Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Order Tanks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Balancing Order Tanks

Post#31 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:41 pm

EDIT: Didn't see the mod post. Whatever, chosen are too good, everyone knows it

@Toldavf I agree, Ironbreaker is very well designed and balanced. My favorite class in game
Last edited by GodlessCrom on Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
warislove

Post#32 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:42 pm

thats ok Netherul but just dont listen to ppl that seem to be touched innapropriatelly by chosen/kotbs IRL :)

Sigimund

Post#33 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:45 pm

IB seems to be slipping a bit in the current meta. Is it as simple as offence > defence at these low gear levels?

TenTonHammer

Post#34 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Toldavf wrote:I would say blorc reached m4 fastest. Not that it really matters for the sake of this increasingly off topic debate.
I noticed that a bit, I think it's because Bo's pump is block based and has tactics that boost block %

Toldavf

Post#35 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Sigimund wrote:IB seems to be slipping a bit in the current meta. Is it as simple as offence > defence at these low gear levels?
That and sm is currently providing enough dps to outway the iron breakers utility. That may change after the procs are changed and after gear becomes better.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#36 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:57 pm

warislove wrote:thats ok Netherul but just dont listen to ppl that seem to be touched innapropriatelly by chosen/kotbs IRL :)
Its fine man, I have a chosen here and I had one on live and they were are are OP :D

Tesq

Post#37 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:18 pm

if any want a realm very soft breackdown for tanks around buff/debuff + CC

1-BO/KOBS
Bo have access to 3 differente aoe cc (snare, KB, Silence) on those only silence (M3) have a CD, which is the first error since SM snare (m2) and Bg snare cannot be spam,( in fact BG have kd with 1 min CD (M2). Add stat steal x 7 stats.
Kobs same situation of BO; 3 aoe cc (aoe root 9 target (M3), aoe snare, stag), of these only the stag and the M3 have a CD. Snare CD can be removed bring SM + add crit increase for the party. The M3 instead root for 5 sec as the BO silence root for 10 sec......

2-chosen/SM
they are basically complementary for BO/kobs resiste aura and moral tactic+ stag in the first place / cd decrease + stat steal for the second one

3/4-IB/BG
they have mixed buff/debuff and support a max on pair in single case with other tanks but they do not sinergy well with both particulary the BG have durability only by trade it for utility. IB dependently from the set up can be better pick than a SM. (with mixed ST set up)

BO+chosen and kobs+sm have all/most tools the realms tanks can offer, which also comprend a super punt every 10 sec. In the specific case SM /chosen cannot be buff due their high dps while be totally def spec but they are complementary tanks and not main tanks the main tanks are BO/kobs just because they perma snare groups of ppl which allow to kite and remain alive more efficently. Also cc are bad thinked aoe CC that provide a immunity should be all spamable aka BO/SM KB and chosen/kobs stag; CC that do not provide a immunity should not aka BG/IB/BO/KObs snares; some respect this (some are fored to respect 1 min CD cos they are morales) some do not.
Kobs/Bo break this rule in several points and also the duration or the value fo some effects are out of the line on the kobs.

Most of chosen tools are overrated or are alredy being nerfed the first being the wound debuff which end being parry most of time. The second is the cripple strike tactic which with order staking crit reduction and better set will became what is it, a a pve or 2h tactic; it requrie you to give too many tactis to be a fair trade off since a challenge will results in the same way( and since they have to attack you for remove the challange if you position well and they are focussing another ppl instead you then every tank can do that) Then we have stag, it's a gap closer and a interrupt if you have the luck to have enemy healers near so you can interrupt the heals for 3 sec while your team mates deliver the killing blow (unrealistic, range should be increase and anyway the same goes for kobs which also have more wonderfull tools than you the first being a spamable snare with a sm). The aoe silence chosen have is relegated to bw only becuase you need to disrupt and no other rdps are magic caster on order side and the new am/sh meccanic allow you to ingore some disrupt %. And it would not make it relevant anyway. AP for x auras tactic was nerfed pre t4 access which damaged only chosen since kobs also have ap regen from regen aura and armor buff in addition to all other chosen's shared tools. Chosen moral tactic was nerfed with all other moral buff stuff in game i think exept for shammy moral boost one.
Idk why ppl keep saying chosen are op they are either playing with no BO in the party or have very low magic resistences. Chosen and sm are the offensive magic tanks and atm they are only complementary to KObs/BO that's all. Due to all speed proc in live and the the nerfed AP tactic they were but then this wasn't the case here.

if chosen/kobs resistence aura make worst shammy/am buff then someone should thinkg that if they would be ok and sufficent noone would take chosen/kobs in first place, which mean either ppl are dumb or thoese low values and removable buff are crap. If they would at least have the same value it would be a little better.

IB/chosen/SM need a rebalance and remove of the useless crap; KOBS/BO need a nerf and BG need a economy buff
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

porkstar

Post#38 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:42 pm

saupreusse wrote:
warislove wrote:even though i dont play wp/dok/engi/magus/bg i dont mind the buffs they received

what i remember form live (didnt play tank than) there were very good IBs and BGs that didnt whine about their class being crappy and the grps they played in kotbs/chosen warent mandatory coz they knew how to play the class and were awesome doing it

so in a way IB/BG are tougher to play bcs the build up thing...that equals more skilled players to play those classes, which is a win maybe?....you can nerf chsens/kotbs all you like but the only way you will see more ppl taking bg/ib is if u nerf "op" tanks to the point that its unplayable
IB is an awesome tank with much higher skill cap than KOTBS. Knight and Chosen are simply to simple while giving awesome grp utility by just being there. they dont even need to attack to have their auras up buffing and debuffing everyone in there sight.
Would it be possible to start with weaker auras and have them grow stronger the more health the chosen/kotb is missing? Healers could elect to ride the line on the chosen's/kotb health. Optimal health would be 30% or so which would make them possibly vulnerable to burst as a downside.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ads
Alex1905

Post#39 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:06 pm

if you will nerf chosen don't forget pls chosen need some resist debuff like sm has

Kali14
Banned

Post#40 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Let's do the same thing what with the slayer, shatter limbs.

If the aura affects one person has no effect. If the two yields only +50 when on three, only + 75, only if the four + 100 etc. I think this is great a idea.