Recent Topics

Ads

RVR population balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
kam080

Re: RVR population balance suggestion

Post#11 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:12 am

kam080 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:10 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:34 pm
kam080 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:50 pm e.g. 100% aao, less population side got 100% dmg/heal/protection increase.
more population side got 100% dmg/heal/protection decrease.

lets us discuss this suggestion~~~~~

or less population side add more CPU players

e.g. lord will be scout in rvr lake~
This same foolish thing has been suggested a million times.

No, it would be terrible. You are on overpopulated side and the second you are locally outnumbered you are supposed to fight a enemy with those stats? It would do nothing but mandate the overpopulated side to zerg constantly to avoid being outnumbered and picked off.

TLDR you suggestion would promote zerging and toxic ganking.

There is no fix other than hard population caps, but that has never been done and has never even been entertained by devs.
overpopulated side fights with an improved force, letting the less populated side play more fun and attract more to switch to the less side.

and overpopulated have more fun fighting a more powerful force also have fun and let more willing to don't stay on the more populated side.
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

Ads
diedrake

Post#12 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:08 pm

More damage/healing depending on aao isnt the way to go, that would promote xrealming to the 100th degree, especially at the percentages the OP suggests. Also it has been tried before as people have stated.

The problem with the new currency is that it takes, A LOT of crests to get your gear right? Fighting with a lot of aao? well increased crest drop depending on the percent. I have not been in the lakes much sense i have been back so idk if amount of crests gained depeneding on rr of emeny killed is a thing. It used to be a thing with old currency.

rr 40- 1 crest
rr50 - 2 crest
rr60 - 3 crests
rr70 - 4 crests
rr80+ - 5 crest
This is with out aao (again not sure if this is already a thing)

Now with aao increases crests depending on the percentage
100 aao- x2
200 aao- x3
300 aao- x4
400 aao- x5

Therefore, not only are the underdogs getting increased exp. and rr depending on aao, but also getting gear way faster then the zerging side. something like this would also encourage keep/fort defense, less so for forts sense it is an instanced event.

Do the math, you get ran over by zerg 10x and enemy gets a handful of crests, but with one kill at 300% aao, killing an 80+ nets you 20 crests, way more then the zerging side.

All in all, imo, more damage/healing isnt the way to go because it turns underdogs into gods which would destroy keep offenses and such, zones would never lock and be stuck on same map for 8+ hours and that isn't fun for anyone. if this is a thing already, i don't understand why players are not capitalizing on aao farming sense the cost of gear is a lot.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

gyps

Post#13 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:23 pm

If you want to create battlefield's Heroes you could do it random, randomly select x people which receive the buff till they die and pass it to another player.

Buff a 5% of underdog people on AAO100, 10% at 200, 15% at 300 and 20% at 400.

If there's a single wb playing one side with 24 People we are talking that 1 player is going to have the buff at the beginning, 2-3 players, 3-4 players and 4-5 on AAO 400, I don't see this a big problem and can actually be fun.

You will have random heroes in the lakes trying to save the day.

CountTalabecland

Post#14 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:31 pm

If there is pop imbalance there is only thing to do

log off and put this mess in the garbage where it belongs.

If all anyone wants to do is zerg one side against minimal competition, there isn't much devs can do to fix that mentality.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#15 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:45 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:37 pm game dying a slow death so just enjoy what you can
Unfortunately it's true. And as the only thing that could bring ppl back is the class balance, but this is not even in the horizon to happen.

Vri

Post#16 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:53 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:31 pm If there is pop imbalance there is only thing to do

log off and put this mess in the garbage where it belongs.

If all anyone wants to do is zerg one side against minimal competition, there isn't much devs can do to fix that mentality.
You wanna derail this one with me ? Remove Rampage!

kam080

Post#17 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:52 am

diedrake wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:08 pm More damage/healing depending on aao isnt the way to go, that would promote xrealming to the 100th degree, especially at the percentages the OP suggests. Also it has been tried before as people have stated.

The problem with the new currency is that it takes, A LOT of crests to get your gear right? Fighting with a lot of aao? well increased crest drop depending on the percent. I have not been in the lakes much sense i have been back so idk if amount of crests gained depeneding on rr of emeny killed is a thing. It used to be a thing with old currency.

rr 40- 1 crest
rr50 - 2 crest
rr60 - 3 crests
rr70 - 4 crests
rr80+ - 5 crest
This is with out aao (again not sure if this is already a thing)

Now with aao increases crests depending on the percentage
100 aao- x2
200 aao- x3
300 aao- x4
400 aao- x5

Therefore, not only are the underdogs getting increased exp. and rr depending on aao, but also getting gear way faster then the zerging side. something like this would also encourage keep/fort defense, less so for forts sense it is an instanced event.

Do the math, you get ran over by zerg 10x and enemy gets a handful of crests, but with one kill at 300% aao, killing an 80+ nets you 20 crests, way more then the zerging side.

All in all, imo, more damage/healing isnt the way to go because it turns underdogs into gods which would destroy keep offenses and such, zones would never lock and be stuck on same map for 8+ hours and that isn't fun for anyone. if this is a thing already, i don't understand why players are not capitalizing on aao farming sense the cost of gear is a lot.
how about canceling the rewards gained of aao system?
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

kam080

Post#18 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:18 am

gyps wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:23 pm If you want to create battlefield's Heroes you could do it random, randomly select x people which receive the buff till they die and pass it to another player.

Buff a 5% of underdog people on AAO100, 10% at 200, 15% at 300 and 20% at 400.

If there's a single wb playing one side with 24 People we are talking that 1 player is going to have the buff at the beginning, 2-3 players, 3-4 players and 4-5 on AAO 400, I don't see this a big problem and can actually be fun.

You will have random heroes in the lakes trying to save the day.
yes, just test and try, if the increased % is too high and too op then fix it.
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

Ads
kam080

Post#19 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:23 am

new suggestion: lock the account on one side once u meet the reward of the weekly rvr event 1st stage, and lock it for 1 week for just can play rvr on one side
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

kam080

Post#20 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:28 am

kam080 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:23 am new suggestion: lock the account on one side once u meet the reward of the weekly rvr event 1st stage, and lock it for 1 week for just can play rvr and sc on one side
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS