Recent Topics

Ads

slayer ???

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Crystalyst

Re: slayer ???

Post#11 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:37 am

-If you don't have ID up, you're not maximizing your damage

-Ideally you PS when you arent able to Spine crusher

- Be careful of dropping rage too much unless you're about to/are taking dmg, it gimps your dmg alot. Rampage isn't bad when first entering the fight or popping after you drop rage and are ready to re-engage, but as stated, if you're using mid fight, you hit like a little girl

- Slayers are the most group reliant class, you'll be quite frustrated not playing with one

-For maximum dmg, (always keep ID up), and if you can hit 3 people at once, then flurry (Unless you're single target focusing things down then with with PS/SC)

- slayers are quite weak in t3 since you can't get both heal debuff and ID

Ads
Dutchpower

Post#12 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Toldavf wrote:Used ID as a single target dot ignore the aoe part. ID is the best back loaded damage slayer has and the main reason their DPS is so high.
My Slayer is only lvl 25 but I feel like I'm hitting orcs with pool noodles.PS and RS still feel like they do way more damage. I hope ID will make the difference.
Crystalyst wrote:-If you don't have ID up, you're not maximizing your damage

-Ideally you PS when you arent able to Spine crusher

- Be careful of dropping rage too much unless you're about to/are taking dmg, it gimps your dmg alot. Rampage isn't bad when first entering the fight or popping after you drop rage and are ready to re-engage, but as stated, if you're using mid fight, you hit like a little girl

- Slayers are the most group reliant class, you'll be quite frustrated not playing with one

-For maximum dmg, (always keep ID up), and if you can hit 3 people at once, then flurry (Unless you're single target focusing things down then with with PS/SC)

- slayers are quite weak in t3 since you can't get both heal debuff and ID
Thanks for the advice, this helped a lot. I'll put PS to use more. Can't wait until I get to play around with ID.

Penril

Post#13 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Regarding Precarious Assault, i have a question (i don't play a Slayer, so enlighten me please).

It has no CD so, assuming the Slayer uses Power Through (yes yes, i know, let me finish), it can be used instead of PS while being Furious (gaining a 75% damage bonus instead of the usual 25%) giving him a little more damage. I guess it would only make sense in a Giantslayer/Trollslayer build (YES... I KNOW). Guess it can also be used with Violent Impacts.

I'm in no way saying this is a viable/good playstyle. As i said i don't play Slayer, but looking at their skills, this is like the ONLY reason i see to ever use Precarious Assault = take advantage of +75% damage while Furious by spamming the only core spammable finisher Slayer has. Then again, Spellbreaker would be way better for this.

edit: oh right, the question! Well not really a question... i was wondering what experienced/good Slayers think of this.

Khrum

Post#14 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Penril wrote:Regarding Precarious Assault, i have a question (i don't play a Slayer, so enlighten me please).

It has no CD so, assuming the Slayer uses Power Through (yes yes, i know, let me finish), it can be used instead of PS while being Furious (gaining a 75% damage bonus instead of the usual 25%) giving him a little more damage. I guess it would only make sense in a Giantslayer/Trollslayer build (YES... I KNOW). Guess it can also be used with Violent Impacts.

I'm in no way saying this is a viable/good playstyle. As i said i don't play Slayer, but looking at their skills, this is like the ONLY reason i see to ever use Precarious Assault = take advantage of +75% damage while Furious by spamming the only core spammable finisher Slayer has. Then again, Spellbreaker would be way better for this.

edit: oh right, the question! Well not really a question... i was wondering what experienced/good Slayers think of this.
You cant spam finishers as is removing your rage at least if you not equip tactic preventing losing rage but that come with cost of being much more squishy
* Khruumm - IB * Rhunor - RP * Khrumka - BW * Voltimor - Sorcerer * Tecet - Zealot * Raid leader of Duraz Tarag. Member of 7th Legion Guild.

Penril

Post#15 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Yeah... which is why i mentioned Power Through and Violent Impacts... :roll:

Meh. I was simply trying to find a use for Precarious Assault. But i don't care that much about Slayers tbh :P

Toldavf

Post#16 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:46 pm

It works for your ability damage sure but don't forget AA and backlpad like ID. If you aren't in the red your damage is lower then it should be
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Penril

Post#17 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Again...

1) I said "Giantslayer/Trollslayer spec". Therefore, no ID.
2) I acknowledged the fact that this spec is not the best for Slayer (maybe it sucks or it isn't even viable; that's not what i'm discussing since i don't play a Slayer).
3) I mentioned Power Through. Therefore, you WILL be in the red eventually, no matter how many finishers you use.

I only wanted to see if i could find one reason, one spec, ANYTHING where Precarious Assault could be used. :P

Jaycub

Post#18 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:04 pm

ID also makes slayer basically immune to challenge, which is pretty handy dandy if you ask me :^)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Gachimuchi

Post#19 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Do no slayers use Devastate?
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Lileldys

Post#20 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Penril wrote:Regarding Precarious Assault, i have a question (i don't play a Slayer, so enlighten me please).

For that playstyle, Spellbreaker has higher base damage, and removes absorbs, and doesn't make you 5% more likely to be crit. There isn't really much to it.
Violent Impacts isn't a great tactic, slayer has a lot better. Just throw axe and kite if you want rage.

It's a great pug stomping build, but can feel a bit squishy in a 6man enviroment, which is why they just usually go for ID/SL. Good damage, with rage drop, and SL which is good pressure or reduced pressure.