Recent Topics

Ads

[GENERAL CALL] You can really help Max.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[GENERAL CALL] You can really help Max.

Post#1 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi there !

Just a little message to ask for those who have any knowledge on coding some help.

No need to sign any contract for long and painfull years, no need to take all your time to, but if you think you can give a little push to move on the WarEmu project, please, don't be affraid :). It can be somethinfg not really important, like icon IDs, or most several like PvP mecanics, or just the calculating system of anything... ... maybe just a skill or
anything else...
but if you feel able to bring to the emu a little "thing more/better", please tell us, talk to Max, give suggestions, take a look on code, db...

WarEmu is open source. No glory for anybody. All of us can write some little part on this exciting project. So another time, please, if you can help, try your best to :).

Many Thanks.

Yali

Ads
JeFawk

Re: [GENERAL CALL] You can really help Max.

Post#2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:25 pm

The problem is, not even I can reach Max when I need to, and some of my questions go unanswered.

He's busy. He's not a people person. I'm fine with that I suppose.
Every person that I redirected to Max gave up after a few tries to talk to him :)

Also there's some info in your post that's not entirely accurate. For example, I'm all in for the glory.

Archer

Post#3 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 pm

everybody who wants this to succeed all want this to succeed, each has their own reasons.
how could this be co-ordinated? is the git hub the actual server code for instance?
ill sign up and help in any capacity that i can. Has there been attempts to use addons to pull out all of the id's, am I re-designing the wheel on this, quick look at the api could be simples as this.
for i = 1, 1000000 do
EA_ChatWindow.Print(towstring(i) .. L" " .. GetAbilityName(i))

MaxHayman
Management

Post#4 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 pm

JeFawk wrote:The problem is, not even I can reach Max when I need to, and some of my questions go unanswered.

He's busy. He's not a people person. I'm fine with that I suppose.
Every person that I redirected to Max gave up after a few tries to talk to him :)

Also there's some info in your post that's not entirely accurate. For example, I'm all in for the glory.
I'm very busy at times. I tell people to fork the WarEmu github if they want to, I'm not stopping them. The github dosen't have the most up-to-date code that the server is using, but that shouldn't stop anyone.
Max Hayman

Mirkul29

Post#5 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:10 am

I'm curious though, what are you working on right now? I know a bit of SQL to understand what is what but I have the feeling that there's some code missing. Like ability status (Ex: poison, stun, slow-down, etc...).

On the other hand I'm a noob coder, so you can slap me with your **** and tell me that I'm wrong...Either way, I'm learning and helping at the same time.
Yeah, I like violence
Spoiler:

SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Hello,

i found this tool on war-Emu.com. http://www.war-emu.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1213
Download doesn`t work at the Moment but if the Programm does what the description promise we can do a lot of work without knowing programming or SQL.

i hope somebody reupload it.

Sorry for my bad english

regards

JeFawk

Post#7 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 pm

You need to be GM to use it, so it's useless for you on this server.

nalgol
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:00 pm

https://mega.co.nz/#!xU5iiJST!CR6uyQZBp ... 4a6ehGN-ys

heres the tool you need your own sqlserver to use it and a game server would be nice too to test changes

Ads
SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:19 pm

mhh ok then it is not so easy as i thought

nalgol
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm

setting up the sql server and importing the db is easy then you can fix stuff
setting up a server inst that hard either i can upload a working one so only extract change config files and off you go

maybe i should write a small guide