Recent Topics

Ads

Guard Change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anrix
Posts: 47

Guard Change

Post#1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Hello,

With 6v6 arena guard swapping is more important than it has even been. However due to the toggling nature of guard, swapping feels clunky and slow. Guard swapping requires toggling off first before switching to another person. Is there anyway we can make swapping guard a one click ability, so that it is automatically untoggles on the last guarded player and applies to the new target with just one press?

Thank you

Ads
ziomek
Posts: 48

Re: Guard Change

Post#2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:26 pm

this will make ppl and groups even harder to kill, will long out pvp 10x more, guard need to have some counterplay (slow swaps) that can be exploited by enemy otherwise it is too powerful & no1 die

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 1102

Re: Guard Change

Post#3 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Good guard swaps is one thing that separates good and bad tanks. There’s tons of little things you can do to make your swaps faster/more efficient such as already having your next guard selected (typically the other DPS), setting up enemy to show important debuffs so you know who’s going to be targeted next, just watch physically where people position to know who they’re attempting a go at, etc, etc. Plus in the current climate of solo ranked there’s not a whole lot of fast swaps, coordinated punts, or anything you see in a real 6v6 that makes tanking as taxing as it should be.
<Montague><Capulet>

anrix
Posts: 47

Re: Guard Change

Post#4 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Sorry, this has nothing to do with skill so don't make that argument. This is a quality of life change. Untoggling does not incur a global cooldown. As I said, the controls are clunky because you have to hit the button twice.

User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: Guard Change

Post#5 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:22 pm

anrix wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 pm
Sorry, this has nothing to do with skill so don't make that argument. This is a quality of life change. Untoggling does not incur a global cooldown. As I said, the controls are clunky because you have to hit the button twice.
Like every stance mechanic of the game. I see no difference between that and stance-dancing of SWs or covenant switching of DoKs. If you want that extra skilled point, you have to work for it. Main difference is that you only need to work with 1 button instead of with 3 like most other classes have. If you think that is easier, I kindly invite you to try stance-dancing, in example.
Spoiler:

MedV
Posts: 175

Re: Guard Change

Post#6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Ototo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:22 pm
anrix wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 pm
Sorry, this has nothing to do with skill so don't make that argument. This is a quality of life change. Untoggling does not incur a global cooldown. As I said, the controls are clunky because you have to hit the button twice.
Like every stance mechanic of the game. I see no difference between that and stance-dancing of SWs or covenant switching of DoKs. If you want that extra skilled point, you have to work for it. Main difference is that you only need to work with 1 button instead of with 3 like most other classes have. If you think that is easier, I kindly invite you to try stance-dancing, in example.
Stance dancing for Mara and SW take one click. OP is asking to make guard swap the same as stance dancing for the other classes. Your argument makes 0 sense.
Honestly too many to count

desizt
Posts: 101

Re: Guard Change

Post#7 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:54 pm

The guard swap delay really does separate the reactive tanks from proactive tanks.

A good tank should be able to anticipate the upcoming burst to the teammate simply by having awareness of the playfield. A worse-mediocre tank would react to the "group frames".

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1594
Contact:

Re: Guard Change

Post#8 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:57 pm

The problem is highlighted when there is server lag, it is very easy to end up haveing toggle on / off out of sync meaning you end up in a situation that you don’t get the feedback that guard is up or not

Ads
Warlogic
Posts: 15

Re: Guard Change

Post#9 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:44 pm

I agree with almost everything said in this thread from both sides. A QoL change for guard would be much welcomed, even if it didn't speed the process up. There are too many times due to server lag or other factors that guard either doesn't turn off, or doesn't engage when you want it to.

I propose that guard still takes the ~1-2 seconds to apply to new target, thus requiring the same foresight that it takes now to truly make it shine, but at the click of one button/one interaction in order to improve QoL.
Solarfury - KotBS // Warlogic - WE
Aresenyo - BW // Warlogical - ZEA
Warlogy - WL // Moonfury - SORC
Anastass - AM // Warhulk - BO

Player Level: Huge noob

User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: Guard Change

Post#10 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:46 pm

MedV wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:32 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:22 pm
anrix wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 pm
Sorry, this has nothing to do with skill so don't make that argument. This is a quality of life change. Untoggling does not incur a global cooldown. As I said, the controls are clunky because you have to hit the button twice.
Like every stance mechanic of the game. I see no difference between that and stance-dancing of SWs or covenant switching of DoKs. If you want that extra skilled point, you have to work for it. Main difference is that you only need to work with 1 button instead of with 3 like most other classes have. If you think that is easier, I kindly invite you to try stance-dancing, in example.
Stance dancing for Mara and SW take one click. OP is asking to make guard swap the same as stance dancing for the other classes. Your argument makes 0 sense.
Not true. It's 2 click: One for the stance change, other for the skill that you want to perform. Exactly the same amount of clicks. I presume that you either don't stance-dance too much, or that you do it for extended periods of time. This situation is comparable only if you are constantly trying to take advantage of it, same as switching guard has the same goal, or moving fast to snare covenant b4 dropping frontal AoEs in DoKs, in example.

EDIT: It was incredibly laconic and unclear the 1st time.
Spoiler:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests