Recent Topics

Ads

Concerns regarding recent directions RoR is taking

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Topdude

Re: Concerns regarding recent directions RoR is taking

Post#51 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:42 pm

SOR isn't really the problem. During AoR or "live" all we had to do was step into RVR and check how much AAO we had to find out if there was any point in trying to defend a keep or even to have a chance of a bit of enjoyable gameplay. SOR provides an easy way to see what zone is the most active and to see BO status and keep ranking.
Again, SOR isn't the problem, population balance, class balance and a general attitude of "why should I even try with this much AAO" are the problem. There's no way to solve that without limiting players freedom to choose what and how they play.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#52 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:40 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:45 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:55 pm Maybe have the LOTD system (that actually works) based on MMR or something similar, taking into account some sort of metric for player performance, level and number of players? If such a system was on based on population, you could have equal numbers. But one side could be full of pugs and the other full of organised guild WB's. Not exactly a fair fight.
The campaign progression system is not built around equal numbers or "fair" fights.

It is built around zone flips. Imbalance is a feature, not a defect.
To the detriment of the game IMO. Zerging is not fun at all. Especially when one side outnumbers the other. And I agree with you for now. But the purpose of the LOTD balancing system was clearly placed there as a testing bed for something more. Hopefully we see it in the future in the lakes.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Fey

Post#53 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:46 am

State of the Realm needs to stay. It's hard enough coordinating six people, let alone 24.

Land of the Dead being a zerg fest is in fact good. It's really fun to have giant fights once a week. It makes things feel big and epic. Most of the game is small-mid numbers of people engaging limited by physical space if nothing else.

Low numbers is the summer lull. We've all been here before. It's still rare to not find a fight even with the population dipping below 200. There are still healthy numbers of pugs in the lake. The server seems fine to me, and I've played since 2014 if that matters.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

diedrake

Post#54 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:37 pm

rejndjer wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:35 am
diedrake wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:03 pm Or with odds like that, get in a small premade with discord and go hunting in aao. Avoid the roaming wbs, kill the solos because not all players are in the wbs.

Also, you'd get farmed even w/o SoR with those numbers and then do option D as well. At least with SoR, players know what's ahead of them...
omg this is so... is only thing profesionals in this game can do is kill enemy when they're lower number? you small scale roam groups are worse than "warband zergs". just rely on your bis gear and the fact that you can spot a blob from 1000 miles mount up and run away. when you see a solo player chase him 'till the end of map. nice gameplay.
I solo/ small group no matter what gear and lvl my chars are. I rarely stick with my 80+ BiS chars, so not everyone that enjoys aao farming is as you say all in BiS maxed chars... If you dont want to be ran down, stop running and die, or group up. Either way, your response sounds like someone takes it personal when ganker/ gank group kills them because they refuse to make friends on an mmo...
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

zulnam

Post#55 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:13 am

I wouldn't call things that were added years ago a direction.

and RoR doesn't have a direction; because it is now being run with a successful business model in mind; not sure if there's any model.

I try to be patient but the more i play turtle wow the more the differences hit me. A rogue server working on an IP that essentially belongs to Microsoft and they are churning out new content, in no small reason thanks to the donations that sustain the project.

RoR doesn't have donations, due to fear. And say what you will, this is the main reason we are getting content dripped to us and more often in the form of dyes and seasonal events.

It's reached a point where i would be happier to see the team take a risk and get some development budget, even if it can bring the whole thing down. As long as no individual person risks repercussions and the worst is the server takedown, do it.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Culexus

Post#56 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:31 am

diedrake wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:37 pm
rejndjer wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:35 am
diedrake wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:03 pm Or with odds like that, get in a small premade with discord and go hunting in aao. Avoid the roaming wbs, kill the solos because not all players are in the wbs.

Also, you'd get farmed even w/o SoR with those numbers and then do option D as well. At least with SoR, players know what's ahead of them...
omg this is so... is only thing profesionals in this game can do is kill enemy when they're lower number? you small scale roam groups are worse than "warband zergs". just rely on your bis gear and the fact that you can spot a blob from 1000 miles mount up and run away. when you see a solo player chase him 'till the end of map. nice gameplay.
I solo/ small group no matter what gear and lvl my chars are. I rarely stick with my 80+ BiS chars, so not everyone that enjoys aao farming is as you say all in BiS maxed chars... If you dont want to be ran down, stop running and die, or group up. Either way, your response sounds like someone takes it personal when ganker/ gank group kills them because they refuse to make friends on an mmo...
Did you actually just say that solo players should just stand still and let you kill them while admitting you run away from warbands :lol: You gank groups really are the worst players in this game. Running from real fights so you can hunt down solo roamers that have no chance of fighting back. Pathetic.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Sulorie

Post#57 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:16 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:13 am I wouldn't call things that were added years ago a direction.

and RoR doesn't have a direction; because it is now being run with a successful business model in mind; not sure if there's any model.

I try to be patient but the more i play turtle wow the more the differences hit me. A rogue server working on an IP that essentially belongs to Microsoft and they are churning out new content, in no small reason thanks to the donations that sustain the project.

RoR doesn't have donations, due to fear. And say what you will, this is the main reason we are getting content dripped to us and more often in the form of dyes and seasonal events.

It's reached a point where i would be happier to see the team take a risk and get some development budget, even if it can bring the whole thing down. As long as no individual person risks repercussions and the worst is the server takedown, do it.
This server has 1k+ players since 1-2 years, therefore it is quite new. It wouldn't be the first well going freeshard server to be taken down due to monetization.
Being careless isn't a good replacement for being fearful.
Dying is no option.

Pure760

Post#58 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:17 am

I don't agree with removing k/d or SoR. k/d I care about only on my main because it's fun and challenging to care about, you just got to realize that you're probably the only person that cares about your own k/d noone else really gives a zod.

Even if you don't care about k/d at all it doesn't make sense to just give the other side free-kills, free renown, free war crests when you know winning a particular fight is impossible but rush in to die anyway. In scenarios k/d is actually important as it could decide the entire match and if you're accustomed to just flinging yourself into the meat grinder over and over you're going to be throwing scenarios.

Ads