Recent Topics

Ads

Prohibit high RR players from entering pug sc

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Valarion

Prohibit high RR players from entering pug sc

Post#1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:12 pm

The current pug sc mechanic is fantastic but can of course be further improved.

Setting a renown cutoff preventing high RR players from joining the pug sc would be helpful to not only low RR or undergeared players, but new players to RoR. From a coding perspective, I suspect this might even be easy to implement?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Meliannia

Re: Prohibit high RR players from entering pug sc

Post#2 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:25 pm

PuG scen works fine as paint, one of the few things that need no changes imo
is prolly the most fun chilled pvp in game. its solo or with a mate,
its also usually ekrund or nordenwatch so both teams are guaranteed points and renown
u dont get 500-0 37kilsl to 0 stomps in the pug scen, matches are half the time close and 500-400 or closer and can go down to the ;ast base cap, base hold or 1 kill.
it's also a nice break from the weekend event scen of its king of the hill and full of double premades

only issue that does ruin it is when 6 rank 80 to 99 players all 'strangely' appear at the same time from the same guild and stomp it, which to be fair is a rare occurrence maybe once a month only.

'Swords In The Wind."

The Mel.

mogt

Post#3 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:32 pm

the problem is, the playerbase must l2p, that is the key word

Kpi

Post#4 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:45 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:12 pm The current pug sc mechanic is fantastic but can of course be further improved.

Setting a renown cutoff preventing high RR players from joining the pug sc would be helpful to not only low RR or undergeared players, but new players to RoR. From a coding perspective, I suspect this might even be easy to implement?
Is PUG SC, not a low level SC.

Sometimes, the High level players play alone too
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sulorie

Post#5 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 am

Kpi wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:45 pm
Valarion wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:12 pm The current pug sc mechanic is fantastic but can of course be further improved.

Is PUG SC, not a low level SC.

Sometimes, the High level players play alone too
I agree and this learning argument is so overused. If people don't rush to 40, they have a lot time in midtier with lowlvl sc to learn stuff. Why would people e.g. learn to use guard at r40 or in general need a "protected" space at max lvl. It's more like the learning process is dragged out far beyond r40, because it's not happening at lower tiers for various reasons.
New players should have to learn basics before they even encounter high rr chars.
Dying is no option.

Talladego

Post#6 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:03 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 am I agree and this learning argument is so overused. If people don't rush to 40, they have a lot time in midtier with lowlvl sc to learn stuff. Why would people e.g. learn to use guard at r40 or in general need a "protected" space at max lvl. It's more like the learning process is dragged out far beyond r40, because it's not happening at lower tiers for various reasons.
New players should have to learn basics before they even encounter high rr chars.
Maybe the T4 scenario bracket should be locked until r40/rr50 that way players would be more prepared to face all the rr100 full sov players.

Helwer

Post#7 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:13 am

80 was the base of that game from the beginning. There is literally no advantage being rr100 except expierience and skins/colours.

Nowadays there were some post that want to lower rr80 gear, now prohibit from PUG (!) SCen. Come on guys, what you want to tell these players to go on with their char and not quit the game if you do so. The better your progress, the less you are allowed to do and get no rewards? Go for it and don´t whine every 2nd day on the forum. It will hopefully not help.

Next is rr80 may not group up as organized group/wb in RvR or what you want exactly?

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:17 am

Yeah mate I don't think you will be having a much better time dealing with my non sov 70rr engi over my bis one.

It's like that guy said it's basically 90% about learning to play. You don't hold others accountable for your lack of xyz, do the homework and you'll be all g.

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#9 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:27 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 am I agree and this learning argument is so overused. If people don't rush to 40, they have a lot time in midtier with lowlvl sc to learn stuff. Why would people e.g. learn to use guard at r40 or in general need a "protected" space at max lvl. It's more like the learning process is dragged out far beyond r40, because it's not happening at lower tiers for various reasons.
Also agree with this. There are some really basic mechanics - Guard is probably the biggest example - that the game never properly introduces or teaches to you, at any point. It's massively important, but without add-ons or guilds / people teaching you, most new players probably have no idea how far 30 feet really is or where their guarded target is in a chaotic fight.

As for prohibiting players, I don't think it's a great idea to penalize those at the top who worked hard to get there. I do like the idea of teaching those at the bottom better, somehow, so that once they hit 40 they have a good understanding of the game concepts and can support their team.

mynban

Post#10 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:34 am

A better solution would be to bolster everyone to top gear stats in pug sc. I brought a few friends to the game back in the day, none stayed.

New players feels like they are just meant to be dogfood for top geared players, and say 'fak that' and leave. Giving a small space for newbies to at least be able to compete on equal footing would help retain players (not that at this point we are likely to have any new players).