Recent Topics

Ads

Upgrade DE racial tactics.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Zxul

Upgrade DE racial tactics.

Post#1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:32 pm

Racial tactics of other races:

Dwarfs- 80 toughness and 1 sec cc reduction, great. 660 armor, also great.
Empire- absorb tactic, very nice for sustain builds, for pug where healing is less available, etc.
High elf- 10% defenses bypass, pretty decent, and Centuries of Training can give some extra dmg on offspec builds.
Greenskins- 160 wounds and crit dmg, or detaunt + speed buff, no complains here.
Chaos- absorb tactic, and in addition Backlash which is nice on offspec builds.

And then you get to DE racial tactics:

10% more healing received- doesn't even does anything at all unless you are teamed with a healer (or I guess gives a minor buff to 1 bg ability), and even then subpar to pretty much anything you could slot in there.
Any time you kill an enemy you get a small hot- only situation where it can get even theoretical use is solo pve farming of mobs.

Out of all the races DE get by far the worst racial tactics, the only time those ever get slotted is on sorc solo aoe farming regular mobs. Out of other races high elf ones are probably the worse, and on any DE toon I would still exchange both DE tactics for one of high elf ones in a heartbeat.

So the suggestion is to upgrade/replace DE racial tactics to something else, which will actually be useful. Possibly upgrade the heal received % so it will be worth slotting at least in party, maybe replace the hot on kill with lifetap proc- will fit the DE racial theme, or some other change.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
lumpi33

Re: Upgrade DE racial tactics.

Post#2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:19 pm

I agree with you that the DE and also HE racial tactics are pretty garbage. However, buffing up DEs right now, as you suggest, is a very bad idea. All three DE classes are performing very well, actually they are a bit over the top. Think about regen def WE, think about shield dok and sorc is also doing very well. Giving them better tactics with more heals or whatever is a bad bad idea.

Whether it is more damage or more survivability or more mobility or more utility, they don't need it. They have everything they need. If you don't like their racial tactics then use another one. Every class has tactics that are not being used because others are overall better.

Keep in mind that you can't have it all. When a class has super strong damage, then they need to be weaker in another aspect. Or if it is very tanky then the damage needs to be lower. That's how it works, or should work.

So no, dark elves don't need better racial tactics. DEs racials might be the worst but on the other hand greenskins racials are the best.

Absinth

Re: Upgrade DE racial tactics.

Post#3 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:45 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:19 pm I agree with you that the DE and also HE racial tactics are pretty garbage. However, buffing up DEs right now, as you suggest, is a very bad idea. All three DE classes are performing very well, actually they are a bit over the top. Think about regen def WE, think about shield dok and sorc is also doing very well. Giving them better tactics with more heals or whatever is a bad bad idea.

Whether it is more damage or more survivability or more mobility or more utility, they don't need it. They have everything they need. If you don't like their racial tactics then use another one. Every class has tactics that are not being used because others are overall better.

Keep in mind that you can't have it all. When a class has super strong damage, then they need to be weaker in another aspect. Or if it is very tanky then the damage needs to be lower. That's how it works, or should work.

So no, dark elves don't need better racial tactics. DEs racials might be the worst but on the other hand greenskins racials are the best.

Think about shield dok, oh okay a pretty niche spec that needs 24/7 supervision from a tank and probably also a healer is now an issue because its apperently "doing very well" despite being unplayable in the warband aswell as being good only in sweaty 6man and in solo roam if enemy has no clue what to do. And before you say "no it does not" then you are welcome to try to play it and you will find that having a healer constantly on the frontline does not really work the moment the fight reaches more than 1 party involved unless he specs fully into defense and at this point his a sponge that does little to no healing, if we go other side and we focus too much on dealing damage we could be just running dual wield spec but then they decided to gatekeep everything into 3 little specs where no single one of them is really good, the only saving grace is the current proc setup that forces you to give up 2 tactic slots for it, place where you could put a tactic for more damage that would increase your healing and something else like current racial tactic to give you a little more self sustain.

Def We's i could see but i dont see how they are performing "very well, over the top" after the nerfs that came with the initial balancing patch when i see that their damage output was considerably nuked and performs pretty much on basis of smacking someone that is not in the regen deftard like everyone is running in solo spec, regentard kotbs that you cant hit because they have high avoidances and heal off most of what you deal them, dps am's that drop puddle, heal themself and are back to full hp.

Sorc is the only one i could agree that actually performs really well

But even considering all of the things i said above i would not say that the racial tactic need changes, it is weak and bland compared to others but most of the classes have something better in their slot already and if one was looking for balance changes they should be done on per class basis since changing the racial could bring more bad than good.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert