Recent Topics

Ads

Yet another realm balance suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Yet another realm balance suggestion.

Post#21 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:39 am

Caduceus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:12 pm The war crest system and scheduled cities sadly did not work as hoped.

I hope the devs will not be stubborn and revert this change. It did not change the game in a positive way.
yes change currency again to **** poor people who dont play ror since 2013 again, sounds wonderful.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#22 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:42 am

Belanoite wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:44 am
Ninjagon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Belanoite wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:42 pm Wanna stop the zerg? Put an end on premade wbs. Remove wbs from the game and allow just parties. Things will get way harder to contol and player will be able to get into the battlefield without being smashed by a zerg of 3 wbs spaming GTDC.
The biggest problem of this game in orvr are the organized wbs. Always was, since the beginning! But then, someone will say "oh you're crazy and bla bla bla...". Well, you guys don't want to solve problems but change the tide to your side.
Organised warbands are the reason why this game was made for and why it is still played.
If you think that removing them would solve the "zerg problem", you are very naive.
Said the guy of Bene Teilex. Predictable.
You just forgot to mention this game died because of it.
this game died becuase EA ordered mythic to go do SW:tor, while people at mythic that were doing pve went to arena.net. if ea has let 25% of money that they got from sales and subs to game development, everything would be 10 million times better now. what killed it is = no new content + bad balance of classes( still to this day.)

Caduceus

Post#23 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:18 am

The problem with the war crest system is that it essentially removes all incentive to participate in the tougher game modes, because the same rewards are available by putting in minimal effort somewhere else.

The system functioned better when keep/fortress/city loot bags were the fat rewards everyone was looking forward to.

Now it's all the same.

Open three zones again, also. The two-zone change really gutted small-scale.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ninjagon

Post#24 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:07 pm

There should be something unique from City sieges / Fotresses only.

Perhaps some unique consumables, like high armor potion, color variations, new appearances or something like that.
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Zxul

Post#25 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:44 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:18 am The problem with the war crest system is that it essentially removes all incentive to participate in the tougher game modes, because the same rewards are available by putting in minimal effort somewhere else.

The system functioned better when keep/fortress/city loot bags were the fat rewards everyone was looking forward to.

Now it's all the same.
Problem with that idea is that city is about as much fun as having your teeth pulled. Its not about a tougher game mode- its about game mod which isn't enjoyable in any shape or form. I already have a RL job, which unlike city actually pays real money.

And btw that's speaking as someone solo roaming on dps zealot and sorc, so don't speak to me about tougher game modes :P
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

storm

Post#26 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Campain is meaningless but Cities were being manipulated by large guilds. The people who are saying it is fail are wrong, they succeded in taking away control from a few to let more people have a chance to participate. I wish they could come up with a way to make the campain mean something again. How about Relic runs :P

Orklovingit

Post#27 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:29 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:18 am The problem with the war crest system is that it essentially removes all incentive to participate in the tougher game modes, because the same rewards are available by putting in minimal effort somewhere else.

Now it's all the same.

Open three zones again, also. The two-zone change really gutted small-scale.
No. I completely disagree with you.

The old city system was terrible and it didnt work. The new War Crest system is 100% better and it works, keeps me and plenty other players here incentivized and very happy to play the game.

New RVR currency system is the best thing the ROR dev's have ever done in this server's history because it creates incentive for people to play the game because it actually gives you the freedom/chance to someday reach end-game bis gear by how you play pvp. Not just city, but also by RVR or by Scenarios.
The currency system is also meritocratic: If you play better you get there faster.
If you get more kills, capture more keeps/objectives and win more scenarios and cities, you get more renown and more War Crests based on contribution invested.
If you put in minimal effort you get little renown and little amounts of war crests in comparison.

The previous city system was boring and lame, it was impossible to get end-game gear because of the time cities were scheduled.
Not to mention, elite premades farmed every city endlessly which quickly makes it a rolf-stomp against the undergeared players trying to get gear, creating a gatekeep which prevents many players from getting bis gear, thus continuing the rofl-stomp in cities, rvr and scenarios.

Mods, please lock this thread.
Last edited by Orklovingit on Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ninjagon

Post#28 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:33 pm

Troll post detected - above.
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Orklovingit

Post#29 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:35 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:33 pm Troll post detected - above.
Toxic player post detected - above.

I wasn't trolling. Im being honest on how I feel about the players who keep crying about what the ROR team did to improve this game.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#30 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:31 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:31 am Can you clarify, you say WAR died because of zerging?
Are you asking this for real? Lol