Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked jewelry change the price to 5000k war crest to buy

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
areandar

Re: Ranked jewelry change the price to 5000k war crest to buy

Post#21 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:17 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:42 pm
areandar wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:14 am
emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:51 am you can get warcrests in normal scs or in open rvr....

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/War_Crests
True but for this piece u need 50 insignia emblems wich is only achievable when u have 1k mmr rating then u get 1 per win or by weekend event rank 1 per completed stage. Thus the question can we change that 1 piece aswell to a price since the entire set has been changed already except that 1.
Then, why the problem are the warcrests??¿?
huh the problem is not the war crests the problem is getting insignias for the item thriumphant insignia

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#22 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:23 pm

Make Ranked Ring available for everybody! its racist if you lock gear behind a skill wall! Cuz casuals need to have BiS to, getting slowly sick of this attitude. Leave the ranked Ring how it is - grind for it - git gud

Culexus

Post#23 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm

Couldn’t disagree more.

This is now the only item in game the that’s locked behind any sort of skill ceiling. With the (very good) changes to currency, every “lolionly2handdpstankwatzaguard” can easily attain full sov without ever learning their class and being pretty much useless to everyone that groups with them. That’s fine if that’s the way you want to play the game, it’s your choice, and you’ve been accommodated by the devs for your forum moaning time and time again to make the game as casual friendly as possible. But the people that put in the effort to do ranked (the only endgame this game has) and do it well should also be rewarded in a way the reflects their time and commitment. This is an mmo, and part of an mmo is the hardcore players at the top get better gear to show off with as a reward for their efforts. This is the only item in the game that has that. And as Vulture lord will certainly be released as the post-nerf version, and no doubt forum moaning will make getting gear from the colossus (you know it’s coming) a cakewalk, it probably always will be.

And before you say it, no, I haven’t already got the jewel. I’ve just started doing ranked and expect to do the 25+ week grind to get it unless I get my MMR high enough. And that’s fine as that’s the way it should be.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Sulorie

Post#24 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:04 pm

areandar wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:43 pm
so would u agree with my question or not, i value ur explanation but you lacked any real answer as to what would be a good proposal to counter it , like the cost of it in war crest or any other way. Don't get me wrong to end of the day devs and db team decides so yeah we can talk all we want but gotta wait on their response.
I agree that for some part of the population, there was no way in obtaining ranked gear (due to population) and still after the latest patch this is still true for ranked jewel. This wouldn't be much of an issue, if sentinel jewel had two versions.

I don't think we need even less incentive to play ranked, IMO we need significantly more reasons.

The sole fact, that people queue for non-ranked sc, with random class matching and almost no rewards in case you lose, while ranked rewards you with a lot more and extremely more in case of win, makes me wonder, why so few queue for this. Only fighting sov geared monsters wouldn't be an answer, if the player pool would be higher. You would rarely fight the same ppl unless the population is really low.

Maybe it is a matter of mindset and no developer patch would pull more people into the queue than we have nowadays.
The rewards are are already huge compared to normal sc.
First and foremost I would look at the requirements to obtain insignia. Even with a balanced 50:50 W/L you are expected to have 20+ pops a week to get the quest done. While you are in queue, you can't queue for other sc as they pop more frequently. You can't really rvr unless you hop in and out of warbands all the time. You can't go away from PC because you might miss the pop.

Adjusting insignia requirements and weekly event tasks is all I could see to improve it.
The rewards are already there and ranked should be the only way to get the final reward aka the jewel. Hell, ranked does even speed up the sov grind due to unified currency.
Dying is no option.

Garamore

Post#25 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:19 pm

Its too boring to q for hours for 1-2 pops. Before it was slightly achieveable - now there are no pops in prime time and its unobtainable.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Toggle

Post#26 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:42 pm

Culexus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm Couldn’t disagree more.

This is now the only item in game the that’s locked behind any sort of skill ceiling. With the (very good) changes to currency, every “lolionly2handdpstankwatzaguard” can easily attain full sov without ever learning their class and being pretty much useless to everyone that groups with them. That’s fine if that’s the way you want to play the game, it’s your choice, and you’ve been accommodated by the devs for your forum moaning time and time again to make the game as casual friendly as possible. But the people that put in the effort to do ranked (the only endgame this game has) and do it well should also be rewarded in a way the reflects their time and commitment. This is an mmo, and part of an mmo is the hardcore players at the top get better gear to show off with as a reward for their efforts. This is the only item in the game that has that. And as Vulture lord will certainly be released as the post-nerf version, and no doubt forum moaning will make getting gear from the colossus (you know it’s coming) a cakewalk, it probably always will be.

And before you say it, no, I haven’t already got the jewel. I’ve just started doing ranked and expect to do the 25+ week grind to get it unless I get my MMR high enough. And that’s fine as that’s the way it should be.
I get what you’re saying, and I agree with it. However, the issue that has been mentioned here more than a couple of times has absolutely nothing to do with skill. It doesn’t matter if you are the greatest tank on the server if you don’t get pops during your play time. This issue isn’t unique to ranked, although it’s probably more pronounced for that particular game mode due to the low population. LotD is going to be the same for a lot of people. They won’t be able to access the gear because it’s not open when they are able to play.

I have zero issues with skill gated items/rewards, but I do think that time zone (meaning events occurring at specific times or people being locked out of content due to when they can play) gated items/rewards are bad for any game in the long term. It doesn’t end up being a skill based reward, instead, it’s just rewarding people for no-lifing the game. People don’t actually want skill based rewards. If they did, ranked would put everyone in the same gear (stats wise) and what you wore would just be cosmetic. That’s an actual measurement of skill(s). Just my opinion.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Jeliel80

Post#27 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:55 pm

The real question is, why there's BiS gear in ranked... :D
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 85
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 82
Jelielina - AM 81

Quathan

Post#28 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:58 pm

Seems weird that all other items now got an adjustment and are much more frequently available to the average player, but these jewels are behind such a heavy grind wall. Compared to many other jewels in the same level.

Feels like some of the devs have Ranked SCs as their baby and really want it to happen by forcing people into it.

Ads
areandar

Post#29 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:36 pm

Culexus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm Couldn’t disagree more.

this is the most useless post and anti flame ive ever seen, I TRIED DOING THEM THERE IS NO POP! there is no people that que for it. that its possible in ur timezone WELL happy days ur in luck but what u want me to do build a 6 man on destro and order and que against myself, like some guilds alr do !

areandar

Post#30 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:39 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:23 pm Make Ranked Ring available for everybody! its racist if you lock gear behind a skill wall! Cuz casuals need to have BiS to, getting slowly sick of this attitude. Leave the ranked Ring how it is - grind for it - git gud

how you intent for me to grind it when there is no pop whenever i play??? fyi i spent last weekend 6 hours 1 day in que didnt leave screen didnt got 1 pop. the next day 8 hours, then the next day 10 hours NO POPS !! how does that define skill or git gud ? so skill and git gud means sit around all day till the nolifers finally que it ?