Recent Topics

Ads

CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

Post#11 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:25 pm

bear in mind that dps classes have higher renown-to-crest gain than tanks/healers.

Ads
tlitschye

Post#12 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Appreciate the feedback, thinking behind getting jewel first was; you dont waste crests on stuff you dont need later, dont break your 4x vanq bonus and get the biggest mountain out of the way :D
But hey, maybe wort a try on the next char.
Class is WH so i also understand the argument of RR compared to crests as it was mostly solo grinding and AAO farming.

See you in RvR.
BR

Akalukz

Post#13 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:53 pm

tlitschye wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:35 pm Appreciate the feedback, thinking behind getting jewel first was; you dont waste crests on stuff you dont need later, dont break your 4x vanq bonus and get the biggest mountain out of the way :D
Class is WH so i also understand the argument of RR compared to crests as it was mostly solo grinding and AAO farming.

See you in RvR.
BR
Imo it's not wrong to get first, just different. Do both WS procs stack? Vanquisher and Triumphant?
-= Agony =-

Cyrylius

Post#14 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:04 am

Both are gear proc, and as such they are counted as ability effects, so assuming no bugs they don't stack with each other.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

warlover

Post#15 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 am

i paid 9999 for the Jewel, and still have a little over 30,000 crest left :)

BluIzLucky

Post#16 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:51 am

warlover wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 am i paid 9999 for the Jewel, and still have a little over 30,000 crest left :)
As a fresh R80 you have 40k crests + whatever you spent already?
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Jildaz

Post#17 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:14 am

The 9999 Jewel is the last goal imo of your char to have a BiS gear.
My advice, check twice before buying, not like me when you buy the wrong one xD

Its was at the begining only for the "Elite" who do ranked, but it was a flop eventually so they made it available for everyone who can focus on a single char for Crest.

Apparently the best option is to do all PVE set to unlock Sov Ward with Bastion stair and save Pvp crest. Otherwise its a big grind to get full set.
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:15 pm

Akalukz wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:53 pm
tlitschye wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:35 pm Appreciate the feedback, thinking behind getting jewel first was; you dont waste crests on stuff you dont need later, dont break your 4x vanq bonus and get the biggest mountain out of the way :D

See you in RvR.
BR
Imo it's not wrong to get first, just different. Do both WS procs stack? Vanquisher and Triumphant?
It is wrong, or at least so inadvisable that anybody suggesting it to newbies in /ad can only be considered malicious and should get a temp ban lol.
It is the lowest stat increase to crests item in the game by far nothing else comes close, and only starts to make sense as a final piece for your BIS, and it's a massive downgrade when you miss out on other gear (and probably the reason why this thread was made).

That being said, OP got about 14k crests getting to R80 and I recon I'd get about the same for my next R80.

For my two R80s, before crests unification AND renown nerfs, they got gear worth about 25-30k crests in a shorter time.
Every single piece of pvp and pve gear below sov (except ranked), about 1.5 sov sets and most weapons (incl. 1 fort and 1 purple SC).

Though that was with a good amount of fort/city logging depending on the alts gear situation.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#19 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:24 pm

Akalukz wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:53 pm Imo it's not wrong to get first, just different. Do both WS procs stack? Vanquisher and Triumphant?
Rule of thumb is - if the proc name is the same (totally or the number at the end differs, doesnt matter) they do not stack at all. Like "Proc V" and "Proc VI" wont stack. However tho, if the name is different despite similarity of effects it would stack, e.g. if it would be possible to have both procs on a tank from 7 main sov and 4 vanq/triumph they would stack.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:47 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:15 pm
For my two R80s, before crests unification AND renown nerfs, they got gear worth about 25-30k crests in a shorter time.
wow no way :O /sarcasm

also dont forget that blue and purple rvr bags had some nice lvl20-39 items. since one currency, these have been removed from game.