Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull needs to be reined in

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Garamore

Re: Marauder pull needs to be reined in

Post#51 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:20 pm

The real fix should be making it not break when someone jumps. Happens way to many times.

Also if you do the pull and stand still and the enemy runs away you are still in range. If you run back as a mara it can break. I always advise maras to use it and stand still so that it doesnt break.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Nadril21

Post#52 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:02 pm

All of the changes the OP listed were implemented (3 or 4 years ago?) when there was a WAR team member that played a marauder exclusively. It was a joke back then and anyone with a brain knew it was a case of creator biased swaying gameplay for his preferred class.

The fact that this many years later it still stands is laughable.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

Vri

Post#53 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:21 am

Spoiler:
Goriy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:31 pm
chovudal wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:14 pm
Goriy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:12 am

Healers have all the advantages in this game .. multiple detaunts .. endless AP .. 150ft heals .. if you were running away at the caboose you are prolly gonna get pulled and eliminated. I have been pulled by WLs into blobs and destroyed. Why did I get pulled? Because I was somewhere I shouldn't have been.

Lets really turn this thread into a degen one. If you think its not fair that a player cant defend against pull why is it ok for Rampage to exist in the game? 1 skill makes a tank not do his job - defend. Pulls are part of the game just like Rampage is part of the game. Love it or Hate it its just the way this game is

~ Pull Ya Later
Because Rampage is an Enchantment ... disenchant!
Pull? Nearly Undefendable ? That was never intended, like it is at the moment
I am going to use your logic ... ready?

"Because Rampage is an Enchantment ... disenchant!" = Because Pull is a Magic Ability... silence!
"Pull? Nearly Undefendable ? That was never intended, like it is at the moment" But it is defendable? Taunt, Silence, Interrupt, Range KD ... hello? What am I missing here? We playing a different game?
What you just said, 9 out of 10 will never do. Shatter enchant ?! Silence the what ?!

heybaws

Post#54 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:58 am

wachlarz wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:41 pm
heybaws wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:23 am
Goriy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:12 am

Healers have all the advantages in this game .. multiple detaunts .. endless AP .. 150ft heals .. if you were running away at the caboose you are prolly gonna get pulled and eliminated. I have been pulled by WLs into blobs and destroyed. Why did I get pulled? Because I was somewhere I shouldn't have been.

Lets really turn this thread into a degen one. If you think its not fair that a player cant defend against pull why is it ok for Rampage to exist in the game? 1 skill makes a tank not do his job - defend. Pulls are part of the game just like Rampage is part of the game. Love it or Hate it its just the way this game is

~ Pull Ya Later
wl pull has a range check, pets need to travel to target first, which is already an issue since pathing changes maded it almost impossible to pet run in a straight line, player must use movespeed tactic because pet will never catch it otherwise, and you need to run a frenzy build to make pet imune to CC. There is a lot of "IF's" to make wl pull succesfull. comparing it to mara is just dishonest
WL have jump, mara dont
And how exactly pounce ( which is not order exclusive for a very long time) justifies maras bug abusing pull for a year by now?
"me pull people from 100 fts through textures and los, but thats ok cause me dont have pounce"
???

Garamore

Post#55 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:17 pm

You werent 100ft away when the pull initiated. Much like many other channels in the game it checks at the start.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

wachlarz

Post#56 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:21 pm

heybaws wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:58 am

wl pull has a range check, pets need to travel to target first, which is already an issue since pathing changes maded it almost impossible to pet run in a straight line, player must use movespeed tactic because pet will never catch it otherwise, and you need to run a frenzy build to make pet imune to CC. There is a lot of "IF's" to make wl pull succesfull. comparing it to mara is just dishonest
WL have jump, mara dont
And how exactly pounce ( which is not order exclusive for a very long time) justifies maras bug abusing pull for a year by now?
"me pull people from 100 fts through textures and los, but thats ok cause me dont have pounce"
???
wl have pull nad pounce. 2 seperated coldowns. Mara have only pull. Its about class not realm. I can write mara dont have rampage :D

Valfaros

Post#57 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Ugh, just remove both pulls from wl and mara and be done with it. Pulls in a game that give you very limited counterplay against it are just annoying. Or at the very least make the pull crazy fast. I don't wanna fly through the field for ages to then eat a kd.

Also any order player crying about mara that you can atleast cc, interrupt and see the animation of. Go away, please. WL pull is just as annoying. Turn on lf and speed and laugh at the enemy getting doomed. Target left the range? Switch it and just pull the other guy, its instant so. Can even pack a rkd ontop to disable you from detauning him. But but but but you can kill the pet....From experience it's extreamly inconsistent even with sitting in discord. Also with so many wls running around there always is a pet close by and if you just down them one by one you basically render yourself useless to kill an actual player. Tbh I'd rather have the possibility to cc the thing. Wls trying to pull me without lf fail 4/5 times. Pretty simple to cc it and run to exit the pull range or break los. But with lf running no chance, guess I'll die. So tbh I don't see the point in the mara pull being sooooo much worse.

Should the range second range check work, absolutly. Should wls pet not be able to be cc immune when the player himself has no such thing, also yes. Tbh the removal of resolute defence is horrible. Like I don't see why you would want to further limit counterplay. I see a wl turn on lf and sprint to pull me...guess I'll die. Good game much skill. Lots and lots of cc in this game and instead of giving you the options to counter them you just get this awful boring timer that makes you immune, snore. Making 2 problems, people sabotaging their own team with useless aoe ccs and giving you almost no control over managing critical situations.

While at it reduce rkds to 2s. I don't see why they should be on paar with meele kds.

Vri

Post#58 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:56 pm

After awhile, posts like these are more about airing ideas out. Those ideas boil down to take X away and or remove Y.

This thread will derail at some point, it will be Rampage or that Gold'en Oldy NB.

/gg

Ads
Absinth

Post#59 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:20 pm

WL have jump, mara dont
???
Is that mara pull through textures here in the room with us? Because i have yet to see someone actually being pulled thru textures.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

heybaws

Post#60 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Absinth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:20 pm
WL have jump, mara dont
???
Is that mara pull through textures here in the room with us? Because i have yet to see someone actually being pulled thru textures.
There are examples on the first page of this very thread, i suggest you to visit local ophthalmologist