Recent Topics

Ads

MSH AoE punt way overtuned

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Bosli

Re: MSH AoE punt way overtuned

Post#61 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:35 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:16 pm Do they not have cooldowns? Seems like even GTDC has a cooldown on it? Are they not defendable and subject to immunity? I am confused on how things that are 1) controlled by cooldown 2) have a defensive check 3) have an immunity check are broken.
The cooldown of Kaboom is 5 seconds, and it has better trajectory+distance, and only half the cd of the next similar punt which is BO/SM. Could use a test by someone if even the 10ft pbaoe range in the tooltip is correct, because I'm fairly certain it has the same range as all other pbaoe punts (30ft).

Ads
Avernus

Post#62 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:42 am

Btw, as SW i would like to have a core knockback...No, M1 doesn't count.

Waaghtastic

Post#63 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 am

What happened to you that you are starting such a topic without any further experience or proof/examples?

As others have mentioned: please play a mSH to rank 40, try out the mechanic you just pointed out and then come back if you still think the same about it.

No mSH is using AoE punt like you described as it a) would not work due to immunities (+ you don't want to throw out free immunities all the time anyway) and b) that's not the warband play you would want. Yes, mSH AoE punt can be used in certain situations but against a proper warband this is almost certainly the death sentence for the mSH as well without squig armour.

Just my opinion as a squig herder main for several years on this server.

Bosli

Post#64 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:07 am

Waaghtastic wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 am What happened to you that you are starting such a topic without any further experience or proof/examples?

As others have mentioned: please play a mSH to rank 40, try out the mechanic you just pointed out and then come back if you still think the same about it.

No mSH is using AoE punt like you described as it a) would not work due to immunities (+ you don't want to throw out free immunities all the time anyway) and b) that's not the warband play you would want. Yes, mSH AoE punt can be used in certain situations but against a proper warband this is almost certainly the death sentence for the mSH as well without squig armour.

There are some very few msh that do use the punt like I described, mostly in SCs and they absolutely carry their team with that one skill alone (at least sometimes). I do not give the very specific examples where and how to do it because I do not need the same players saying here it's cooldown doesn't matter to suddenly start abusing it with a step-by-step guide on locations, timings, positions etc.

But don't worry about it, I will level it and make a proper meme punt compilation video about what I mean.

doky

Post#65 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:08 pm

dat punt has been addressed in past already, it's been nerfed to what it is atm. can't say or see that it is being gamebreaking atm.

Akalukz

Post#66 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:08 pm

Bosli wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:07 am
Waaghtastic wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 am What happened to you that you are starting such a topic without any further experience or proof/examples?

There are some very few msh that do use the punt like I described, mostly in SCs and they absolutely carry their team with that one skill alone (at least sometimes). I do not give the very specific examples where and how to do it because I do not need the same players saying here it's cooldown doesn't matter to suddenly start abusing it with a step-by-step guide on locations, timings, positions etc.

But don't worry about it, I will level it and make a proper meme punt compilation video about what I mean.

Source : Trust me bro

Did you also make the post about W/E on the oil and being punted by guild flag? Better positioning would guard against being punted.
-= Agony =-

Bosli

Post#67 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:12 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:08 pm Source : Trust me bro

Did you also make the post about W/E on the oil and being punted by guild flag? Better positioning would guard against being punted.
Source : I play the class and can't make that skill work in the best ways possible, so nobody can.

Just keep the post alive and shitpost more, will give me more choices for editing in the video in a couple weeks.

Detangler

Post#68 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:05 am

When you eventually make your selective montage of times where kaboom overperforms in very specific situations, please include all the times where you get nuked or it doesn't work out like you describe so it's not a completely biased video.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Absinth

Post#69 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:22 am

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:08 pm
This is a little oftop but you have 5s cast time on pulling banner and if you watch that WE's video you will see that banner was always deployed at the oil room, just have one person in oil room looking for her and kill her/interrupt her banner pulling shenaningans, we are once again coming to the issue of people crying about mechanics when its mostly playstyle issues (just look at destro forts,destro keeps, order at lotd etc.), going back to the squig's kaboom, most of the time there is no way to reliably use it in big blobs because you will just give free immunity and get bursted, ofc a well done one would probably cause the enemies to fold but tell me how many of those you have seen? zero? because most of the times when i talk with players of meatball they all say they dont use this skill in large fights, even after this post meatballs in our guild decided to try playing like this post suggested (as its supposed to make this OVERPOWERED) and in 5h long warband that had fort def, keep def and few other things we were not able to find any situation where kaboom would be turning point for a warband fight due to nature of current rvr (And this is active looking for a situation to use kaboom).
Bosli wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:07 am

Soo you dont know the positions and timings yet you make it be "overpowered" (you say that you will do punt video but then you say "i wont tell places", soo how you want to do compilation video when you dont want to tell places?), i can have BO do the same tier of "carry" on half of the scenarios(Especially the ones like black crag keep) or even i can do it with ST punt of BG (And ill be open about it, just get your rage to 100 and punt all enemy tanks out of the walls of gates of ekrund back to the bottom, the trick is to give them slow beforehand, when they come back their team is dead and you have free pinatas, no need for timing, works 100% times, tanks never think about positioning, if enemies have copious amounts of healers then just punt healers instead 80% of them will never position in a way that makes your punt useless). Maybe sometimes we are giving too much credit to skill and leave luck undervalued.
Last edited by Absinth on Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Sinisterror

Post#70 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:30 am

It is so STUPID that people dont want WL/SM/SH pouncing to keep/fort walls, or engi/magus pulling people from keep/fort walls. And after they complain that " Sieges are so boring, nothing to do but stand " WELL NO **** FFS. Imo they should bring all wall leaps engi magus pull back with people being able to hit keep wall because obviously its more engaging when all this is happening or possible to happen. And Melee Healing/Lifetapping From keep door out of los healing was so much fun.

Why is all of that removed? Can someone pls explain to me how its better now? Standing still in siege vs all that i mentioned earlier.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz