The information contained in this document is subject to revision.
* First and foremost: Don't Be A ****. This means no flaming, no trolling, no disruptive behaviour, and showing respect to other players and the staff.
* No Denial of Service attacks. Interference with the ability of other Return of Reckoning users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, through any means, is forbidden.
* No offensive, political, religious, vulgar, or racially charged nicknames. This also includes impersonating public figures. This is applies to both your forum account and any character names. Offensive is our definition, not yours. Rather than define a vast list of potentially offensive names, have some common sense and avoid anything that would cause others to take issue with your name.
* No use of racial slurs to be posted in game chat or on the forum This covers any form of discrimination or terms that could be perceived by the public as extremely offensive regardless of your justification of it.
* No ban evasion. Evading a ban by playing on another account will result in the evasion account being permanently banned. The same applies for allowing a banned player to use your account. Helping a banned player in any way will result in a sanction.
* No cheating. Don't use hacks, cheats and other illegitimate game modifications. Don't automate your gameplay by any means (macros, bots etc.) If your character is acting in the game, you MUST be able to respond to a GM if prompted. Don't use any addon which creates issues or allows access to exploits. Don't intentionally profit from an exploit carried out by another player. Exploiting or encouraging other people to exploit bugs and glitches that give you advantage ingame is prohibited. The staff has the right to neutralise any advantage gained by an exploit without reparation, even if an affected player was unaware of said advantage.
* No multiboxing. You are only allowed to control one character in the game at a time.
* No colluding with the enemy to farm XP, Renown, Influence or any other benefit.
* By playing the game you agree to notify staff of any and all bugs and exploits you discover or are made aware of, provided they are not already mentioned on the bugtracker.
* Do not use the forum or ingame chat to break the laws or promote breaking the laws of either your country of residence, the host country of the server (France), the United Kingdom, or the United States.
* Do not engage in slander/libel against the project on public third-party sites, intentionally damaging the reputation of the project will be investigated if we receive credible evidence of players doing so.
* Do not use the forum or ingame chat to spread explicit content like pornography or so-called "gore", or any illegal content.
* Making any kind of profit from this project is strictly forbidden.
* Skirting the letter of the law while violating the spirit may result in your account being suspended, temporarily or indefinitely.
* The Return of Reckoning team reserves the right to revoke access to the server for any and all reasons, or without stating a reason at all.
Rules for interacting with the Staff:
* The word of the staff is law. Staff instructions are to be followed to the letter, regardless of whether or not you agree with them or if you can find a rule that contradicts their instructions. Publicly arguing with a member of staff after they tell you to stop is considered harassment. If you feel that the member of staff in question is overreaching, use the appeal process described below.
* No impersonating members of the staff. Some members of staff can identify themselves ingame by switching on a tag ([GM], [Dev] or [DB]), or by using the staff-only [Staff] channel, and all of them can be identified on the forum by the different colour of their names. Pretending to be a member of staff is forbidden.
* Members of staff are all unpaid volunteers that do their best and invest a lot of time to bring you this project, at no cost, for your enjoyment. Therefore, when interacting with our staff you will treat them with the utmost respect. Failure to do so will result in a kick at best and being banned at worst. Accordingly, you will not:
- - Harass, flame or pester members of staff.
- - Patronize, argue with, demean or otherwise display contempt for members of staff, either publicly or in a private conversation with the member of staff, when they are acting in their duty as a staff member or regarding an action they have made as a staff member. No exceptions.
- - Waste staff time with false or frivolous bug or issue reports.
- - Fabricate or misrepresent any action made by a member of staff. This includes misrepresenting ban reasons. If you misrepresent the reason for a ban in a public space, or omit vital contextual information justifying the ban, your ban may be increased.
* Protection is also extended to members of the community who remind you of the rules, therefore:
- - Responding with arrogance towards ANY user who reminds you of a valid rule could result in any punishment you receive being increased. The staff will regard a warning issued by any player as fair warning that you could be punished as long as that rule is valid.
- - Harassing any member of the community over a legitimate report they have made about your or any other player's conduct will not be tolerated. Referring to a player as a "snitch", "rat", "brown-noser" or any similar concept will always result in punishment.
General forum and in-game chat rules:
* Do not share personal information. Whether yours or anyone else's, don't spread it here.
* No advertising or soliciting. Forum posts that violate this rule will be deleted on sight. Threads may be created for Twitch streams and similar. For anything else, check with a member of staff.
* No entitled posts or comments. This project is free, in its alpha stage, and is staffed by volunteers. Forum posts which display an entitled attitude will, at best, be deleted. Similar attitudes in in-game chat may result in chat access being revoked, or a temporary ban.
Forum specific rules:
* No +1, QFT or similar posts. Forum topics are a discussion, not a vote. If you cannot advance the discussion within a topic, then do not post in it.
* No double / multiple posts. If you have something to add, edit your previous post.
* No cross-posting. Post one topic in the forum for which the topic is best suited.
* No advertising or soliciting. Such posts will be deleted on sight. Threads may be created for Twitch streams and similar. For anything else, check with a member of staff.
* No necromancy. If a thread's last post was more than a month ago, do not post in it.
* No formatting abuse. Use of formatting, such as color and font size, within posts is to be restricted to where it is necessary to aid understanding or make a point. Posts made in a solid color in order to draw unjustified attention to the poster will be removed.
* Do not sign your posts. Any signature content goes in the signature space, as intended, where it can be hidden if an individual user so desires.
* The total height of any signature on this forum may not exceed 230 pixels. Please note that this does not refer to the image - it refers to the total vertical distance between the signature dividing bar and the bottom of your post. Violating signatures will be placed within spoiler tags.
* No posting past a lock. Once a member of staff indicates that a topic will be locked, the discussion therein is over unless the locking staff member indicates that a new topic may be made on the same subject. If you restart a discussion that was locked, action will be taken against you.
* No backseat moderating. Do not attempt to moderate other users. If you find a post in violation of the rules, report it. Do not indicate in a post that you have made such a report.
In-game chat specific rules:
* Finding a GM. Use /say .gmlist. If it says there's no GM online, then there's no GM flagged currently. You may use chat to ask if a GM is online, but do not spam repeatedly. If you don't receive a reply after several minutes, contact one via the forums.
* Do not use ingame chat to report bugs, that's what the bugtracker is for.
* We expect everyone to use the appropriate channels at all times. Failure to do so may result in a warning, and if you ignore the warning a moderator may revoke your access to chat, or temporarily exile you.
Following is a brief description of the purpose of the different chat channels:
- Advice (/ad)
This channel is to be used only for advice in the context of game help and support.
Advice is to be used for answering brief and direct questions. Any extended discussion on a topic should be moved to /3 or /6.
- Region chat (/1)
For discussions of matters specific to the current region you're in.
- General (/3)
The main chat, where everything game-related goes if it's not covered by any other channel.
- Trade (/4)
This channel is for any trades of any kind. These should not be put in any other channel.
- LFG (/5)
This channel handles recruitment matters of all kinds - be they group, warband or guild-related.
- Off-topic (/6)
For long, spammy discussions about matters not related to the game, to avoid cluttering General.
- Roleplay (/7)
For serious roleplaying only.
- Russian (/8)
For speaking to each other in Russian. This is the ONLY valid global chat for Russian language communications.
- Realm War Channels (/t1, /t2, /t3, /t4)
For discussion of matters specific to an individual tier of the game.
If you disagree with any disciplinary action taken by a member of staff, you should first contact the person in question by PMing them on the forum, and try to resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com
If you want to appeal a ban, you can use the ban appeal forum.