Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend event solo/duo queue like Discordant Skirmish

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Hazmy
Community Management

Re: Weekend event solo/duo queue like Discordant Skirmish

Post#11 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:49 pm

This is a common feedback from a lot of the community and we hear you.

The Dev Team is already in the middle of writing a whole new Scenario Queue System, that will address the issues of imbalanced teams, unfair matchmaker and Random Teams getting repeatedly defeated by Premade Organized Groups, along with other issues that have been observed and reported!

Until then, there are no plans for temporary adjustments, as this new system will be a complete overhaul.

You can read more about it here:
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=51520

Ads
Nameless

Post#12 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Ranked comparison is kinda ridicules since you cant compare 6v6 mode with 12/18 vs 12/18. The balance, dynamics and all is vastly different.

I play both prems and solo and lately we are facing much more premades the problem is that there is quite a degree how good a premade is and often prem + pug vs prem + pug could end at total stomp.

Imo To lesser the prem effect disc should pop event scen on each 3rd or 4th scen. So solo enthusiast could done the even at equal environment but just slower
Last edited by Nameless on Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Dackjanielz

Post#13 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Hazmy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:49 pm This is a common feedback from a lot of the community and we hear you.

The Dev Team is already in the middle of writing a whole new Scenario Queue System, that will address the issues of imbalanced teams, unfair matchmaker and Random Teams getting repeatedly defeated by Premade Organized Groups, along with other issues that have been observed and reported!

Until then, there are no plans for temporary adjustments, as this new system will be a complete overhaul.

Thumbs up my man, thankin ye kindly.

Wdova

Post#14 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:51 pm

Yes its anoying, but if I can do these event SCs on my solo queue choppa, anybody can do it too.
"Quickness is the essence of the war."

Sun Tzu

JohnnyWayne

Post#15 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:20 pm

uanaka wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:05 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:53 pm The lack of healers on destro is stopping everyone there from doing anyhting aside of being farmed by bis premades with 1-2 slayers.
The match maker has major issues, systemic ones, that can not be countered by the players themselves. You can talk high and mighty if you are on the side that has more people in queue, but you will find, that you get less and less sc pops. This trend has already started for any solo players on order and their 30min+ invite times.
Would it shock you if i told you the problem is also the same on order against destro premades? Who would have thought it's not just single sided problem!
I play both sides activly and i can debunk that myth. The second I log onto order, I start farming WITH those premades, not losing against destro ones. The rates of this happening are incompareably different. This is exactly the reason WHY I started playing both sides. To see how things really are on the other side. I have considered all the generic points to be made and draw my conclusions.

fontin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:06 pm problem is not premades but the system priortizing them.

This is 100% the point. I can even help designing a better match maker. I'm doing Opimization, data analysis and data handling for a living.
Hazmy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:49 pm This is a common feedback from a lot of the community and we hear you.

The best way to go about it, is creating a bucket system that kicks off matches every one or so minute.

You gotta calculate a score for each invdividual and each possible team composition. Use an optimization algorithm like ant colony for that.

Individual score needs to include rr, time in queue, "fun" factor (Aka how was the recent wl / how hard were previous matches).

Then you abstract on party level for group size and how good the combination synergizes. Add archetype matching. 141 setups are fine as long as they are mirrored on the other side aswell. You can use something like entropy (with little adjustments) as a measure. Don't go lower than that. Don't match solo players against a premade except the match maker is struggeling and the wait weight gets too high. Queue times should not exceed 5 minutes. At the moment solo players on order wait up to 30 minutes. I push comes to show, build a dps only sc or something. It is still playable and might be fun.

Redesign the reward structure for SCs. Give each SC a pool of sc end rewards that increases the longer an SC goes. Design it in a way that hard fights give at least as much reward as stomps. Players need transparency on what is in the queue. Archetypes, parties and their sizes, players in general. People get the chance to switch and adjust to benefit the match maker this way.

DO NOT give premades or certain archetypes preferred placement in queue. That is what cause the situation we have right now.

mekal

Post#16 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:28 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:20 pm
I play both sides activly and i can debunk that myth. The second I log onto order, I start farming WITH those premades, not losing against destro ones. The rates of this happening are incompareably different. This is exactly the reason WHY I started playing both sides. To see how things really are on the other side. I have considered all the generic points to be made and draw my conclusions.
so you swap to the side WITH the premade at the time and try to say its different how

there are times when there are order and different times when there are destro and you chose to just swap to whatever side is winning how is anything you said valid you can not cherry pick to make your point

on topic though discordant is in game if you have problem event sc that is geared towards group play maybe take advantage of that

and about ranked it was always destined to fail anyone with any experience in pvp knows you need a healthy player base for structured pvp to thrive 800 people is simply not enough

mazi761111

Post#17 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:03 am

Wdova wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:51 pm Yes its anoying, but if I can do these event SCs on my solo queue choppa, anybody can do it too.
l likw when i on order see you swordmaster in sc. :D guarding ppl.save ppl.
choson:badchosen
chopa:bigpanties

JohnnyWayne

Post#18 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:37 am

mekal wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:28 am
so you swap to the side WITH the premade at the time and try to say its different how

there are times when there are order and different times when there are destro and you chose to just swap to whatever side is winning how is anything you said valid you can not cherry pick to make your point

on topic though discordant is in game if you have problem event sc that is geared towards group play maybe take advantage of that

and about ranked it was always destined to fail anyone with any experience in pvp knows you need a healthy player base for structured pvp to thrive 800 people is simply not enough

Not with THE premade, but all the premades. They are stacking on one side. People claim you meet premades non-stop on either side you queue, but that is not true. People can (do) play the match maker by stacking on one side. There is no other point to make. And its really not hard to grasp, you even said it yourself. Also, in SCs there is no "winning side". Each SC should be an independent set of players. The current match maker is working against that with unreasonable prioirties and at least two entitlement levels.

Ads
Nameless

Post#19 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:53 am

Premade stacking is not really on purpose. Just when one of the realms got better prems on its side, prems on other side disband if they got continuously farmed. Happens on both sides, after all noone like to be farmed full time.

Lately, too often you got prem + pug vs 2 premades which is tough job to do, esp when you dont have safe spot from wc guards
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ashoris

Post#20 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:08 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:53 am Premade stacking is not really on purpose. Just when one of the realms got better prems on its side, prems on other side disband if they got continuously farmed. Happens on both sides, after all noone like to be farmed full time.

Lately, too often you got prem + pug vs 2 premades which is tough job to do, esp when you dont have safe spot from wc guards
this is especially true if you not playing any form of AoE grps in SC .... unfortunately AoE is still too strong in this game as soon as you have 2+ Groups :(
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras