Recent Topics

Ads

A proposal related to the design and quality of art

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Pycckue

A proposal related to the design and quality of art

Post#1 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:55 am

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew. And I want to share some ideas related to the design and visual content of the game.
It so happens that I am a professional 3D artist and 2D artist, with experience in the professional gaming industry.
I recently did some analysis and created some art on the theme of weapons in the game. I redesigned the level 66 sword for the elven swordmaster.
Materials on the project and my other works can be found at the link: https://www.artstation.com/shevelevandrew
I tried to add more logic and continuity to the original game style into the design. And I can do more over time if I am not limited by strict time frames.
I would like to know if my proposal is of interest to the respected development team. I am a big fan of the game and an active player. In fact, the fact that the project still exists and is supported is happiness for me and gives me hope that I can help its existence.
My offer is based solely on goodwill and I am not looking for commercial gain.
If my work was not done in vain, then I am ready to transfer all the source files, optimize them if desired and draw the missing ones (if any, metallicity or transparency maps, etc.)
I can also help in creating collectible items for events, I am ready to take an active part in the discussion and improve existing content. Please give me feedback if you found this proposal interesting or useful.

I am sorry for my English. It still takes a little practice

Ads
Hazmy
Community Management

Re: A proposal related to the design and quality of art

Post#2 » Sat May 25, 2024 6:29 am

Hello there Andrew,

First of all, I absolutely love your redesign, it looks fantastic in my opinion! :mrgreen:
The Return of Reckoning Team is always looking for more artists to work together with if time and life commitments permit it, in fact our Art Team applications are always open.

You can send an application with more details about how we can reach out to you here.

If you are really interested in assisting the project, please make an application with further details how we can reach out to you, your preferred work times, flexibility and if you are open to feedback about your artwork. We are always excited to see talented individuals eager to assist us, and we look forward to receiving your application soon.

WAAAGH!

F4llen4ngel

Post#3 » Sat May 25, 2024 7:12 am

OMG, what a beautiful sword design!
Bicska this Bicska that

Cardiff

Post#4 » Sat May 25, 2024 9:57 am

Incredible work mate!

Zxul

Post#5 » Sat May 25, 2024 11:53 am

Hey Andrew, nothing personal but the original version actually looks better. +your looks a bit too cartoonish.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

jafh123

Post#6 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:09 pm

Very nice!

Pycckue

Post#7 » Sat May 25, 2024 1:37 pm

Thank you very much for your comments! It's very important to me)

adamska2

Post#8 » Sat May 25, 2024 2:44 pm

Andrew, this game definitely needs you. I hope you will join the team. Awesome job :!:
Azeyune

Ads
gyps

Post#9 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:34 pm

Amazing work!

Absinth

Post#10 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:42 pm

Im not a kind of person who really cares about graphics in the game but this is some insane work. Although design wise i kinda like the charm thingy on the hilt more in the old one (tho it seems like you wondered about it), overall yours is vastly superior to the old one. Great Job and I hope the team accepts you and you can bestow upon us more of such great works.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert