warcrests account bound but faction locked.

Why? What would this change solve?

Well the game as it is requires tank/dps/heal to be playable, So alot of players especially in guilds just swap to whatever is needed for their group , often not what they want to play/need gear on.

I think this change would be good for making it more fun to fill different roles and thus easier to build better groups.
And if we keep the renown requirements it's not a problem that players will hit 40 on an alt and instantly buy max gear.
Last edited by Baaldr on Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
rrrutsss

Re: Warcrests

Post#2 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:55 am

I think it will promote people to farm warcrest whit the characters that they have and are OP and BiS so it will be unfair to any new comer or someone who is undergeared.
At the moment atleast if you want to gear a char you got to play it, but would be that u play whit your most OP character and farm everyone and then gear up your other characters you want.
And RR is so easy to get nowadays that you dont even notice when you get 80 RR

Gerggregsson

Post#3 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:18 am

rrrutsss wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:55 am I think it will promote people to farm warcrest whit the characters that they have and are OP and BiS so it will be unfair to any new comer or someone who is undergeared.
At the moment atleast if you want to gear a char you got to play it, but would be that u play whit your most OP character and farm everyone and then gear up your other characters you want.
And RR is so easy to get nowadays that you dont even notice when you get 80 RR
Fake news.
RR wasn't as "easy" to get nowadays like it was compared in the past due to both solo healing and oil nerfs.
Regardless, it's not "easy" currently either, unless you:
1. nolife the game (you dont have a full time job thats not wfh)
2. playing easy mode (overpopulated Order faction)
Especially people who play Order during NA will have a much easier and faster time increasing RR+ and getting crests compared to NA Destro who struggle in comparison due to their low pop in terms of rvr and forts (especially!).
3. have a premade of friends willing to help you in SC during weekend events.

For casual players, it takes long-term investment of time and effort to achieve the goal of having the entire server bear witness to your glory of rr80+.

Talladego

Post#4 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:04 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:55 am I think it will promote people to farm warcrest whit the characters that they have and are OP and BiS so it will be unfair to any new comer or someone who is undergeared.
I doubt this would be a realistic outcome if warcrests were made account bound.
One of the most common problems, at least in scenarios is the lack of tanks and healers, probably becuase more people enjoy playing dps.
If I were allowed to use my hard-earned warcrests on any of my toons I would gladly play tank or healer more than I play my dps.
Changing warcrests to be account bound would likely improve scenario class balance and reduce the frustration people feel with the whole pug vs premade issue.

Besides you would still have to play your toons to achieve high enough RR to actually use better gear so wether the crests are earned on another toon wouldn't make much difference.
rrrutsss wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:55 am And RR is so easy to get nowadays that you dont even notice when you get 80 RR
Can't say I agree with this at all.
My subjective feeling as a casual player is that both leveling and getting gear is significantly more time consuming today.
But that could be because the casual playstyle was more viable before, idk.