Recent Topics

Ads

Critique on the current state from a veteran player.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Kaliani

Re: Critique on the current state from a veteran player.

Post#71 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:29 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:15 pm
Kaliani wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:02 pm
Not being focused by 20 people while 6 of of them grab them into the air.

But, again, if you make this argument from a healer perspective you would have to admit that DPS have it way worse, because A. DPS is not as tanky, and B. they are closer to the fight and have to take more risk to fulfill their role.

To be clear, I don't think this argument holds up at all.

Also, pulls are a seperate issue that in my view isn't directly related to tankiness. Even tanks have to deal with those kinds of pulls, and even tanks die to that type of focus-fire. For healers though, a lot needs to go wrong first before they are at risk of being pulled.
You're looking at the events backwards.
Healers stack defenses because they are the focus, they aren't focused because of it.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#72 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:44 pm

Kaliani wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:29 pm
You're looking at the events backwards.
Healers stack defenses because they are the focus, they aren't focused because of it.

I stack defenses because due to its poor scaling I have no reason to invest in willpower. I get all that survivability essentially for free.

This has nothing to do with seeing things backwards.

There needs to be a trade-off, and currently there isn't.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Kaliani

Post#73 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:50 pm

Also, not all DPS are melee and not all healers are ranged. So that logic is flawed as well.
The melee healers are considered non-viable in RvR because they are such a focus they can't get into melee effectively.

Caduceus

Post#74 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:42 pm

Kaliani wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:50 pm
Also, not all DPS are melee and not all healers are ranged. So that logic is flawed as well.
The melee healers are considered non-viable in RvR because they are such a focus they can't get into melee effectively.

Ranged DPS still has significantly less range than healers.

And Shield WP/DoK is obviously an entirely different subject.

So no, the logic isn't flawed, and my previous points (that remain unaddressed) still stand.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Kaliani

Post#75 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:28 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Kaliani wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:50 pm

Ranged DPS still has significantly less range than healers.

And Shield WP/DoK is obviously an entirely different subject.

So no, the logic isn't flawed, and my previous points (that remain unaddressed) still stand.
Your points keep getting address but you just dismiss everything everyone says and repeat yourself.
Here, I'll refute your new point too.
WP and DOK healers are mid range that have to get even closer than the ranged DPS to be effective.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#76 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:35 pm

Hello,

I'm locking this thread as it's run its course and is going downhill very fast.