Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Code of Conduct
Avernus

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#191 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:12 am

Sofong wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:02 am
Dajciekrwi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 am "Thunderous Blow - Requires Savagery or Brutality stance" - can someone who play as a marauder explain meaning of this change?
What is the intention of such proposition?
its meant to restrict aoe mara to use ST skilsl, meanwhile aoe WL have no restriction to their ST skills like armor debuff or cull the weak^^
I guess you can't even tell the difference between AoE mara and common mara using his 3 hand. Hint - AoE mara don't have Thunderous blow.

That joke about stance..uhm...hand restrictions is kinda funny though. What about poor SW's, how can they even live with their stances while evil SH's enjoy using their skills without (almost) any restrictions!

Ads
tazdingo

Post#192 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:33 am

lumpi33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:16 am This is also a thorn in my eye:

- Right in Da Jibblies - Causes minor knockback effect yet again, without checking target immunity and without giving one itself.

Another interrupt/knockback that does not trigger immunity for destro?
jibblies has always been immunity ignoring. we'll have to see what "minor" means compared to the little upward stun now though

cleanharry030

Post#193 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:34 pm

still no ailment based Tank on Order, putting DoK at a disadvantage
Ybilla WP / Valrelen DoK

Not Good Enough / NGE

WARChosen

Post#194 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:59 pm

Aluviya wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:00 am
WARChosen wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:58 am
lumpi33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:04 pm I can already imagine playing ranged dps after the patch:

You hit melee dps for 0 damage (-300 tough)(-400 guard)(-10 laughed off)
Your Centuries of Training hits melee dps for 40 (-80 tough)(come on, 40 is pretty good for centuries of training)
Melee dps self heals for 40 (+300 overhealed)
Your targeted healer is out of range (65ft is enough, right)
You hit tank for 0 damage (block)(evaded)(disrupted)(-800 tough)(-10 shrugged off)
Your are pulled into the middle of the melee train (here it comes)
You use self knock back to escape (lol, nice try)
Your are knocked down (self knock back cancelled, hold still)
You are disabled
Melee dps critically hits you for 1500 (+in your face)(+roflmao)
Melee dps left hand critically hits you for 800 (+lolz)
Melee dps hits you with proc for 340 (+take that)
Melee dps hits you with another proc for 420 (+I love that)
Melee dps hits you with yet another proc for 250 (+One more)
Melee dps moral hits you and everything around you for 2500 damage (0 mitigated my friend)
You are snared
Tank critically hits you for 1200 with mighty three hit combo
Tank hits you with proc (yet another one)
Tank critically hits you for 1100 with mighty three hit combo
Tank hits you with another proc (because why not)
Tank hits you with yet another proc (eat it)
Tank critically hits you for 1300 with mighty three hit combo
You can't move
You die (why do you even play ranged dps *facepalm*)

Not much different to now but who thought that it would get worse?
I can show you what is real live when a tank face range DPS
Not sure what you are trying to prove here other your inexperienced state, using backlash aura in SC's. I don't see any impressive number here especially as it is taken out of context when not adding the timers. The only ability that a SW really has to deal decent range damage is Festering Arrow, which also only works if you had at least 1 mostly likely 2 additional RDPS to rotate with you at the same time. This means you are facing a 1 Tank 3 RDPS 2 Heal comp (I was involved in it) which is also is quite poorly working on order in comparison to destru and hard to play when facing a decent melee premade. What you posted here is exactly that type of a range assist comp. And to be fair here, it's not great considering that 3 DPS are assisting at you at once. If you had a KOTBS in the same situation, the Sorc would have rotated you for 2k+ on Word of Pain alongside with the Tzeentch's Talon on you and the Squig slowly grinding you down meanwhile. Let's just nerf the SW, because it has _2_ abilities, that actually deal damage every 5 and every 10 secs, :lol: . Just because you play a tank class doesn't legitimate that you take 0 damage from RDPS (even if certain streamers claim otherwise), was never like this (not even on live) as you are already given tools to deal with it and everything else is a question of build, positioning and your party that covers you. PS: You missed to mark the the parts where an ability that will be nerfed soon (rapid fire) did critically hit you for 82 damage kek.
Ohhh Boy i see that my friend want to prove :
1. that im inexperienced because i use TACTIC BACKLASH not AURA in RVR zone and i was slolo
2. that i dont show timers because i need to use to prove someting
3. I need to positioning my self because i need to when i face 4 RANGE DPS ofc ofc ofc
4."Just because you play a tank class doesn't legitimate that you take 0 damage from RDPS" i play a tank that have 5k armor 1k toughnes and 850 all resist that why you see the difrence of dm when BW crit me 810 dm and festering arrow NON CRIT 1355 but ofc ofc my friend is blind to the fact that i post this combat log to show A real live of the tank when he face range DPS
5. " PS: You missed to mark the the parts where an ability that will be nerfed soon (rapid fire) did critically hit you for 82 damage "
PS: You really think i miss more ?? :lol: :lol:

BluIzLucky

Post#195 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:51 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:44 pm - Balanced Mending - Tactic restored: Healing Energy becomes 35% more effective on allies, but 15% less effective on you.
Does restored mean added to base tactics?
Or did it replace one in the Isha tree (Apotheosis not being on live)?

Also is the mechanic reverted?
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

bw10

Post#196 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:14 am

WARChosen wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:59 pm
Aluviya wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:00 am
WARChosen wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:58 am

I can show you what is real live when a tank face range DPS
Not sure what you are trying to prove here other your inexperienced state, using backlash aura in SC's. I don't see any impressive number here especially as it is taken out of context when not adding the timers. The only ability that a SW really has to deal decent range damage is Festering Arrow, which also only works if you had at least 1 mostly likely 2 additional RDPS to rotate with you at the same time. This means you are facing a 1 Tank 3 RDPS 2 Heal comp (I was involved in it) which is also is quite poorly working on order in comparison to destru and hard to play when facing a decent melee premade. What you posted here is exactly that type of a range assist comp. And to be fair here, it's not great considering that 3 DPS are assisting at you at once. If you had a KOTBS in the same situation, the Sorc would have rotated you for 2k+ on Word of Pain alongside with the Tzeentch's Talon on you and the Squig slowly grinding you down meanwhile. Let's just nerf the SW, because it has _2_ abilities, that actually deal damage every 5 and every 10 secs, :lol: . Just because you play a tank class doesn't legitimate that you take 0 damage from RDPS (even if certain streamers claim otherwise), was never like this (not even on live) as you are already given tools to deal with it and everything else is a question of build, positioning and your party that covers you. PS: You missed to mark the the parts where an ability that will be nerfed soon (rapid fire) did critically hit you for 82 damage kek.
Ohhh Boy i see that my friend want to prove :
1. that im inexperienced because i use TACTIC BACKLASH not AURA in RVR zone and i was slolo
2. that i dont show timers because i need to use to prove someting
3. I need to positioning my self because i need to when i face 4 RANGE DPS ofc ofc ofc
4."Just because you play a tank class doesn't legitimate that you take 0 damage from RDPS" i play a tank that have 5k armor 1k toughnes and 850 all resist that why you see the difrence of dm when BW crit me 810 dm and festering arrow NON CRIT 1355 but ofc ofc my friend is blind to the fact that i post this combat log to show A real live of the tank when he face range DPS
5. " PS: You missed to mark the the parts where an ability that will be nerfed soon (rapid fire) did critically hit you for 82 damage "
PS: You really think i miss more ?? :lol: :lol:

just to clarify, are you upset about sw having to slot 3 tactics, spec an ability that is 3 seconds cast, while under a buff that has 30 seconds cd, to hit a 10k hp snb tank for 1k?

Avernus

Post#197 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:38 am

bw10 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:14 am just to clarify, are you upset about sw having to slot 3 tactics, spec an ability that is 3 seconds cast, while under a buff that has 30 seconds cd, to hit a 10k hp snb tank for 1k?
Its 2s cast with tactic. Not that it matters that much anyway. This log looks like those rdps didn't have any better targets to shoot, killing deadweight (yep, tank like this is kinda deadweight on sc) full def chosen.

mag2329

Post#198 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:02 am

I hope, that when the developers viewed old live videos about magus/engineer, they got it.
https://youtu.be/3ToZSapVZC0

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#199 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:47 am

While that video might be old id say its pretty relevant considering these patch notes.

It wouldn't be nerfing the class it would be outright slaughtering it.

lumpi33

Post#200 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:00 am

mag2329 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:02 am I hope, that when the developers viewed old live videos about magus/engineer, they got it.
https://youtu.be/3ToZSapVZC0
lol. What was the reason for that event? Magus being over or underpowered?

People always flock to the most overpowered classes. See choppa and shamans. Tons of them around. With Pounce and ranged damage nerfed there will be even more of them.

Hot yourself, dot em up, run away, profit.