Recent Topics

Ads

new player, just hit 40. feedback on the war crests and weekly quests system

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
LeVagabond

new player, just hit 40. feedback on the war crests and weekly quests system

Post#1 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:54 pm

hit 40 on my zealot a few days ago. since then:
  • I spent a day looking at the loading screen that wouldn't let me through (solved by a GM deleting all my quests).
  • I've lost 8/10 scenarios, either against premades or just because order seems to have a big advantage in... whatever. I'm not sure how, but those losses are usually extremely one sided with 0 kills on our side.
  • I've noted that if any DPS only looks at me funny for a few seconds I'm usually very dead even with detaunt and 50% dmg cd up
  • I've looked at LFG groups looking for healers, all requiring RR60+ to join
  • I've joined the weekend scenario for more of the same issues
  • I've looked at the weekly scenario quests to discover that I have to compete against other healers for a medal (good luck against a RR80 geared player), and capture all flags (when the 1 victory out of 10 scenarios ends with Order surrendering before we can do that)
  • I've gotten 1 war crest for every scenario because of all the above
  • I've looked at the 10k crests total required for sovereign gear
  • I've decided that since on top of everything else I'm not having fun being a pin cushion that cannot keep anything alive, I'm just going to quit
spending hours in rvr in open groups for not much more hasn't been fun either.

before you tell me to "git gud", I'm running the right build for those things and have been topping healing and protection during leveling. I just can't compete with that kind of gear, on my side and on the other. and I can't gear up for all those reasons.

I'm probably not the best player ever, but as 1/12th or less of a praag group and a healer on top I think my contribution is also probably not the culprit there.

so thanks for the bit of nostalgia, and see you when there's some change on all that.

Ads
Schett

Re: new player, just hit 40. feedback on the war crests and weekly quests system. tl;dr: uninstalling.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:01 pm

What gear are you currently in and what's your spec?
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

LeVagabond

Re: new player, just hit 40. feedback on the war crests and weekly quests system. tl;dr: uninstalling.

Post#3 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:06 pm

Schett wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:01 pm What gear are you currently in and what's your spec?
4/6 conqueror and mender set. I KNOW I'm not well geared. the game is literally unplayable like this, that's the point.

oh, and I also got **** when the game glitched out buying conqueror boots so the item didn't appear in my bags. bought them again, got it twice. 170 crests wasted.
Last edited by LeVagabond on Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strakar

Post#4 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Hey buddy,

Fresh 40 is probably the toughest part of the game.

Scens, if you are pugging and get blown out 2-3 times in a row, stop and do something else, try again couple hours later when new groups queue. Or join a premade in LFG.

I have a zealot too, they are soft. Ask a tank for a guard if they aren't already. Make sure to grab armor and toughness pots. Slot wound talis. Now the beastlord is on 15 min cd get a group for that. 3 set piece bonus is armor and maybe an upgrade if you are in annihilator.

Join a pug warband in rvr if the organizers want 60+. Destro is rolling right now, you should have no problems winning zones and getting crests.

Basically, give up on scs for crest gain, post patch it seems to be suboptimal. Do rvr for a while. If you like scs the most than see advice in first 2 paragraphs.

Hope this helps.

Lion1986

Post#5 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:09 pm

LeVagabond wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:54 pm hit 40 on my zealot a few days ago. since then:
  • I spent a day looking at the loading screen that wouldn't let me through (solved by a GM deleting all my quests).
  • I've lost 8/10 scenarios, either against premades or just because order seems to have a big advantage in... whatever. I'm not sure how, but those losses are usually extremely one sided with 0 kills on our side.
Happened to me a lot on my BW while leveling. So?
[*]I've noted that if any DPS only looks at me funny for a few seconds I'm usually very dead even with detaunt and 50% dmg cd up
welcome to the caster side of the game. think that as BW i kill myself while dpsing xD
[*]I've looked at LFG groups looking for healers, all requiring RR60+ to join
That is because 40 are either garbage warband or elitist one. no more middleground after 8 years of level 40 farm. Happens the same in order too friend.
[*]I've gotten 1 war crest for every scenario because of all the above
Avoid weekly and focus in rvr to rank up like i do unless you join a premade. Scenarios are a waste of time only right now.
[*]I've looked at the 10k crests total required for sovereign gear
like all the server players do. Nothing special here sir.
[*]I've decided that since on top of everything else I'm not having fun being a pin cushion that cannot keep anything alive, I'm just going to quit
[/list]
sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this game is extremely imbalanced, unlike WOW, so either you love it or you quit it. We hope you come back!
before you tell me to "git gud", I'm running the right build for those things and have been topping healing and protection during leveling. I just can't compete with that kind of gear, on my side and on the other. and I can't gear up for all those reasons.
I always have been against "git gud " mentality. This game is all about gear and meta. Got the right class? youre a god even if mentally disable. Playing nerfed class? no matter how skilled you are you are a renown pinata and nothing more. (just look ranked stats)

Omegus

Post#6 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:41 pm

LeVagabond wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:54 pm hit 40 on my zealot a few days ago. since then:
  • I've noted that if any DPS only looks at me funny for a few seconds I'm usually very dead even with detaunt and 50% dmg cd up
  • I've looked at the weekly scenario quests to discover that I have to compete against other healers for a medal (good luck against a RR80 geared player), and capture all flags (when the 1 victory out of 10 scenarios ends with Order surrendering before we can do that)
  • I've decided that since on top of everything else I'm not having fun being a pin cushion that cannot keep anything alive, I'm just going to quit

I'm probably not the best player ever, but as 1/12th or less of a praag group and a healer on top I think my contribution is also probably not the culprit there.

so thanks for the bit of nostalgia, and see you when there's some change on all that.
1) Now that dungeon lock-out timers are less than a day, you can very quickly gear up your Zealot with better gear from PVE. You have the advance of even being able to use some pieces of the Bloodlord set - even though it is technically a DPS set - as you'll convert the DPS stats to healing stats.

