Recent Topics

Ads

Buying higher tiers

Let's talk about... everything else
SepticDisaster

Re: Buying higher tiers

Post#11 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:11 am

I’m really hoping they adjust this. As it stands now I would have to back track and buy 3 pieces of conq to buy 1 piece of vanq in order to buy the invader helm that I actually want. Patiently waiting with crests burning a hole in my pocket lol.

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#12 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Would also love to see this adjusted, at the least so that people who already bought or equipped pieces can finish the rest of that set without having to backtrack multiple sets which they know they'll never need or use.

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:22 pm

I like that they are going to patch it but yeah, this seems like it was either blown off before the patch release. I don't see how making it a strict ward-like system gets "missed" beforehand.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Rochaid29

Post#14 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm

I would like to know when this patch will come out.

I logged in today and as a level 25 mara I dont know what to do. orvr does not give me enough crests, helped flipping 2 zones yesterday, with my gains I was able to buy a single lvl24 weapon with the crests (60 tokens) now I'm at 0 again, I dont have the crests to buy the entire set Im fixed to leave behind...I'll probably have enough for that set when I'm in the mid 30s.. what can I do? wear keepers until level 35+? just to be able to buy a set of armor that I should've bought at level 25/26?

This gating just honestly killed it for me.

havartii

Post#15 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:49 pm

They say the old way was a complicated system. What they have introduced is so complicated they themselves don't even understand it.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Raddaquin

Post#16 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:55 pm

Sufferkate wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:27 pm Add me to the unhappy list... I just spent most of my tokens to buy conq set , and I was going to avoid this set due to terrible set bonuses. Can I get a refund ? I'm never going to wear this set.
I was in the same spot as I had to spend all my crests to get Conq even though I was able to equip Vanq gloves and boots I had picked up before the patch. Back to the grind for me.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#17 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:59 pm

Rochaid29 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm I would like to know when this patch will come out.

I logged in today and as a level 25 mara I dont know what to do. orvr does not give me enough crests, helped flipping 2 zones yesterday, with my gains I was able to buy a single lvl24 weapon with the crests (60 tokens) now I'm at 0 again, I dont have the crests to buy the entire set Im fixed to leave behind...I'll probably have enough for that set when I'm in the mid 30s.. what can I do? wear keepers until level 35+? just to be able to buy a set of armor that I should've bought at level 25/26?

This gating just honestly killed it for me.
Agreed. They need to adjust the token amounts for certain activities. At the current rates lower level players will out level the gear they are trying to buy by the time they have enough for them. They need a boost, or the prices lowered. My lowbie BG (can only play lowbies as ALL my 30+ toons have been screwed by this system atm) got 7 tokens for a win in a SC, but the weapon I want costs 80 tokens, I have 20. I won twice and got 14. The amount of exp I get will have me outlevel the weapon I just saved up for before I got HALF the level 24 set if I won each game or had bonus exp. This needs to be adjusted, but that it what the first few days/weeks after a major change are for. To find where the problems are and tweek them. My advice? Don't play characters you REALLY are interested in unless they already follow the way of the current system or closely do. Healers for example are one of the few classes that might use a full set of something, maybe certain tanks pure tank spec. That's about it. Don't play anything you're overly fond of, instead do it for the learning curve and experience. It'll make you're battles against them easier as you know what they can do and how quickly they can do it. Just until the fix is in place.

Akalukz

Post#18 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:54 am

lower prices on sub Vanquisher sets would be the answer. Why remove one gate, only to put in another (possibly worse for the new player) take away unlocks requirements for sub vanquisher sets.
Last edited by Akalukz on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-= Agony =-

Ads
normanis

Post#19 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:12 am

lower gear cost for t1-t2.
like 10 for boots and 20 for chest. its t1 not vanquesher farm in t4. t1 is already half dead.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Stahn123
Banned

Post#20 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 pm

yoluigi wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:19 am Soo they gonna patch it next patch? Yeah gota buy the whole lv 15 set up to vanq pretty ridiculous lol
with some price changes and a few gear requirement tags, it can be done without causing too much of a problem. The problem is getting them to do it and if they'll actually listen to what people want. There isn't a very good history of that though from my time playing here. On occasion they do though, so maybe they will this time? They seem to be willing to at least make adjustments to a few things, so that's the right direction and they should be given credit for that, but there is more that needs to happen for it to be a viable change and not screw over the players pre vanq.