Re: Scenario 'Data'

Post#11 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 pm

T1 Gates of Ekrund
308-500 Destruction
Duo Queue (RP Bailiff)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Comments:

Our last match before Bailiff and I had to log off. Destruction looked to have a very good 4 man group, a good 2 man group, and a good maybe group of 3 people or so. Order had a similar smattering of group queues ranging from solo to small groups. The difference was just that ours were worse across the board, myself included. And the community is small enough that we were just getting beat up over and over again with similar teams.

I had fun and the teams weren't terrible or anything. I think this is a very mild version of what people sometimes talk about when they are speaking of premades. I didn't mind this at all. I had fun. When I find a group of Order I enjoy playing with, I definitely add them to the group and our win rate goes up. But I suspect the current T2 can get really rough versions of this. My one experience with T2 so far was of 12x Destro all geared at level 20 and they just destroyed the ragtag bunch of 12-20 Order who seemed to be largely solo queueing. I'm sure if some people get that a bunch, they'd be frustrated if they wanted to keep solo queueing.

For T1 though, I'm not sure there's a problem that I've seen yet. Even when I hit my biggest losing run yet.

Ads
Elenol

Post#12 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Don't think T1 is really helpfull Ehen you're looking for the impact of premades.
I'm sure that's true. I guess I have 1 level 12 and I was playing with a buddy who was only T1 today so I wanted to start this thread. It's also not helpful if I'm the only one who posts this sort of thing and I wouldn't be surprised if the topic just dies. But I thought I'd give it a go even though I'm just a low level new player who is mostly in T1 still. If it catches on and T2 folk help out, it'll just be a pleasant surprise!

Wraithedge

Post#13 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:28 am

Wow Elenol, you are a being of great fortitude and determination. I applaud your efforts. I hope the devs can use your detailed and considered commentary.

Elenol

Post#14 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 am

I'm dreading trying out a couple SCs on my melee WP at level 13. It seems almost rude to my own team.

Elenol

Post#15 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 pm

T1 Mourkain Temple
475-500 Destruction
Duo Queue (buddy failed to join)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Comments:

Spoiler:
This was the 2nd match in a row my friend wasn't able to join our duo queue SC pop (we played Destruction this day). The first match we started out pretty good (I forgot to record the score), but I think being down a man for a while got us pretty good. This time we were actually down quite a bit and then had a monster comeback which I assume has a strong correlation with that fact that we eventually got our full 12 before the end.

The main take away from this in my mind is that it really makes a difference even 11v12 for a bunch of random pugs facing off against each other. If you had a really strong, disciplined team, you can overcome that pretty often I suspect. But if we're assuming random pugs vs random pugs (which I assume this was largely), then you've gotta get pretty lucky on the draw to overcome that missing person. I can see why people ditching queues in the past derailed SCs mightily!

Elenol

Post#16 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:48 pm

T1 Reikland Factory
Duo Queue (Squig Herder)
500-145 Order

Score:
Spoiler:
Comments:
Spoiler:
We started out down a few people and ended up one person. I wasn't grouped with a healer so I had to kind of run with the rest of the pugs this time and we all capped 1 point, giving up 2 early. Then got wiped. I don't know if there is much to say except that it helps to be a healer or group with a healer. Otherwise you're too dependent on pugs and can't try to make independent-minded decisions near as well.