Recent Topics

Ads

Why?

Let's talk about... everything else
Yardy

Re: Why?

Post#41 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 am

Bowldancer wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:11 pm
Raggaz wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 pm T1 is better than T2/4. Why? Because there is more fighting in T1 than t2/4.
How does that make any sense?
I have eight 40s, 5 more almost there.
So i have done the journey quite a lot.
And i am always glad when i finally made it out of T1.
I think T1 needs a revamp and T2+ is almost spot on especially after the merge.
Raggaz wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 pm 1. Why did you make RvR an idle no fight game?
sitting on BOs for endless hours.
That is T1 for me.
I'm the same, I can't wait to get outta T1, I also have 8 level 40 toons, T1 is only better for some people
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#42 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 am

Yardy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 am
I'm the same, I can't wait to get outta T1, I also have 8 level 40 toons, T1 is only better for some people

Who doesn't like griefing / farming players that just joined the game and ruin their experience, eh?

mogt

Post#43 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 am

the problem is what i see most players think, ROR is a pvp game that is false, Warhammer was ever a combination between pve and pvp and the rvr style in t2 - t4 is very good, you need many factors to lock the zone, if the players know that (and not doing xrealming), many players crying zerg here zerg there, but, if many use the head, the teamplay and coordination between the wb leaders are important. the devs try to do their best.

why many players say, t1 is better, i know it, because their is no keep or other buildings in the rvr lake, their a just players and killing each other over hours, without use their heads, in t1 you need a minium of strategy but is that right with the minium, if the old players know, how the city siege was?, for the fortress and city siege had need big strategy and communication, and the teamplay was important, this game is very good, but many players are in the self egoistic mode, and that is the faulse way, the players killing this game and not the dvs, they do their job and iam happy, that we can play this game.

teamplay between all destros are important, the order players are the enemy, and we as destro must doing all,that they no attack the keep, or in the future our fotress lord or siege lord, that is important and that can we do, if we all play togehter with strategy and communication and teamplay,

@ team: all doing a very good job, and iam happy, for playing this game

Eathisword

Post#44 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Strange that not one person mentionned the campaign. One of the thing thatdrives the entire RvR thing on live. People wanted to push for city / forts.

This was opening the need to split between zones to protect at least 2 pairings. It was giving meaning to the zone push, cause #1 city fight could be epic. #2 if they were not, they were a massive freemown and gear boost.

Othher than that, I tend to agree that one
thing that was driving great movements in zones was Resources carriers. Tying money quests or medallions quest or rare gear quest to them could be a good carrot to make people move and incentivize smaller groups to participate more.

So to answer OP: why? Because we are still only playing half the game.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Yardy

Post#45 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 am
Yardy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 am

Who doesn't like griefing / farming players that just joined the game and ruin their experience, eh?
I'm usually the one getting farmed I think haha
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Dajciekrwi

Post#46 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 am

Eathisword wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 pm Strange that not one person mentionned the campaign. One of the thing thatdrives the entire RvR thing on live. People wanted to push for city / forts.

This was opening the need to split between zones to protect at least 2 pairings. It was giving meaning to the zone push, cause #1 city fight could be epic. #2 if they were not, they were a massive freemown and gear boost.

Othher than that, I tend to agree that one
thing that was driving great movements in zones was Resources carriers. Tying money quests or medallions quest or rare gear quest to them could be a good carrot to make people move and incentivize smaller groups to participate more.

So to answer OP: why? Because we are still only playing half the game.
[/quote
100% true and right. We need some kind of FINAL TARGET to conquer. And yes we have nice, solid, but still half of the game

Tesq

Post#47 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 pm

To be honest i start to think the problems are keeps itself.

Yesterday i quit because what we had in front of us would had been 15 min or more of keep of mindless bashing, i got more pleasure in do a gunbad run with some random ppl on my rr40 choppa even with bigged pq counters and rewards.

When the fight is in open ground is more dynamoc and fun. Also multiple objective help by keep move around idk maybe keeps need a Redefinition from scratch.

Flags pre chance to attack keep works pretty well. Keep function instead is flaw, im not refering to how keep meccanic work but rather more to the root of the keep function which even with ror changes always remained the same.

In particular the dualism between warcamps and keep.

Think about how worked lotd with wc assault.
When the game decide where the keep is and give the benefith and considere it as preferable "flag".

As i said once to yali the system we have right know with ports on flag and these meccanocs is similar to star wars battlefront(ps2) and for that type of pvp at objective work pretty well. But there are aswell a lot of differences and additional meccanic that star wars game didn't had.

There has been a lot of comments in fact on keeps at the time and the second part of the change that had to come to orvr will andress at those maybe. Im geniuly curious in fact for those changes much more than any balance patcth which seems the go to talk about for most ppl.

@yali, relase some hint? Please 😀

Hargrim
Developer

Post#48 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:48 pm

There is some other part of orvr to be released? The only thing that will be changed for now is that flags do not go neutral when last player wanders away from it for two minutes and some small things for T1.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#49 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm

As Hargrim said, some little changes about BO system will come soon (?). And general ORvR rework will be finished.

It doesn't mean we will make some tweak and improvments later here and there, but we must think and focus about next part of the ORvR : Fortresses / Capitals.

About BO, -ideally- here is planned change :

When a BO is left, it will continu to produce resource to rank up for 2 minutes. Then, it will become neutral. During this period, if possible (devs) portal will be desactivated, meaning to keep a portal open, you will need atleast 1 player keeping the BO.

Darks63

Post#50 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm not looking forward to cities and forts myself. With how adverse most of the population is currently to anything requiring effort I imagine both cities and forts will be a nightmare.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.