2) Gunbad and BB/BE give you weapons. 2% crit weapon drop from bags in Gunbad (and that dungeon craps out bags), and fancy proc weapons are rewards from BB/BE influence.

3) Look into whether you can get some more set bonuses from Beastlord gear too. This requires you to kill world bosses in a group (no RR for the groups as it's a low-level set) and the boss respawn timer was significantly reduced recently.

4) Just FYI, the weekend warfront is an absolute bloodbath as the top reward is an event slot item that can't easily be gotten anywhere else. It is not a casual/pug friendly event at all, and I would suggest that anyone avoids it that has low gear/renown unless you're willing keep playing in the hope of getting carried (which is easier with Battle for Praag as it's a bigger scenario).

5) Don't forget that your single target heals have a 150ft range on them and you - as a squishy Zealot - should make use of a lot of that range to help put distance between you and the enemy.

Putting some time into PVE will help with a lot of your gear issues. WAR has always been a PVP/PVE hybrid game and to get the best gear you have to do a mixture of both. Mixing gear from multiple sets to get your willpower and wounds (ESPECIALLY) wounds up is important. Talismans and renown should be defensive-based as well to help you stay alive - if it's not already then look into wounds talismans (other ROR players: OP is a new player so don't suggest expensive armour ones for Conq gear!) and putting your renown points into reduced chance to be critically hit.

As a Zealot you're typically gearing and speccing to stay alive first, and heal second, as a dead healer can't heal at all.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Lion1986

Post#7 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:23 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:41 pm

1) Now that dungeon lock-out timers are less than a day, you can very quickly gear up your Zealot with better gear from PVE. You have the advance of even being able to use some pieces of the Bloodlord set - even though it is technically a DPS set - as you'll convert the DPS stats to healing stats.

2) Gunbad and BB/BE give you weapons. 2% crit weapon drop from bags in Gunbad (and that dungeon craps out bags), and fancy proc weapons are rewards from BB/BE influence.

3) Look into whether you can get some more set bonuses from Beastlord gear too. This requires you to kill world bosses in a group (no RR for the groups as it's a low-level set) and the boss respawn timer was significantly reduced recently.

4) Just FYI, the weekend warfront is an absolute bloodbath as the top reward is an event slot item that can't easily be gotten anywhere else. It is not a casual/pug friendly event at all, and I would suggest that anyone avoids it that has low gear/renown unless you're willing keep playing in the hope of getting carried (which is easier with Battle for Praag as it's a bigger scenario).

5) Don't forget that your single target heals have a 150ft range on them and you - as a squishy Zealot - should make use of a lot of that range to help put distance between you and the enemy.

Putting some time into PVE will help with a lot of your gear issues. WAR has always been a PVP/PVE hybrid game and to get the best gear you have to do a mixture of both. Mixing gear from multiple sets to get your willpower and wounds (ESPECIALLY) wounds up is important. Talismans and renown should be defensive-based as well to help you stay alive - if it's not already then look into wounds talismans (other ROR players: OP is a new player so don't suggest expensive armour ones for Conq gear!) and putting your renown points into reduced chance to be critically hit.

As a Zealot you're typically gearing and speccing to stay alive first, and heal second, as a dead healer can't heal at all.
nice post but he said:
I've decided that since on top of everything else I'm not having fun being a pin cushion that cannot keep anything alive, I'm just going to quit

shoelessHN

Re: new player, just hit 40. feedback on the war crests and weekly quests system

Post#8 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:34 pm

Fresh 40 anything is going to be a mostly garbage experience in scenarios. Has little to nothing to do with the currency change.

Ads
utopi

Re: new player, just hit 40. feedback on the war crests and weekly quests system

Post#9 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:44 pm

As a returning player that use to play on live. The RR gain is ultra fast, and it does suck going from 40-50. I am at 50 hours played, and I am RR51. About 6 of those hours went into doing Gunbad twice, and a lot of AFking while working remotely. I consider myself a casual at the moment, and the amount of RR/Currency gain is way too fast IMO. I was one of the first RR80's on live, and it took me over a year to grind it with one of the best guilds in the game. For healers it's all about positioning, and as a pug you need to /sc and ask for guard. Without asking you won't get it. Also, don't know your hours but as a NA player it seems like Euro always wins in SC's at 1AM EST.

Lastly, use the 25% extra renown potions 24/7. They are the first reward which is easily obtainable for RVR&Sc weeklies.

The only thing that sucks is I don't xrealm as I have no interest in secondary characters in any MMO. Destro has been pure zerg this last week, and oRVR feels like I am PV-Dooring the entire time. I have gotten 1500 crests just casually healing between the 90 fort flips in the past week. By the time I can wear conq+ gear I'll have enough tokens for 60+ gear at this rate.

Omegus

Post#10 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:21 am

Lion1986 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:23 pm nice post but he said:
I've decided that since on top of everything else I'm not having fun being a pin cushion that cannot keep anything alive, I'm just going to quit
Yeah that's a thing people say. Nothing stopping them from reinstalling the game based on someone offering some solutions they might be willing to try though.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot