Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Artwork
Posts: 17

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#11 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 am

Completely agree with the OP - please remove the restriction at level 16. Since the point of the game is to level through PvP, let there be some actual incentive to do just that. As it stands now, yes - you get a buff at lower levels, but playing with fewer tactics, fewer class abilities, and fewer RR points still makes many classes chew toys when they hit T2-4. This wouldn't cure that (nor should it - there should always be a reward for putting time into a character), but it would make leveling more palatable for new players and alts alike.

As to adamthelc's point, I can only comment on NA time (since that's all I've been able to play over the past few weeks), but worrying about SC effects between T1 and T4 isn't really abuse-worthy, as SCs almost never pop. Not sure how it would affect Euro play, but I'm guessing that even there, with whatever SC pops still exist, it would be a very minor problem most of the time.

Ads
User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 274

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#12 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am

Ramasee wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 am
Except you already get an insane amount of stats and benefits for being bolstered up to level 48.

When you get to T+, you are dying because gear is not kept up to date (bolster is based on gear towards level), and the fact that you have less tactic slots, no skill points, and not even half your toolkit.
Any insane amount of stats thru bolster cannot completely close the gap when lvl 16 entering t4 rvr enviroment. 1 tactic slot, 16 renown points to spent, 3 mastery points to spent and lack of mandatory skills does huge disadvantage when You have to face lvl 40s rr 70+ wearing full endgame gear and specs. Investment of 26 renovn points insted of 16 doesnt look as a big deal, but 10 renovn points mean +12% parry or +12% dodge/disrubt which can help You a bit to survive.
Swordmaster- Hajzl r40rr5x
Knight of the blazing sun - Valdstein r4rr5x
Witch hunter - Vevoda r40rr5x
Slayer - Mjolnyr r40rr6x

Destro:
retired for now


Image

User avatar
Darks63
Posts: 396

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#13 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm

As long as its restricted to R16 I don't see an issue with it. The absolute best you could be at R16 would be RR31 and that is 15 more points to spent not a huge game changer. When it comes to the bolster gear matters more anyway.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

User avatar
Ramasee
Posts: 369

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#14 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Wdova wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am
Ramasee wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 am
Except you already get an insane amount of stats and benefits for being bolstered up to level 48.

When you get to T+, you are dying because gear is not kept up to date (bolster is based on gear towards level), and the fact that you have less tactic slots, no skill points, and not even half your toolkit.
Any insane amount of stats thru bolster cannot completely close the gap when lvl 16 entering t4 rvr enviroment. 1 tactic slot, 16 renown points to spent, 3 mastery points to spent and lack of mandatory skills does huge disadvantage when You have to face lvl 40s rr 70+ wearing full endgame gear and specs. Investment of 26 renovn points insted of 16 doesnt look as a big deal, but 10 renovn points mean +12% parry or +12% dodge/disrubt which can help You a bit to survive.
"No amount of stats can close this gap. I want to use more of my renown points so that I can get more stats in order to close this gap." That is what your statement boils down to. Level 16s should not be competitive against r40/40+. You should (and do) have a chance against poorly played r40s, but with equal skill you will get creamed. Put some time into your toons. Also its not like getting to r40 takes any amount of time.

Image
And this toon has done about 5? or so warband events since he hit r40.
Spreadsheet that has many formulas reduced to easy to use inputs. -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 294

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#15 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 am

Is the SS showing time to 40? Marauder has to be one of the easier/faster classes to level on. But you are right it's not that hard to get 40 real quick if you want to.

User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 274

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#16 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:36 am

Ramasee wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:14 pm
Wdova wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am
Ramasee wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 am
Except you already get an insane amount of stats and benefits for being bolstered up to level 48.

When you get to T+, you are dying because gear is not kept up to date (bolster is based on gear towards level), and the fact that you have less tactic slots, no skill points, and not even half your toolkit.
Any insane amount of stats thru bolster cannot completely close the gap when lvl 16 entering t4 rvr enviroment. 1 tactic slot, 16 renown points to spent, 3 mastery points to spent and lack of mandatory skills does huge disadvantage when You have to face lvl 40s rr 70+ wearing full endgame gear and specs. Investment of 26 renovn points insted of 16 doesnt look as a big deal, but 10 renovn points mean +12% parry or +12% dodge/disrubt which can help You a bit to survive.
"No amount of stats can close this gap. I want to use more of my renown points so that I can get more stats in order to close this gap." That is what your statement boils down to. Level 16s should not be competitive against r40/40+. You should (and do) have a chance against poorly played r40s, but with equal skill you will get creamed. Put some time into your toons. Also its not like getting to r40 takes any amount of time.

Image
And this toon has done about 5? or so warband events since he hit r40.
To be honest its not about me. I have 5 tons lvl 40. As I level another alts now, I can feel the pain and flustration of new players and lowbies and I understand , why some new players just quit before they even reach lvl 40.
My opinion is that this restriction making lowbies even lowbier, than they should be and I dont see any single argument why this restriction should stay after tiers merging.
Swordmaster- Hajzl r40rr5x
Knight of the blazing sun - Valdstein r4rr5x
Witch hunter - Vevoda r40rr5x
Slayer - Mjolnyr r40rr6x

Destro:
retired for now


Image

mogt
Legacy RR80
Posts: 302

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#17 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:04 am

no, the restriction make dont lowbier, that is very simple, to lvl their char, you need members, to play together and not just doing solo or duo in pvp, it is a process to reach lvl 40, you can going to lvl 40 instantly or something, and this restriction is fine, with a lvl 16 you are better as a lvl 16 rr40 in the pvp. you get a bolster to lvl 48 and all the staats, increased, stop crying and the second important thing is, learn to play the character what you play,that is importanter as more rr spend or other things

User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 274

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#18 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:05 pm

mogt wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:04 am
no, the restriction make dont lowbier, that is very simple, to lvl their char, you need members, to play together and not just doing solo or duo in pvp, it is a process to reach lvl 40, you can going to lvl 40 instantly or something, and this restriction is fine, with a lvl 16 you are better as a lvl 16 rr40 in the pvp. you get a bolster to lvl 48 and all the staats, increased, stop crying and the second important thing is, learn to play the character what you play,that is importanter as more rr spend or other things
Again and for the last time. It is not about me. I am talking for the lowbies. If majority of players think, that this restriction is fine and has it sence, ok. We have democracy. I am pointing at the old mechanic which was implemented long time ago when it has its sence and should be revisited now in the current state of the game.
Swordmaster- Hajzl r40rr5x
Knight of the blazing sun - Valdstein r4rr5x
Witch hunter - Vevoda r40rr5x
Slayer - Mjolnyr r40rr6x

Destro:
retired for now


Image

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 2869

Re: Remove renown restriction past lvl 15

Post#19 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm

When I think about your idea I have to agree and disagree at the same time, because you have to look at sc and rvr together.
Numbers are just an example.


For experienced people who know how to pvp and gear appropriately for their rank it would be an improvement for the general situation, albeit I don't think it is required. In rvr the gap to r40 high rr chars will be smaller.
In sc the power levels between a r16 rr25 with bolster and a r30 rr45 are not that big.

Now look at bad geared pve heavy newbies who are r16 rr16 or even lower.
In rvr their situation is similar to today, as an inexperienced player you have a bad time, because you don't use bolster to maximum effect, so r40 players are near unkillable.
In sc the situation would be worse than today, because r16 rr16 would face r16 rr25 to r30 rr45 players, who can now use their rr advantage with removed caps.

To make it short, new players will have a harder time and experienced players will have it easier in rvr and sc.
Dying is no option.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests