Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orcs 2 weeks after "N" day

Let's talk about... everything else
tazdingo

Re: Black Orcs 2 weeks after "N" day

Post#31 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 am

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:42 am You want a 3rd punt so BO, SH and Zealot can play pinball?

i do now yes

also it's always sad to see partisan posting for one realm or another rather than caring about overall health of server. BO has lost a LOT since live in the name of balance, much of which i actually agree with, but the result is that there is nothing left to play with. the class has no identity and is just flat out -boring- right now. many ppl already shun BG for low group utility and being difficult to play, chosen already pretty much plays itself and there's a risk you will see ppl dropping BO

look at lfg channel, it's tanks tanks tanks. why? nobody wants to play them. it's all fine saying "you can still guard, challenge and cc, stop whining ur still a tank,"... well nobody wants to put effort to lvl a class if playing it feels like they're clocking in for a shift at work. BO has had all of its toys taken away and i think ppl who geared them are rightly looking at them thinking "well wtf do i do now?"

i'm sure order has similar worries but i don't have any geared order chars, recently lvled a knight and was doing a loooot of solo tanking in the mids and getting several unsolicited guild invites on the sole virtue of being a knight with a functioning keyboard...

Ads
Spellbound

Post#32 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:39 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 am
Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:42 am You want a 3rd punt so BO, SH and Zealot can play pinball?

i do now yes

also it's always sad to see partisan posting for one realm or another rather than caring about overall health of server. BO has lost a LOT since live in the name of balance, much of which i actually agree with, but the result is that there is nothing left to play with. the class has no identity and is just flat out -boring- right now. many ppl already shun BG for low group utility and being difficult to play, chosen already pretty much plays itself and there's a risk you will see ppl dropping BO

look at lfg channel, it's tanks tanks tanks. why? nobody wants to play them. it's all fine saying "you can still guard, challenge and cc, stop whining ur still a tank,"... well nobody wants to put effort to lvl a class if playing it feels like they're clocking in for a shift at work. BO has had all of its toys taken away and i think ppl who geared them are rightly looking at them thinking "well wtf do i do now?"

i'm sure order has similar worries but i don't have any geared order chars, recently lvled a knight and was doing a loooot of solo tanking in the mids and getting several unsolicited guild invites on the sole virtue of being a knight with a functioning keyboard...
Nobodies Discord and few other Discords literally called BO the best Destro tank to roll, or using the term "god mode" tank. Removing just CDR didn't change them from "god mode" to nothing. They still have good abilities. It's not about partisan posting, it's your partisan eyes that immediately see that. I care about the balance for both realms and point was not adding a 3rd no-immunity punt to one realm when two of them have already been a topic.

tazdingo

Post#33 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:39 pm

i do now yes

Nobodies Discord and few other Discords literally called BO the best Destro tank to roll, or using the term "god mode" tank. Removing just CDR didn't change them from "god mode" to nothing. They still have good abilities. It's not about partisan posting, it's your partisan eyes that immediately see that. I care about the balance for both realms and point was not adding a 3rd no-immunity punt to one realm when two of them have already been a topic.

i have never disagreed with removing cdr, it's more a observation of something that's been going on for a very long time. with tanks often feeling like the most impactful and oppressive archetype they are the most nerfed when compared to live. this is fine, but those nerfs mean that many tanks have lost many if not all of the interesting and unique tools that actually made them fun to play

yes some ppl will say "i'm fine just being a guardbot and i get enjoyment just from protecting my wb" and i get it, i think all tank mains feel that, but there has to be something else, some special tricks that your class that you want to master. otherwise it's just the same class with slightly different buffs and slightly different cc. this is mostly seen with tank 13pts which are so watered down and castrated that it's hard to get excited about putting the work into any build rn

- i also wasn't responding to you specifically about being partisan i just want to play pinball with dorfs

Hazak

Post#34 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Duukar wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:37 am There is no unique "feel" to Blork other than the clunky stance mechanic that requires Plan B to even be playable.
Stopped reading after this.

Vri

Post#35 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:05 am

After reading all this...do you guys own a mouse with more than two buttons ?
Last edited by Vri on Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paxsanarion

Post#36 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm
i have never disagreed with removing cdr, it's more a observation of something that's been going on for a very long time. with tanks often feeling like the most impactful and oppressive archetype they are the most nerfed when compared to live. this is fine, but those nerfs mean that many tanks have lost many if not all of the interesting and unique tools that actually made them fun to play

yes some ppl will say "i'm fine just being a guardbot and i get enjoyment just from protecting my wb" and i get it, i think all tank mains feel that, but there has to be something else, some special tricks that your class that you want to master. otherwise it's just the same class with slightly different buffs and slightly different cc. this is mostly seen with tank 13pts which are so watered down and castrated that it's hard to get excited about putting the work into any build rn
I have only ever played Order Tanks and I certainly hope each tank will retain something....or perhaps many things that make each one unique and interesting.

aa91837

Post#37 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:20 am

>but BO still good tank

suuuure

Nobody on the broken noob class

Duukar

Post#38 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:09 am

Hazak wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 pm
Duukar wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:37 am There is no unique "feel" to Blork other than the clunky stance mechanic that requires Plan B to even be playable.
This is very confusing. Do you have a problem or what? You don’t think Plan B makes the clunky stance mechanic more bearable? Do you think the stance mechanic is a good thing? You definitely don’t pay a Blork or SM.

Ads
Duukar

Post#39 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:14 am

Vri wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:05 am After reading all this...do you guys on a mouse with more than two buttons ?
My mouse has 5 buttons and 3 of them are bound with shift modifiers.

I have 32 key binds I regularly use with Plan B. It was 30 with nerf buttons. Not counting mounting.

Do you even play a Blork? Clunky is understated. On demand punts and KDs from other tanks are WAY better.

Seriously the dregs of order fan boys coming in here to to keep Blorks down is cringe worthy.

Hazak

Post#40 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:19 am

Duukar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:09 am
Hazak wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 pm
This is very confusing. Do you have a problem or what? You don’t think Plan B makes the clunky stance mechanic more bearable? Do you think the stance mechanic is a good thing? You definitely don’t pay a Blork or SM.
Main is a rr83 SM. Have never ever used NB or plan B. If you *need* addons to play your class, you lose all credibility. Cute rant though.
Clearer?